Annoying Phrases

Love Child

One Love
Oh and don't get me started on just trying to find a recipe w/out having to hear about how their grandmother and grandfather used to sow their seeds on the family farm.

The Question

Eternal
I saw a cute video this morning of an armadillo playing with toys. BUT it was ruined by the caption, "Because you need to see an armadillo playing with toys"
Just show me the fucking video! Don't tell me I NEED to see it!

Also I am looking up recipes to use coconut milk and coffee and I see this, "The coconut recipe you didn't know you needed" WTF just give me the fucking recipe w/out telling me wtf I need or don't need.

THIS IS THE POST YOU KNOW YOU NEEDED

Agreed 100%. It's more of that manipulative marketer-speak shit. "You NEEEEEEED this!" Don't tell me what I need, motherfuckers, I know better than you on that. >.<

The Question

Eternal
Oh and don't get me started on just trying to find a recipe w/out having to hear about how their grandmother and grandfather used to sow their seeds on the family farm.

"It's just like mom used to make!"

My mother couldn't cook for shit, so if that's what you're offering, hard pass.

"Mother approved!"

My mom hated my friends and loved to listen to "The Mamas & The Papas." She never "approved" of anything good, so if she'd like your shit, then your shit ain't for me.

The Question

Eternal
"The toothpaste 9 out of 10 dentists recommend!"

Dentists make a living off people whose teeth are going bad. If they're recommending your toothpaste, both their motives and your product are instantly suspect.

The Question

Eternal
Vegan "cheese" or "name whatever kind of meat."

If it didn't come from an animal, it fucking isn't cheese. Or meat.

Those are animal products. If you make a vegan replica, it isn't truthful to use the name of the thing it isn't when describing it. Just because you and your customers want to not feel like total kooks for selling and/or eating that shit, fuckin' tough. You fucking are kooks.

Mind you, I'm not even saying there's something wrong with being a kook. But there sure as hell is something wrong with being a fucking coward about it.

Plus, some people want to buy real food, truthfully labeled, not your weird ass kook feed. So be a kook with pride, label your shit honestly so the kooks can tell it apart from real food and so can us normal people.

Love Child

One Love
I ordered some vegan meals and food recently when I was thinking there may be a problem w/ purchasing meat and the recipes were great! But the vegan "dairy" products wierded me out. Nope. Still gonna use real cheese. (Also I still eat meat, just trying out some new food styles)
Why do people give up dairy-eggs even? Unless it is a food allergy I don't imagine it hurting the animals. One can purchase humanly (animally! :D ) made products.

Love Child

One Love
I can't handle the comments strangers make on "cute" videos. Especially cute videos with kids! They make whole scenarios in their heads "Oh isn't that a propery raised child, they are going to grow up to be such a good gentleman"
OR MAyBE THey ARE BEING RAISED WITH FEAR AND BAD THINGS! DON'T MAKE ASSUMPTIONS!

Also-I am a stranger replying to things on a message board, BUT ITS DIFFERENT!

So, here is cute video of kid being handed nice food and saying "thank you" Yes the kid seems nice, yes the parent seems nice-except are you seriously recording your kid every single time you hand them something????? WTF
Also-raising polite people is possible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hate that people are sooooooo surprised at EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also I've never plopped a kid out of my vagina SO I KNOW NOTHING OF RAISING KIDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But I still believe they can totally be raised in a loving house hold of politeness.

What I'm really trying to say is that I should just look at a cute video and NOT READ THE COMMENTs! WHY DO I READ THE FUCKING COMMENTS?! BECAUSE THEY WILL ALWAYS DISAPOINT ME!

The Question

Eternal
"full of piss and vinegar". Was this phrase the result of some kind of old timey experiments to see what combination of fluids would make a person rambunctious and disinclined to take any shit? Maybe an antiquated version of "Fear Factor" they had at industrial-revolution-era factories, they'd line the sooty-faced little Dickensian orphans up and pour various exotic concoctions into them?

"Mayonnaise and root beer... nope, that one just puked on my shoes, take him out back and feed him to an alligator. Hmmm, tonic water and motor oil...? Nope, that one's dead. Piss and... vinegar -- OH SHIT, LOOKIT 'IM GO! THAT'S THE STUFF!"

:wtf:

Love Child

One Love
Wall of moms.
Really? ALL of them were moms?
Why can't they be anything else? Why does it matter that they are moms? Can't it just be said "A group of bad-ass women stood up in Portland"

The Question

Eternal
Or, really, just... human shields.

Loktar

Pinata Whacker
Wall of moms.
Why can't they be anything else? Why does it matter that they are moms? Can't it just be said "A group of bad-ass women stood up in Portland"
It makes the fantasy hotter if the "moms" spank the big bad stormtroopers. MILF POWER!

The Question

Eternal
The current use of the word "privilege." The entire concept is just a mechanism for lefties to be bigoted shitheads and let themselves off the hook while doing it.

The Question

Eternal
Said the privileged white man who probably argues that he has had no privilege in his life.

Perfect example. You assume, because of my skin color (racism) and the arrangement of my genitals (sexism), that I've had an easy life, or a good one. You just engaged in racism and sexism, and justified it with the "privilege" get-out-of-not-acting-like-a-racist-and-a-sexist-free card.

The Question

Eternal
"Liquor in the front, poker in the rear."

Who came up with that? Who decided that was clever? That phrase is annoying because where the fuck did it even come from?!

The Question

Eternal
Wall of moms.

"Wall of Commie Karens Who Want To Snag Some College Age Bad Boy Dong" was probably trademarked.

Loktar

Pinata Whacker
"Liquor in the front, poker in the rear."

Who came up with that? Who decided that was clever? That phrase is annoying because where the fuck did it even come from?!

A bar that hosts poker games in a back room came up with that clever marketing slogan. They didn't count on people that can turn any phrase dirty.

Love Child

One Love
Perfect example. You assume, because of my skin color (racism) and the arrangement of my genitals (sexism), that I've had an easy life, or a good one. You just engaged in racism and sexism, and justified it with the "privilege" get-out-of-not-acting-like-a-racist-and-a-sexist-free card.

Just like I said you would do.
I will not claim to not be racist.
It is ingrained in our lives.
I am working at being anti-racist.
It is more important to dismantle systems that don't work for everyone than to sit and argue on the internet with one person about it.