Babies aborted for not being perfect (A suggested article)

Tyrant

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/li...1770&ico=Homepage&icl=TabModule&icc=NEWS&ct=5

Makes perfect sense! They are not yet sentient, and because all human morals stem from Christ, whom I think is yucky poo, I won't follow their lead!

Down with Christians shoving their morals in my face, and up with minor abortions!

fetusL290506_228x247.jpg

Fuck the human race, I say. Individual freedoms is where it's at!

Hambil

I AM A GOLDEN GOD
Do we really want a baby with club feet born to parents so adverse to any kind of physical defect they'd consider terminating a pregenancy?

Laker_Girl

Mrs. Big Dick McGee
^That makes perfect sense.

I don't even get into the abortion discussion anymore and this article is the reason why. One week twenty-four weeks, it doesn't matter, it's monsterous, IMO.

Astral

Chaddee said:
till it can survive on its own, its a lump of cells. A parasitic lump of cells to boot.

so killing babies and children is fine as well? They cannot survive on their own either.

Tyrant

Hambil said:
Do we really want a baby with club feet born to parents so adverse to any kind of physical defect they'd consider terminating a pregenancy?
I assume the parents who go through with it wouldn't have a problem if the baby had a serious defect, and if it was discovered later in the term.

What bothers me is that terminating a pregnancy in this manner seem so selfish, and is an example of a 'woman's right to choose' gone haywire. These 'cells' will make up humanity... they aren't trinkets or puppies in windows.

Parents shouldn't be tempted with things like this, not over something so trivial.

And while this might touch on issues of eugenics, it should be stated that it's purpose is to improve mankind, or to prevent it from degrading into a mess of people dependant on medicine to stay alive, at the very least.

In this case, the parents will be allowed to pick and choose according to their whims, and not for some greater good.

I don't even get into the abortion discussion anymore and this article is the reason why. One week twenty-four weeks, it doesn't matter, it's monsterous, IMO.

I am firmly opposed towards 'abortions of convenience.' However, while the idea of terminating the life of a baby who could be born with a serious defect does seem monstrous, I believe we just need to grit our teeth and carry it out.

This is why the idea of terminating pregnancies seems atheistical IMO... if there is a soul and afterlife and the cells/baby has one or does not, either way, no harm done, because that fate awaits us all.

till it can survive on its own, its a lump of cells. A parasitic lump of cells to boot.
That doesn't seem like a very well thought-out statement, Chaddee.

Chaddee

anything feeding off another persons body is a parasite.

a child can eat on thier own. Can be fed by another.

a fetus, on the other hand can't.

Therefore it is dependent on the mother, it feeds of her and is thus a parasite.

it is well thought out, its just a non-standard viewpoint.

Tyrant

Chaddee said:
anything feeding off another persons body is a parasite.

a child can eat on thier own. Can be fed by another.

a fetus, on the other hand can't.

Therefore it is dependent on the mother, it feeds of her and is thus a parasite.

it is well thought out, its just a non-standard viewpoint.
It seems more purposefully antagonistic than anything else.

NEXT.

DarthSikle

GFHH Moderator
I think we should take it to the next level. terminating a pregancy at 6 months?? I think it should be extended to 6 months after being born. Change your mind when the baby cries in the middle of the night?? Pick it up and smash its head in. Presto!! back to sleep.

Chaddee

nope, just my opinion.

As cheerfully stated as any other opinion here.

I've stated the same on several other boards for the record, so its nothing to do with being antagonistic here.

Tyrant

Chaddee said:
I've stated the same on several other boards for the record, so its nothing to do with being antagonistic here.
Come on, "parasite?"

Enkephalen

My Stars!
It is Chaddee's opinion and she had a right to her point of view.

People have argued over the abortion issue for a lot longer than Roe v. Wade. In ancient times, there was always someone who would assist a woman to rid herself of her pregnancy, or prevent one. Usually it was only the very wealthy who could afford these services and it always involved dangerous or useless methods.

We kill perfect adult human specimens all the time; capital punishment, wars, shootouts with the police (as with Star's sad tale of woe about his "uncle" being shot for brandishing his fire arm :roll:).

As to women having an abortion, for whatever reason, it is a perfectly legal medical procedure, unlike in the past when women died or were rendered barren from unsanitary and dangerous procedures performed in secret. Women risked their lives, great physical pain, public shame, excomunication from their church, and prison to have an abortion. So if anyone thinks that a change in the law will end abortions, think again.

Overturning Roe v. Wade will not end abortions, but only revert the matter to the states for a state-by-state change in the law.

Women will continue to seek abortions, legal or illegal, as they have for countless years. The only thing that happens when you make abortion illegal again is to push it back into hiding, or force women into dangerous alternatives, or to travel to foreign countries that allow abortions.

I tend to leave the question about legal abortion in the hands of a woman and her doctor, not the politicians who bend and sway to the masses at re-election time, or the religious fanatics who would be perfectly happy to burn women at the stake, or to moralist who wish to foist their ideals onto others.

As to whether or not a fetus has a soul, this is another unanswerable question along the lines of "how many angels can dance on the head of a pin", and one based in religion.

Humans have always has been self-medicating creatures, and they also seems to require some sort of religion to explain the meaning of life. These two things have really screwed us up over the centuries.

Tyrant

So do you think women aborting children due to small, treatable conditions in their babies is morally reprehensible or not?

moralist who wish to foist their ideals onto others.
Tell me, what are your views on laws prohibiting Pederasty?

