A bit of a conundrum...

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
What do you do if you suspect a relative is retarded?

I post life updates to Facebook and I have a cousin who regularly replies to them. And the replies leave me no other conclusion than that he's retarded. I may strip in some quotes if I care enough because, Jesus...

But the point is, I don't block him because he's blood. And I don't delete his posts, but they're seriously annoying.

I guess I feel bad. Because I'm smart. As smart as 2-3 smart guys. So I feel a little bad like, God looked down and said "Shit, I made this one too smart. How can I even it out?" And half the time I don't even do anything with my superior intellect. So yeah, that's where I'm at right now.

So yeah...
ME:
Had an interesting thought today while walking The Dog and pondering how much dirt is needed to fill a hole of a given size: All math is not equal. An accountant or a theoretical physicist or a concrete worker or a carpenter all use math but being good at one of these areas doesn't directly translate to another area.
This kind of blew me away until I realized a poet and a technical writer and a novelist and a journalist all use words, but with a different focus. Or an athlete can be a ballerina or a linebacker or a marathon runner and being good at one doesn't make one good at another. Specialization is inevitable.

HIM: Bigger than a VW bug large as a ford mustang smaller than an A Team van it will hold a 24 pack of Budweiser 2 kegs of pig's eye beer
I swear I'm not making this up.

The Question

Eternal
Just... what o_O

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
Aspergers. Although on social media it shouldn't even be an issue.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
I finally had to nuke him. A few days ago he started responding to just about any post I made a gif from "The 300." He even made repeated posts in one thread with the gif. At some point you've just got to do what needs to be done. Haven't unfollowed or unfriended him, but I deleted pretty much all his replies from my timeline.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
And since we're on the subject of Facebook conundrums, I've got someone I don't hate, but she has a boner for Failed shithole Indiana Mayor and Presidential Candidate Pete Buttgig. When he was running, I'd just quietly delete her posts about how amazing Mr. Bean and Alfred E. Neuman's love-child was, but I was relieved when he dropped out of the race.

BUT...

The past few days she's started making Buttgig posts about how sad it is that this great and brilliant luminary isn't running anymore and won't be our President.

Jesus fucking Christ. When I lived in Portland there was a guy who had a Dobby the House Elf--I forget his name [googles] Kucinich poster in his yard from 2002-2007. Shit, it's probably still there for all I know. When your guy has lost, just shut up about it. It's OK to quietly harbor regret, but don't be telling the world "GEE, IF ONLY MATT BEVIN WHAT BEEN REELECTED..." Let it go. Let it go.

The Question

Eternal
I can't relate to exactly what you've described, but I get it on the most general of levels. I know a guy (only through Facebook now, but we used to hang out in person in Tempe.) Dude's a second-hand-stress hose. Every time something stresses him out of pisses him off he starts blowing up my FB messenger about it as if whatever just pissed him off is something I can do something about.

These days I just put his bitch ass on mute for a few days, then check back to see if he knocked it off or not. And he's usually good for 2 or 3 weeks after that. But rinse and repeat, and at this point I'm starting to feel like maybe just blocking permanently wouldn't be any loss.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
I finally unfollowed a cousin because literally 75% of his FB posts were "ORANGE MAN BAD!" memes. I don't come to FB to read bumperstickers. I come to find out what friends and family are up to. Post pictures of your lunch like in Olden Dayes, for God's sake. Or your dog. Or selfies at the lake cabin.

Shit, I don't even particularly enjoy political memes of any kind. The Biden ones from around 2016 were pretty entertaining, but mostly, if I want a meme it should have a cat in it or such shit.

The Question

Eternal
What about offensive memes?

V5UUfig.jpg