9/11 and the coming collapse of America's Real Estate market

Tyrant

http://www.wakeupfromyourslumber.com/node/164

The government has been using the skyrocketing real-estate market as a 'cash sink,' to absorb all the extra dollars the Federal Reserve has been printing up for the government to spend. That prevented the extra money from triggering an inflationary spiral, but the downside is that so much money has been tied up in real-estate that far too little was left over to start companies that created jobs.

Elrod Jericoho

China and Japan could really mess up our economy.

Tyrant

I wonder if that's what they thought when America invented the VCR.

EDIT: Oops, an American sold it to the Japanese rigt off the bat.

Tyrant

If you like, I can dig up more lying articles about how the housing buble is going to collapse when it's all really just fine.

Elrod Jericoho

you think it's not going to collapse?

Elrod Jericoho

b/c americans in particular look really overleveraged to me, sustained by low low low interest rates subsidized by Chinese and Japanese investment.

Tyrant

I meant to say that whatever I present might be so blasphemous to the 'bubble' of the reader that I might as well just say they're lies and not argue with him/her.

Elrod Jericoho

LIES!

In any case, that Economist article had a pretty big impact at the time.

The Question

Eternal
This is why I'm buying a boat. Probably a Privilege 39, a nice little catamaran. Maybe even expatriate. I know a cool-ass cat kickin' it over in Greece who has some good leads on booze and broads.