Carolina Panthers

blackfoot NAP

King Of Bling

Charlemagne

Holy Roman Emperor
mariner10.jpg

This is Mariner 10. It was the first probe to explore the planet Mercury - which it did WAY back in 1974.

Now you may ask, "Now Charlemagne, what in God's name does THIS have to do with sports?" The answer? Not a Goddamn thing. It's just that this little tidbit of information is still infinitely more useful and worth sharing than whatever the fuck Blackfoot tries doing in this forum.

blackfoot NAP

King Of Bling
VNWMhb.jpg

blackfoot NAP

King Of Bling
Greg Olsen planning a return to elite level, not retirement.
http://www.espn.com/blog/carolina-panthers/post/_/id/31791/

TE Olsen has two more years left on his contract.

Panthers tight end Greg Olsen, who has two years left on his contract, has no plan to walk away from football after missing half of his last 32 regular-season games with a foot injury. If anything, he's more committed to getting back to his Pro Bowl level of play. “My plan right now, I'm in every day doing my foot rehab, trying to get this thing finally back to where I was used to,'' Olsen said on Tuesday at Bank of America Stadium. “It seems like it's been a long time since it was. Yeah, that's what I'm preparing for and that all starts with getting my foot right.''

blackfoot NAP

King Of Bling

blackfoot NAP

King Of Bling
The Panthers could use a reliable backup QB, but the risk of adding Colin Kaepernick worth the potential reward?

Carolina must weigh the pros, cons if considering Colin Kaepernick.
http://www.espn.com/blog/carolina-panthers/post/_/id/31837/

Kaepernick, who is 31 hasn't played a down since the 2016 season.

blackfoot NAP

King Of Bling
The NFL awarded compensatory draft picks today and the Panthers got a third-round pick (No. 100 overall), as expected, after losing All Pro left guard Andrew Norwell to Jacksonville last season. Pretty good for a player who was undrafted originally.

Meredith Starkey has been named chief marketing officer of the Panthers. Starkey spent nearly 10 years at T-Mobile, where she was Vice President of Marketing – Sponsorships and Events. She is a native of Williamston, N.C., and grew up in Lexington, S.C., Starkey earned a Bachelor of Science in Marketing from Clemson.

The Panthers made it official that Jake Peetz has been hired to replace retired running backs coach Jim Skipper. Peetz comes to Carolina with nine years of NFL experience, having spent time with the Jacksonville Jaguars (2008-12), Washington Redskins (2014) and Oakland Raiders (2015-17). An assistant coach last year at Alabama, he has a vast knowledge of the RPO that offensive coordinator Norv Turner has implemented.

blackfoot NAP

King Of Bling
In a continued effort to bring more events to Bank of America Stadium, the Panthers announced they will host the Untapped Beer Festival on May 4. More than 100 breweries will have samples from two to four of their beers at booths around the stadium. New owner David Tepper said from the outset he wanted to expand the use of the stadium beyond football, using it for concerts, soccer and maybe even one day to host a Final Four, which admittedly would require a roof.

blackfoot NAP

King Of Bling

blackfoot NAP

King Of Bling

blackfoot NAP

King Of Bling
Carolina Panthers: Steve Smith
Smith completed his 13-year stint with the Panthers as the all-time leader in receptions, receiving yards, receiving touchdowns, punt return yards and punt return touchdowns.

blackfoot NAP

King Of Bling
Two homegrown products could be Panthers' backup QB targets
The emphasis on finding a backup quarterback outside off Kyle Allen (under contract) and Taylor Heinicke (a restricted free agent) will be in the draft. The Panthers haven’t drafted a quarterback since selecting Newton with the top pick in 2011.

The Panthers won’t be in the market for the top three quarterbacks -- Oklahoma’s Kyler Murray, Ohio State’s Dwayne Haskins and Missouri’s Drew Lock -- because that would mean using a first-round pick. There are too many needs, particularly for an edge rusher, to look at a backup quarterback at No. 16.