Black Widow

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter

They should have released this in winter since it's all snowy and Russian.

CaptainWacky

Something's exploded.

CaptainWacky

They have to call this a "special look" instead of a trailer so they can release another trailer later and say "see we only had two trailers!"

CaptainWacky

CaptainWacky

Big Owl spot.

CaptainWacky

I guess it's not getting delayed for six months.

CaptainWacky

So basically Black Widow and Eternals will both release one year after they were supposed to. BUT THOR LOVE AND THUNDER'S STILL ON FOR FEBRUARY 2022 THAT'S WHAT MATTERS.

CaptainWacky

You'd think Disney could give it free to DIsney+ subscribers after all this time but they do like money a lot.

CaptainWacky

They've definitely broken the "two trailers" rule (that I invented) and I continue to post them all like a sucker.

CaptainWacky

Bump for anyone who's seen it but can't find this thread.

whisky

Boobie inspector
It was ok, didn't feel like a black widow film, or at least a Natasha film, she was just there to set up other characters.

It's telling in a female lead film with a female director, with a traditional male character reimagined as female, the best and most memorable character was a man, even if they did their best to make him seem like a bumbling fool.

The least interesting episode of falcon and winter soldier seems like endgame compared to this.

CaptainWacky

The cast was the best part, with Florence Pugh and David Harbour being particularly strong and only Ray Winstone and his terrible accent being a bi t weak. Thee's a lot of action and it's all decent, but none of it's particularly memorable. There's a few parts where it seems they stop short on the action, like cutting away from the Red Guardian/Taskmaster fight after a few seconds and just having Yelena gas all the brainwashed widows rather than do something cool to save Natasha. I liked how the villain (despite the character being nothing special) was a proper, gross, human-trafficking bastard and how the film didn't shy away from ickyness of the Black Widow program. The family stuff was sweet. I liked it more than the last movie I saw in the cinema (Rise of Skywalker) but it wasn't one of the top MCU movies. I look forward to seeing Yelena again.

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
Only way I could see it was to pay 30$ on Disney+. Still not brave enough to sit in a theater with strangers.

So I passed til Disney stops being greedy.

whisky

Boobie inspector
You get to watch it as many times as you want, would probably cost you more to see it at the cinema.

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
If I went with the wife, probably. We usually have a half carafe of wine with our popcorn so it usually runs 45-50 with the concessions.

It got panned badly by the critics. Makes me wonder if that means it's really good?

Loktar

Pinata Whacker
Only way I could see it was to pay 30$ on Disney+. Still not brave enough to sit in a theater with strangers.

So I passed til Disney stops being greedy.
I saw it for free with ads on my phone.