American Gods

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Starz is one of the channels I'm glad I have, they almost always have something worth watching on. I am getting a bit annoyed with Showtime and HBO.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member

Their whole panel at comic con. I'LL WATCH IT LATER, MAYBE.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
I...probably won't.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Bryan Fuller ‏@BryanFuller 5h5 hours ago
#EASTER IN HER EASTER BONNET WITH ALL THE FRILLS UPON IT @KChenoweth @andmichaelgreen @neilhimself @AmericanGodsSTZ

CqpdgKoUAAACp2Q.jpg

CaptainWacky

I'm guessing she'll sing.

CaptainWacky

FIRST TRAILER AT LAST.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
OH HECK YEAH! Srsly, I can't wait for this show.

CaptainWacky

HEY, it starts tonight! People who watch it should post about it in this thread!

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
The blood splashes were very Hannibal, imo!

I was kinda worried this wouldn't be good after the Vikings at the beginning, but then it really kicked off. I loved the bar fight, and the scene in the cemetery.

CaptainWacky

The vikings were a bit weird but I feel like there was an unreliable narrator thing going on there rather than really seeing what vikings acted like.

The cinematography was really good! Ian McShane was really fun in his scenes. I think Ricky Whittle did a pretty good job. It's a shame Emily Browning is dead already and we'll definitely never see her again!

As someone who read the book over ten years ago I couldn't really remember what was supposed to happen and I don't think the episode made it very clear what the fuck was actually going on. But I don't think pilot episodes need to explain everything as long as they're entertaining to watch in their own right and this was entertaining!

She sure sucked that guy up with her pussy.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member

This is good!

CaptainWacky

I'LL WATCH IT LATER.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
People who haven't read the book might find some of that video a bit spoilerish!

CaptainWacky

This is good!

It's funny how he says "don't worry I won't give away spoilers" after he's told the whole plot of the series that isn't in the first episode (though I guess you could work it out and obviously I already knew.) Good video anyway!

whisky

Boobie inspector
It seemed weird for the sake of being weird, and it also seemed very Zac Snyder.

The Question

Eternal
It does seem (so far) that they are hewing well close to the novel. That is a good call on their parts.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I love the weird style of this show, it reminds me of Hannibal, but it has its own thing.

The Russians are creepy and I kept hoping the sister would wake up.

CaptainWacky

I love that (Swedish actor) Peter Stormare has made a career playing nothing but crazy Russians. He's very good at it!

The Gillian Anderson as Lucy scene was really good.

I hope Emily Browning gets to appear for more than 30 seconds some time.