3 Body Problem

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
It's like that article was written by AI, but not the good AI.

I was just thinking that maybe the aliens made them think Will is drifting off into space so that they will be too depressed to fight back.

Mirah

I love you
Wait is there good AI? Also, I was curious if Saul was saying he didn't want to be a wall sitter or whatever the word was- or was he just saying that to throw off the aliens. OR....is that what everyone thinks?

StarMan™

Halfway thru episode 2 and got a lil' put off. The acting, well ... it's not exactly Meryll Streep up in here. The girl who looks like Ruby Rose seems particularly wooden.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Wait is there good AI? Also, I was curious if Saul was saying he didn't want to be a wall sitter or whatever the word was- or was he just saying that to throw off the aliens. OR....is that what everyone thinks?
There's AI that doesn't seem as AI as the AI that wrote that article. IMO!

I think Saul is seriously saying he is not a wallsitter, but everyone is treating him like he's being clever. Basically he's a wall sitter whether he wants to be or not.

CaptainWacky

It's Wall-Facer.

I was just thinking that maybe the aliens made them think Will is drifting off into space so that they will be too depressed to fight back.

I kind of thought that too but didn't we (the viewer) see his shuttle malfunction? The Sophon can't edit our real eyes!

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
They made us think the universe blinked!

StarMan™

Finished episode 5 (not reading comments cause spoilers). Nice to have a mid-season reveal; I was worried it would be like Discovery and tease it along until the penultimate episode.

Can't we all just ... get along? Pretty sure no one has suggested peaceful coexistence yet. :D

CaptainWacky

WTF

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Holy shit!

Mirah

I love you
Halfway thru episode 2 and got a lil' put off. The acting, well ... it's not exactly Meryll Streep up in here. The girl who looks like Ruby Rose seems particularly wooden.

Augie?
I don't understand the criticism of her from others as well. Maybe she is playing a wooden character. But really, I don't get how she is supposed to act.

StarMan™

Augie?
I don't understand the criticism of her from others as well. Maybe she is playing a wooden character. But really, I don't get how she is supposed to act.

Just finished episode 6 and laughed when her F-buddy said she was beautiful, but in a boring way. Like an actress that had the lead in Speed 3. Heh.

She's alright. It depends on the scene. I mean, motivations and kicking up a fuss at times leaves me a tad confused, given the stakes. Ohhh, these are bad people. Christ.

The weakness in the show is the relationships between the core group. There hasn't been time to invest much - it's about propelling the story forward, which I'm intrigued by. But when they stop for a drink and waffle their character development lines, it can ring hollow.

Kiwi Chick and the guy dying (sorry about the names) is nice. It's worked for me. Ser Davos is a fun bastard.

As for Augie, yeah ... she just seems a touch artificial at times. Still, it's not constant. Anyway I'm on episode 7 and will hopefully finish it tonight.

Mirah

I love you
The production team was done before the strike, but waited until after so they could add in the bar scene in the beginning.
Wierd eh?
Thanks for clarifying, enjoy the end. ( Of the season)

CaptainWacky

I think they could have shown Auggie apply scienctific thought process a bit more, like when she had the countdown going on in her eyes she didn't really try to investigate it. Jin was more convincing as a science lady.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member

This is a really good review and comparison to the book.

If you watch his other videos about this book series you will know how it all ends. LIKE I DO. lol (I will forget before the show is renewed)