Carolina Panthers

blackfoot NAP

King Of Bling
qlk2dxnxnllxhwxwdz75

Keep Pounding.
ESPN

images

The official website of the Carolina Panthers.

C-40

NEW AGE POSTING

Panthers LB Shaq Thompson has been active in Charlotte protests for the “Black Lives Matter'' cause and social injustice in general. Asked what he'd like to see the NFL do to keep the cause alive, Thompson said, “I just want to see the cops be arrested for who killed Brianna Taylor and the investigation for Stephon Clark get reopened.''

Panthers DT KK Short likes what he's seen out of new defensive coordinator Phil Snow, who never has been a coordinator at the NFL level. "He's like one of those guys who doesn't back down from anything.'' Short said.

KK Short says he considered opting out like a lot of players around the league have, but he opted to play after talking with his family. He likes everything the Panthers have done around Bank of America Stadium to make everyone feel safe. “The precautions they have around here, it's overwhelming but it's the right thing to do.''

Panthers LT Greg Little and OL Branden Bowen passed their physicals on Saturday and are off the active/ PUP list and active/NFI list. Because no Carolina players tested positive to COVID-19 in the three tests required they were eligible to enter Bank of America Stadium today and take physicals.

The Panthers waived five players on Saturday to get their roster to 80 players so they do not have to use split squads for practice. Those waived were WR Damion Jeanpiere, OG Gyler Marz, C Frederick Mauigoa, RB Rodney Smith and rookie LB Jason Ferris (injury designation).

blackfoot NAP

King Of Bling

C-40

NEW AGE POSTING
Panthers on track to have NFL's youngest defense in past 10 years

The last time Carolina Panthers first-round pick Derrick Brown joined a defense with as many new pieces as he’s around now, the tackle was entering his freshman season at Auburn in 2016.
Brown will be a part of what likely will be the NFL’s youngest defense in the past 10 years.
Youngest by far. The average age of the projected defensive starters will be 23.45 if second-round pick Jeremy Chinn beats out Justin Burris at strong safety and there are no other surprises. That’s three years younger than last season's average (26.63) and four years younger than the NFL average (27) since 2010.

Click Here For Full Story

blackfoot NAP

King Of Bling

C-40

NEW AGE POSTING

Panthers second-round pick Jeremy Chinn was known for his versatility in college at Southern Illinois, but says he's doing “a whole lot more'' in Phil Snow's defense. He's playing safety, nickel, dime corner, inside the box and outside. Says he sees retired middle linebacker Luke Kuechly every day and "picks his brain.''

Panthers WR Robby Anderson describes a Matt Rhule practice as fast: “Fast, no wasted time. Not too much standing around. No lollygagging. There's always work to be done. Doing something to get better. It's not a hangout spot.''

Robby Anderson, who played for Panthers coach Matt Rhule at Temple, says the first-year NFL coach doesn't treat players differently now than he did in college: “He treated us like we were professionals when we were in college.''

Panthers wide receiver Robby Anderson on Joe Brady's offense: “Creative and smart. It's going to put everybody in their best element. Everybody is going to get a chance to do what they can do on a consistent basis.''

blackfoot NAP

King Of Bling
Carolina Panthers Schedule: 2020
Predicted record: 6-10
Last season: 5-11

Sept. 13: vs. Las Vegas Raiders (7-9)
Sept. 20: at Tampa Bay Buccaneers (7-9)
Sept. 27: at Los Angeles Chargers (5-11)
Oct. 4: vs. Arizona Cardinals (5-10-1)
Oct. 11: at Atlanta Falcons (7-9)
Oct. 18: vs. Chicago Bears (8-8)
Oct. 25: at New Orleans Saints (13-3)z
Oct. 29: vs. Atlanta Falcons (7-9)
Nov. 8: at Kansas City Chiefs (12-4)
Nov. 15: vs. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (7-9)
Nov. 22: vs. Detroit Lions (3-12-1)
Nov. 29: at Minnesota Vikings (10-6)
Y
Dec. 6: Bye
Dec. 13: vs. Denver Broncos (7-9)
Dec. 20: at Green Bay Packers (13-3)
Dec. 27: at Washington Redskins (3-13)
Jan. 3: vs. New Orleans Saints (13-3)
Z

