Bad Purchasing Decision

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
On a semirelated note, I generally like a fairly wet martini. And I generally prefer at least a little vodka in it too, to take some of the edge off the gin, but (at least in the past) I really like Aviation Gin and when it is cold enough, I can drink a glass of it with a fat olive or two and nary a hint of vermouth.

The Question

Eternal
Haven't tried Aviation gin. Worth the space on the shelf? Bear in mind, that space is at a premium. I'm mostly a bourbon drinker myself, and if it's going on the shelf it has to earn the spot. Flavored shit is fine for giving a try, but if it's going to take up space in the bar it must be quality. Current inventory is Maker's 46, Remus Repeal, Bulleit 10 Year, Gunpowder Gin, and Bombay Sapphire. (No vodka. Vodka is for nostalgic commies and dirty little Russki gangsters.)

The Question

Eternal
On an also semi-related note: Ever try a dirty martini with pickle brine instead of olive? Definitely an interesting change-up.

Loktar

Pinata Whacker
Haven't tried Aviation gin. Worth the space on the shelf? Bear in mind, that space is at a premium. I'm mostly a bourbon drinker myself, and if it's going on the shelf it has to earn the spot. Flavored shit is fine for giving a try, but if it's going to take up space in the bar it must be quality. Current inventory is Maker's 46, Remus Repeal, Bulleit 10 Year, Gunpowder Gin, and Bombay Sapphire. (No vodka. Vodka is for nostalgic commies and dirty little Russki gangsters.)
Nyet so fast Comrade. Vodka is good in screwdrivers and Bloody Mary's.

The Question

Eternal
Meh, gin is better. Vodka tastes like... well, like nothin'. Might as well drink one part Everclear to twelve parts Perri-ehhhh.

I mean, unless you go for that flavored vodka shit.

Which a rill manleh man would never do. Right? Right? Say what you will about lime flavored rum, at least that ain't some kid-friendly fuckassery like "bubblegum" flavored Three Olives, or what's one of the other ones, cotton candy? Jesus fuckbuttons Christ on a busted moped, I don't even wanna try that shit. That just sounds fuckin' nasty.

Loktar

Pinata Whacker
Meh, gin is better. Vodka tastes like... well, like nothin'. Might as well drink one part Everclear to twelve parts Perri-ehhhh.

I mean, unless you go for that flavored vodka shit.

Which a rill manleh man would never do. Right? Right?
Right.unless it was mango flavored.

The Question

Eternal
Mango is probably all right. Might go good in a screwdriver, long as they don't puss it down to under 70 proof to accommodate the flavoring. Still prefer gin, though. Bloody Mary definitely demands gin, along with Tabasco or Sriracha.

Loktar

Pinata Whacker
Mango is probably all right. Might go good in a screwdriver, long as they don't puss it down to under 70 proof to accommodate the flavoring. Still prefer gin, though. Bloody Mary definitely demands gin, along with Tabasco or Sriracha.
Good enough. I'll skip the gin in my Bloody Mary though.

The Question

Eternal
Today’s weekend sip: Southern Comfort “Fiery Pepper” and Dr. Pepper.

Fuck you, it’s cheap and it doesn’t taste like shit. You want me to drink your idea of a good drink, send me the $ and I will. Bitches. :sarek:

The Question

Eternal
Made with Tabasco. Fuckin' tasteh.

The Question

Eternal
Yeah. But at least it does the job there, unlike with Choke-a-Cola.

The Question

Eternal
Ooooh, how faaaaancy. Them Spain-yards with their mariachis and their spaghettis and their hoochie-coochie dancers.

The Question

Eternal
I thought it came from the Eee-jyp-chinz.

The Question

Eternal
So that's where Prince came from.

The Question

Eternal
Got some Stillhouse for next weekend. It's flavored moonshine, but don't worry: I found a manly flavor, one that'd have y'all manly men creamin' yer bib overalls and kicking your one-eyed houn' dawgz out of the way to get a jar of it. The flavor is, "Gasoline & Necrotic Human Tissue." Triple-filtered through a hobo's cum sock to get that real authentic moonshine flavor.

But if that won't do for ya, you can pick up their "Chunky Green Barnyard Ass" flavor, too.