American Gods

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
Season two starts tomorrow (for me) and I'll try to watch it even though there's a lot to watch on a Monday.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Oh sweet! I haven't been paying attention to when it was coming back.

The Question

Eternal
How can you shoot a god?

With a gun, presumably.

Okay, more serious note, have you read the novel the TV series is based on? I don't want to spoil anything if you haven't.

CaptainWacky

It was a pretty good start to the season. Not much actually happened until the end, but I guess season one was like that too.

The Question

Eternal
No, not read it.

It's worth a read, and may not actually spoil much. The TV series is taking a more, um... compressed approach to the story and deviating significantly (but in a very thoughtful and skillfully executed way) from it in places.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
The House on the Rock was pretty cool!

CaptainWacky

It definitely felt more like a conventional tv show this week. I guess we won't be getting ten minute vignettes about random gods anymore. But it was still a pretty entertaining conventional tv show, even though Shadow himself is still dull.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I watched it. Flashbacks are annoying, especially when I don't realize it's a flashback and think WHO IS THIS OTHER SHADOW? lol

CaptainWacky

At least there was tentacle sex.

CaptainWacky

I though this week's was better (despite the lack of Laura, the best character.) The sex scene was disappointngly bland though. Remember in season one why they did the really arty and weird sex scenes, that felt like real "worship"? This was just a tv sex scene.

CaptainWacky

Psychic ghost sex.

Good to see Bushmaster again.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
That was so good! She needs a couple drops of Sweeney's blood.