Enkephalen

My Stars!
Messenger said:
So do you think women aborting children due to small, treatable conditions in their babies is morally reprehensible or not?

Tell me, what are your views on laws prohibiting Pederasty?

We are discussing abortion. Discuss abortion, and stay in that arena. Pederasty has nothing to do with abortion.

Abortion is a legal medical procedure. You are trying to find a way to place a wedge in that legality. Trying to find some point where you can say that abortion is illegal if it is done for this reason, therefore all abortions should be illegal. You cannot get around the fact that it is legal. Women and girls abort perfectly healthy fetuses, as well as those that are imperfect to varying degrees. In both cases, the abortion is legal. Is it moral? If you are a religious person the answer is simple. If you are not a religious person, then the abortion is an option. There are certain limitations placed on abortion and when it can be performed beyond a certain time during gestation. But even a nine month old healthy fetus can be aborted if the mother's life is in danger, and the choice should still remain with the doctor and his patient.

Laker_Girl

Mrs. Big Dick McGee
"Abortion is a legal medical procedure." Hm, how robotic of you.

I always think, have you never enjoyed a 6 month old baby laughing it's head off? God that is so precious. Have you never been greeted by a skreeching toddler? They couldn't be happier to see you if you were Barney or The Wiggles in the flesh, there is nothing better. Have you ever watched a child learn right in front of your eyes, seen them fall in love with reading, math, or science? It's truly incredible. I have to imagine, whatever the hardships, those precious times must be so worth the struggle.

I'm not saying the homeless crackwhore should try and raise her baby on the streets but that's why we have adoption and why we should have orphanages since foster care is often times a miserable failure.

The Question

Eternal
Enkephalen said:
If you are not a religious person, then the abortion is an option.

Just a minor point of contention here: "Religious" morality isn't always based in religion.

Chaddee

I said 'till it can surive on its own'. I believe that is currently around 27 weeks. Abortions are allowed up to 24 weeks (uk) so my standpoint is already legal.

As to parasites :definition: an animal or plant that lives in or on a host (another animal or plant); it obtains nourishment from the host without benefiting or killing the host

now, please tell me the benefit for the mother? hmm? none.
None what so ever, until the fetus can survive on its own and pass on half of her genes. Until that point it is a parasite by all terminology.

As to aborting them (and they are not babies. Fetus is the correct medical terminology until it is born. 'unborn baby' is a sentimentalist phrase used to gather support and misrepresent), that is up to the mother. Who are you to decide what a 'minor defect' is or is not? Who are you to decide what they can cope with?

As to pederasty, that's a non-sequiter, as the fetus is born at that point. Please keep it on topic.

Laker_girl, you may call Enk robotic, but she's got a well reasoned and thought out opinion there. You are basing yours on emotion, hers is based on fact. If fact makes one robotic, so be it.

And yes, I have been met by skreetching toddlers and quite frankly wished their parents could control them better. I've also sat behind mothers changing their childrens diapers on a plane, and sat in the stench...such delightful things!

Laker_Girl

Mrs. Big Dick McGee
Yes, fact makes one robotic. Computers spit out facts humans have emotions.

I wasn't asking your opinion as you seem to do nothing but try an add fuel to the fire, hardly having well thought out arguments. Basing my argument on emotion makes me a human being capable of appreciating a clump of cells as more than just a leach.

Tyrant

Enkephalen said:
We are discussing abortion. Discuss abortion, and stay in that arena.
Maybe you should re-read the thread, and then your post.

Pederasty has nothing to do with abortion.
It has to do with morals being foisted on others. Why are you even mentioning this?

Abortion is a legal medical procedure. You are trying to find a way to place a wedge in that legality.
You don't know me. I have already stated that abortion should be acceptable in extreme cases. I don't agree with abortions of convenience, but I don't bomb clinics either.

Trying to find some point where you can say that abortion is illegal if it is done for this reason, therefore all abortions should be illegal.
That's quite a conclusion.

You cannot get around the fact that it is legal.
Pederasty is illegal at the moment. Already there is a political party in the Netherlands trying to make it legal.

Surely you agree with this? I mean, why should we foist morals on pedophiles?

Women and girls abort perfectly healthy fetuses, as well as those that are imperfect to varying degrees. In both cases, the abortion is legal. Is it moral? If you are a religious person the answer is simple. If you are not a religious person, then the abortion is an option.
Why are you so concerned with legality, anyway? Beating women was also legal at some point in time.

There are certain limitations placed on abortion and when it can be performed beyond a certain time during gestation. But even a nine month old healthy fetus can be aborted if the mother's life is in danger, and the choice should still remain with the doctor and his patient.
Oh, but we mustn't consider the possibility of placing limitations on abortions of such convenience (Because they want a kid in this case, just not one with a minor defect,) because I'm 'trying to make all abortions illegal.'

Tell me, how can placing certain limitations on abortions not be foisting morals on others?

Out of curiousity, since so many far pro-choice people often talk about dark alleyways and coathangers: Have abortions gone down since it was made legal, or up?

Tyrant

Chaddee said:
And yes, I have been met by skreetching toddlers and quite frankly wished their parents could control them better. I've also sat behind mothers changing their childrens diapers on a plane, and sat in the stench...such delightful things!
And you use to be one.

Except that they'll make more fickle babies, but I see your point very well. We are, after all, comparing humans to parasites.