Z --:Clinched Division
Y --:Clinched Wild Card
** --:Clinched Division and Home Field
* --:Clinched Division and Bye

C-40

NEW AGE POSTING

Matt Rhule has given players Wednesday and Sunday off this week. He says analytics show most injuries happen in the first week or two of training camp, so he doesn't want to overdo it. However, he reminded on Saturday, the last day off, he saw “60 or 70 guys walking around'' the stadium doing something on their own. “There really are no days off,'' Rhule said. “Everything you do prepares you for the next practice.''

Panthers coach Matt Rhule says he's been easing cornerback Eli Apple into practice because the former No. 1 pick dealt with a foot injury during the offseason. Apple worked a lot more during Tuesday's practice. “Eli has a chance to be a really good player,'' Rhule said. “He has tremendous skills.''

The Panthers got in 89 snaps today as they went to a lot more 11-11 drills. Coach Matt Rhule said with no preseason games, no offseason workouts he wanted to see how players reacted to red zone drills, being backed up to the goal line, sudden change. “Sometimes you have to play with situations and learn from them,'' Rhule said. “We put the ball on the ground three times, which was great for our defense. Offense, not good enough.''

Ian Thomas is first up to replace Pro Bowler Greg Olsen (Seahawks) at tight end. Exactly how he and the TE will be used in a Joe Brady offense that will use three and four wide receivers, Thomas said: “We're still trying to figure out our style of play and how we're going to use the tight end, if we're going to use the tight end.''

blackfoot NAP

King Of Bling

C-40

NEW AGE POSTING

Teddy Bridgewater spent a long time after Wednesday night's practice at BOA working with tight end Chris Manhertz, helping him become a better receiver and not just known as a great blocker. “I just want to continue to add a little more to his game, get him out of his mindset I'm just coming in there to block, to rely on him in red zone and things like that.''

Panthers QB Teddy Bridgewater on finding the balance between football and what's happening around the country in terms of social injustice: “What happens is often times when we start working at our craft we form this bubble. Inside this bubble we focus and commit to our duty and job. Right now, my commitment is to football. I find my times getting lost from reality. I find myself missing out on some of the things going on in the world.''

Panthers backup defensive lineman Zach Kerr is excited to have a chance to “create something new'' with new coach Matt Rhule. “Coming in undrafted I've always embraced change. I [saw] Matt Rhule's presser when he got the job. I told a bunch of friends I'd like to play for the dude.''

The biggest takeaway from Panthers' practice is Kaare Vedvik, originally brought in to provide competition for punter Joseph Charlton, kicked field goals today. Whether that means anything for kicker Joey Slye, who has been somewhat inconsistent in camp, remains to be seen. Will be interesting to hear Matt Rhule's take later on a zoom call.

C-40

NEW AGE POSTING

Panthers first-round pick Derrick Brown went down during a 1-on-1 pass rush drill today, but it was nothing major. “Nagging ankle,'' coach Matt Rhule said of the defensive tackle. Also, OLB Shaq Thompson is dealing with what Rhule called an abductor issue that is limiting his practice time.

The Panthers have delayed what Coach Matt Rhule called a ‘'Big scrimmage.'' Team officials asked media not to come to the stadium until further notice. While it is raining officials would not acknowledge this was weather related.

Panthers defensive lineman Zach Kerr spoke passionately on Friday about how it was time for action regarding social injustice. He said everyone on the team, including team owner David Tepper, has been involved in discussions. He said it was time for action, that it was more than a athletics issue, it was a "human issue.'' "If we all decide we're not going to practice, OK, what are you going to do now?" Kerr said on a zoom call. "That's kind of where I'm at with it."

blackfoot NAP

King Of Bling

blackfoot NAP

King Of Bling
Carolina Panthers Schedule: 2020

Preseason
Week-1: Thu, Aug 13:
Carolina at Jacksonville *
Week-2: Thu, Aug 20:
Carolina at New England *
Week-3: Sun, Aug 30
Carolina at Baltimore *
Week- 4: Thu, Sep 3:
Pittsburgh at Carolina *
CANCELED

