A serious question.

Jack's Dad

Ok I like Reuben sandwiches but I'm not so crazy about rye bread and 1000 island dressing. If I request the sandwich on white bread and without the 1000 island is it still a Reuben? I say yes because the core components remain the same the corned beef, sauerkraut, and the swiss cheese remain unchanged.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
It's not a Reuben that way. The Reuben is an award-winning sandwich recipe invented by Reuben Kaye. If you change the ingredients, you can call it anything else you like. But it's not a Reuben.

Call it Corned Jesus Back on White and see how it goes over.

It's not a Reuben that way. The Reuben is an award-winning sandwich recipe invented by Reuben Kaye. If you change the ingredients, you can call it anything else you like. But it's not a Reuben.

Call it Corned Jesus Back on White and see how it goes over.

So, you deny the existence of a turkey reuben?

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
No, Mr. Prosecutornerd, I'm sure lots of people make such sandwiches and call them Turkey Reubens or Whatever Reubens. There are no laws against doing so. But every time someone calls a sandwich a Turkey Reuben, somewhere in the world, a kitten dies.

I'm just sayin'.

No, Mr. Prosecutornerd, I'm sure lots of people make such sandwiches and call them Turkey Reubens or Whatever Reubens. There are no laws against doing so. But every time someone calls a sandwich a Turkey Reuben, somewhere in the world, a kitten dies.

I'm just sayin'.
You prescriptivists live in Fantasyland.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
And you Word of the Day addicts live in Pretentioustown. ;)