....BREAKING!!!...MASSIVE FEUD ERUPTS BETWEEN SC ADMINS......

Panda

Caitriona:

OK, that I can address.

The truth is I had no vision at all. It was put back up to accommodate the EI Bill of Rights discussions. I had every intention of taking it right back down as soon as that task was completed.

I remember Anakam was having a hell of a time keeping the pm's straight on EI, and I was banned at the time and couldn't even contribute. We needed a place to 'talk' that everyone could view/post like a BBS.

I remembered mm had this domain and I asked her if we could throw it back up to have those discussions. It seemed a perfect solution, and mm agreed. Hambil was a Tech God, found software and had it up in like 2 hours. [bows to the god of technology] When the discussions were done, people asked me to keep SC up. It seemed like a good idea at the time.

Now not so much.

If I had/have a vision, I suppose I would have to bow to my critics and say, I want it to be a little more adult and less PC than EI, but also more adult and structured than TK. An EI-raw or a TK-lite [bows to cait's critics]

An in-between place where you didn't have to worry about the moderating Nazi's, but calm enough that spam, flaming and baiting didn't suck the fun out of a discussion and the community.

Apparently, there are very few people in the middle. They either need to 'act out' on the Internet, or be in a very structured environment. I suppose I was counting on more adult behavior then could be expected, as IMHO people who need to control the structure and people who act out, are all children in the end.

The problem is, I'm not the kind of person who can provide a lot of structure for others, as I don't want to tell people what to think and how to act. On the other hand, I'm also not the kind of person who thinks that non-stop flaming and baiting is 'a fun time'.

My vision, after all the weirdness of how SC even came to be, was to foster the kind of environment that didn't moderate, but also drew a firm line on 'stupidity'.

I've often been accused of having a singularly different POV. Perhaps what I envisioned is actually impossible. Who knows. It was what I decided I'd try and go for anyway.

Ultimately it is the members who draw the lines. I'd hope that those who want to string up the more vocal TK'ers will give some slack, and those that want to skewer the more structured members will relax. We are all adults and ultimately we all know each other. We know where we stand on all the inter-board issues. Do we really need to battle here too?

If we do, I'll ban. I have no problem with a surgical strike at all. I'd just rather not and say we did.

I'll admit that the TK'ers have set the agenda for the last bit. But you [and everyone] had to know that sooner or later it was going to come to a head. The legend of SC has been so contorted by a few TK'ers, that it is next to impossible to ever settle the faux feud with the simple telling of the truth.

I would have thought we'd fall off TK's radar a long time ago because we're really inconsequential in oh so many ways.

Who knew the nutjobs at TK had that kind of attention span.

[oh and as soon as one of those nutjobs begins a thread on TK about this post, I'll post the link for those interested.]

In other news....

...BREAKING...CAIT CLAIMS: PANDA A 'NUTJOB'...

Tyrant

Messenger will never be a member here. He can try to sneak in, but I'll smell his rot.

I banned him. That's the great thing about Messy - his ego will always give him up, so we'll just keep banning him.

So which is it, Hampster?

Internet%20Ninja1.JPG

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
Bunch of morons. Hey BG I KNOW WHERE YOU LIVE, CUNT

Tyrant

Oh look. Jack has threatened me.

Nice to know I still mean so much to those folks.
It'd probably be simpler just to let you in, or have him post here.

jack

LMAO fuck who knew BG had a bit of the Dancer in him? :bigass:

jack

MR GROPING!!! ATTENTION MR BLIND GROPING!!! IT'S A TROLL!!

Damn, here I thought he and I had fun together, and now I realize I was just playing with my food.

Poofters.

Cranky Bastard

Half of what Cait said sounds like something I'd bitch about here. Amazing that people must have things their way or everything falls apart.

Easier to compromise than try to root out everyone that disagrees with you, and yet there they go...

Tamar_Garish

beer, I want beer
So...Caitriona wants Wordforge but is too incompetent to create it. :lol:

Hint #1: Administrators like Hambil will make it impossible. And no, you will never be able to keep a personality like that from fucking it up over and over no matter how often they promise to behave. See: Borgs.

Hell, why don't you go all the way and track down old Borgsie and have him replace Hambil. At least his brand of insanity isn't as full-blown meglomaniacal as the Hamster yet.

Tyrant

Yes.

Tamar_Garish said:
So...Caitriona wants Wordforge but is too incompetent to create it. :lol:

Hint #1: Administrators like Hambil will make it impossible. And no, you will never be able to keep a personality like that from fucking it up over and over no matter how often they promise to behave. See: Borgs.

Hell, why don't you go all the way and track down old Borgsie and have him replace Hambil. At least his brand of insanity isn't as full-blown meglomaniacal as the Hamster yet.

Maybe cait just has too much of a life to devote to shepherding a BBS. Maybe she just wanted to have a place to be "nice" at after all of the crap trying to admin this place. (shrug) I thought "nice" was Terran...but that BBS has fallen off of the radar for most and they are very happy with their very insular community. I think cait probably wanted something like that to happen to SC (judging from the above note).

Why ANYONE would want "their" board is beyond me, but I'll happily take advantage of other's work

(re: I have yet to really piss Cranky or cait off (and I keep MM in thrall)...but I have ideas...oh yes....I have ideas....muahahahahahahah).

I think it's in the nature of "Tech admins" to loose it after awhile. Something in the way their brains are wired...too much time in the CRT ray radiation or whatever.

-SB

Mentalist

Administrator
Staff member
Insane admin + Rommie and BG sucking dick for 5 dolla + a word filter too strict for pre-schoolers + dancing pink elephants =

nuclearexplosionfe6.jpg

Kerb Crawler

Closed Fist of the Badlands
Bikini Atoll would be a great name for a stripper...

Tyrant

QOTW, if more people recognized it.

I prefer my strippers in "No Bikini Atoll".....

jack

Bikini Atoll makes my "Little Boy" a "Fat Man".