American Gods

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
I'll watch it because I have no life!

CaptainWacky

Umm I guess I need to watch this tomorrow? Goodnight.

whisky

Boobie inspector
Untouchables homage aside, this didn't light any fires, odd aspect changes too. Bland opening.

CaptainWacky

I likd when Odin was crowd-surfing. Most of the Gods stuff is boring and reptitive though, basically two characters will meet up and say "there's a war coming" or threaten each other and then not actually do anything.

Is Laura really dead for real now? I mean, she turned to dust. That seems pretty final.

CaptainWacky

I don't know if it's worth those bucks.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Finally watched the first one. Not too bad, I guess they're getting the story going. It does look like Laura is really dead. For a second I hoped the leprechaun guy would get to come back.

whisky

Boobie inspector
Another actor pretending to be the dad from back to the future, that always goes well.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Shadow should not have bangs.

CaptainWacky

How long have Ian McShane's teeth been like that? It's distracting.

I like the small town stuff but it makes the scenes with the Gods seem even more repetitive (always good to see Peter Stormare however!)

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I love the Russian gods. Wednesday's teeth are a bit weird!

CaptainWacky

I thought they kind of made a joke out of by Tyr wanting to do dentist stuff to them.

CaptainWacky

GWYNETH'S MOM.

whisky

Boobie inspector
I only just saw the second episode yesterday, do they even try to make it interesting?

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
The purgatory stuff was good, but sometimes it seemed to go on too long. I like Demeter!

CaptainWacky

I continue to enjoy this season more than the previous one. I like that they just let Ian McShane do something crazy every week (this week: being a flasher.) I guess Crispin Glover (and his weird nose) is just a guest star now but at least he's still around. Emily Browning is a good actress.

Pretty bad timing having Marilyn Manson guest star on the day multiple women accuse him of abuse though.