American Gods

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
He edited out about 20,000 words so the preferred text is the stuff he cut in the original. I guess the publishers wanted it cut down a bit, probably made the story better anyway, so I'm not planning to buy the anniversary edition.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
News Briefs: Starz and Bryan Fuller are Making Neil Gaiman's American Gods - TV.com

Neil Gaiman's book American Gods, which has been begging for an adaptation for years now, is finally getting a shot on television. Starz (*gulp*) will be adapting the cherished genre book with the help of Bryan Fuller, the man behind Hannibal and Pushing Daisies. For those not in the know, Gaiman's book is all about a world where gods from all walks of mythology live, the people who believe in them, and the new ones that rise as new beliefs come into play. I'm obviously not doing it justice, but needless to say this is a big deal. Starz is desperate for a hit, and with Fuller on board they have the right guy to create one, but the network's track record scares me a little bit. American Gods has the potential to be Game of Thrones huge, and in HBO's hands—where it was in development for many years before the network realized they couldn't adapt it—it could have been. [Starz via press release]

YAY, I hope they don't give up on it like HBO did.

I know there's another American Gods thread somewhere but I couldn't find it using the search or google but I didn't try very hard either, OKAY?

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
OH YEAH, NOW I SEE THE THREAD MOCKING ME FROM SIMILAR THREADS :rwmad:

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Starz Orders Neil Gaiman's American Gods to Series, With Bryan Fuller as Showrunner - TV.com

Starz Orders Neil Gaiman's American Gods to Series, With Bryan Fuller as Showrunner

Starz is making a lot of really smart choices lately and now you can add one more to their growing list of accomplishments: The network has finally ordered to series an adaptation of Neil Gaiman's American Gods. We first learned of of Starz's intentions to develop the book last July (after HBO failed to develop it in 2011), so it's about damn time. The series was adapted for TV and written by Bryan Fuller (Hannibal, Pushing Daisies) and Michael Green (Kings). Both men will serve as showrunners and executive producers alongside Gaiman.

IT'S STILL HAPPENING!

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
YOU SHALL BE PUNISHED :rwmad:

CaptainWacky

(He's friends with Neil Gaiman and recorded the audio book for Anansi Boys.)

CaptainWacky

WHEN IS THAT ELLE FANNING MOVIE OUT.

CaptainWacky

12573.imgcache.jpg

They both have "wrong" hair here!?

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
We already discussed this in the chat the other day, but TK was slow and I never remembered to look for this thread or the other one OR THE OTHER ONE :rwmad:

anyway American Gods Author Neil Gaiman on Why Casting The 100’s Ricky Whittle as Shadow Is So Vital | Vanity Fair

Gaiman addressed the importance of Shadow’s appearance in a statement about Whittle’s casting:

I’m thrilled that Ricky has been cast as Shadow. His auditions were remarkable. The process of taking a world out of the pages of a book, and putting it onto the screen has begun. American Gods is, at its heart, a book about immigrants, and it seems perfectly appropriate that Shadow will, like so much else, be Coming to America. I’m delighted Ricky will get to embody Shadow. Now the fun starts.

Ricky Whittle plays Lincoln on The 100, which has turned out to be a pretty darn good show (with a couple problems but it's good ok). Ricky does a good job on The 100, and he's hot, and STUFF. He'll be a great Shadow, imo.

CaptainWacky

I'm beginning to think that this show will actually happen.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member

OMG OMG OMG

CaptainWacky

CRISPIN GLOVER.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
NOW ON STARZ! (Translation: You will be downloading/viewing this illegally)

CaptainWacky

Starz have some good shows! Black Sails! Ash V Evil Dead! Maybe this! (Neither of those shows are on tv here of course I download them.)