A few things I have learned

Hambil

I AM A GOLDEN GOD
I got my mmj license and have been visiting dispensories for about 6 months now. It may literally have saved my life. I know the time to stop using it is approaching (mostly just because I need to finish getting my head clear) but I cannot say enough about the very real uses of this drug, and I hope they keep working on making it easier (and less expensive) for people who need it.

What I have learned that may be of help:

In general, you want indoor grown not outdoor grown. You can usually tell because indoor bubs are much tighter, smaller, and have fewer stems. They also tend to be more potent.

Of all the major strain lines I've used for pain, the one that ended up finally working for me was anything off the chemdog line (diesel, headband, and half a dozen others are all chemdog for the most part).

Get a vaporizer, you won't regret it and even though it costs $500 it WILL pay for itself.

'Gear

RIP 1970~2018
I'm looking at the Arizer Extreme-Q Vaporizer. It can be had for much less then $200 on Amazon and seems to draw mostly excellent reviews.

Hambil

I AM A GOLDEN GOD
yeah, that look decent. "precise temperature control, now with triple heat sensors"

You want to pay close attention to how it records temperature. If it records it where the herb is actually at, it's far more accurate than most that just report the temperature the heating element is blasting out.

If you overheat, you get smoke. The problems with that are several:

1) It damages the vaporize over time by getting tar in impossible to clean places.
2) It's not as good for your health.
3) The herb will last much longer if not ignited or over heated.