Regular Season
Week-1: Sun, Sep 13
Las Vegas at Carolina

C-40

NEW AGE POSTING

Panthers practice squad: DT Myles Adams, DT Woodrow Hamilton, DT Bruce Hector, G Mike Horton, DE Austin Larkin, WR Marken Michel, LB Chris Orr, TE Giovanni Ricci, C Sam Tecklenburg, P Kaare Vedvic. Practice Squad Exception: RB Reggie Bonnafon, Reggie, DB Natrell Jamerson.

Marken Michel, LB Chris Orr, TE Giovanni Ricci, C Sam Tecklenburg, P Kaare Vedvic. Practice Squad Exception: RB Reggie Bonnafon, Reggie, DB Natrell Jamerson.

The Panthers claimed three players: defensive back Rasul Douglas, defensive end Shareef Miller and offensive tackle Trent Scott off waivers. They waived safety Kenny Robinson, defensive lineman Efe Obada and offensive tackle Matt Kaskey.

There never really was any doubt the Panthers would keep three quarterbacks -- starter Teddy Bridgewater and backups Will Grier, P.J. Walker. Based on what I saw recently Grier gets the nod, but not by much. As coach Matt Rhule recently said, this competition could be week to week during the season.

Panthers cuts: Waived TE Giovanni Ricci, TE Colin Thompson, S Quin Blanding, RB Reggie Bonnafon, DE Austin Larkin, WR Marken Michel, OL Aaron Monterio, WR Ishmael Hyman, OL Mike Horton, DL Myles Adams, WR Cam Phillips, CB Jameson Houston, WR Darrell Stewart, P-PK Kaare Vedvik, OT Branden Bowen, DT Woodrow Hamilton, DB Natrell Jamerson, DE Jalen Jelks, LB Jordan Kunaszyk, LB Chris Orr, C Sam Tecklenburg, LB James Onwualu, DT Bruce Hector. Releaed: DB T.J. Green, TE Temarrick Hemingway.

C-40

NEW AGE POSTING

Panthers practice squad: DT Myles Adams, DT Woodrow Hamilton, DT Bruce Hector, G Mike Horton, DE Austin Larkin, WR Marken Michel, LB Chris Orr, TE Giovanni Ricci, C Sam Tecklenburg, P Kaare Vedvic. Practice Squad Exception: RB Reggie Bonnafon, Reggie, DB Natrell Jamerson.

Marken Michel, LB Chris Orr, TE Giovanni Ricci, C Sam Tecklenburg, P Kaare Vedvic. Practice Squad Exception: RB Reggie Bonnafon, Reggie, DB Natrell Jamerson.

The Panthers claimed three players: defensive back Rasul Douglas, defensive end Shareef Miller and offensive tackle Trent Scott off waivers. They waived safety Kenny Robinson, defensive lineman Efe Obada and offensive tackle Matt Kaskey.

There never really was any doubt the Panthers would keep three quarterbacks -- starter Teddy Bridgewater and backups Will Grier, P.J. Walker. Based on what I saw recently Grier gets the nod, but not by much. As coach Matt Rhule recently said, this competition could be week to week during the season.

Panthers cuts: Waived: TE Giovanni Ricci, TE Colin Thompson, S Quin Blanding, RB Reggie Bonnafon, DE Austin Larkin, WR Marken Michel, OL Aaron Monterio, WR Ishmael Hyman, OL Mike Horton, DL Myles Adams, WR Cam Phillips, CB Jameson Houston, WR Darrell Stewart, P-PK Kaare Vedvik, OT Branden Bowen, DT Woodrow Hamilton, DB Natrell Jamerson, DE Jalen Jelks, LB Jordan Kunaszyk, LB Chris Orr, C Sam Tecklenburg, LB James Onwualu, DT Bruce Hector. Releaed: DB T.J. Green, TE Temarrick Hemingway.