Cat Sitting Drama

Mirah

I love you
That cat looks like it is about to rip that dog's face off.

I got home and Archie (cat) was meowing and rubbing against my leg. I sat down on the bed for a second to take my shoes off and he jumped up on the bed. I WAS SO SCARED!
I forgot I started a routine of giving the cat treats in the evening/afternoon when I get home. After I gave him treats he calmed down.

Mirah

I love you
And now he is sleeping at the foot of my bed on a little place I made for him to sleep. (Not on my bed) That little bitch! Gets a snack and goes right to sleep!

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
Cats know what they're doing.

CaptainWacky

CONFUSEDCAT38 doesn't, true.

CaptainWacky

Mirah

I love you
I was actually able to trim Archie's claws. Thank God, made scratching my hands much harder now.

There is no consistency with this cat. I think I have it figured out and then it hisses at me. I am supposed to go away this weekend but I don't want to leave it alone in my apartment. The owner-who is between places said she could come over and check on him. Unfortunately I am not comfortable with that either. I am going to have to tell her to find a place for him. : ( I hate that. But I hate not getting sleep more and being hissed at and not being able to just carry on my normal routine.
I will never say yes to something like this again.

Love Child

One Love
A loud sounding truck drove by
Archie ran to the window
looking to see what all of that noise was
I took the opportunity to use a vaseline swab in its ears
A surprise rape of the ear
with a cotton ball and vaseline
to try to get rid of the mites
the mites that might
but they don't go away at night

What was this thread about?

CaptainWacky

There's been a ginger cat hanging around my house for the last few days. Maybe it wants to kill me.

Love Child

One Love
Maybe it just wants some love, in which it is willing to kill for. ??

Archie is back to hating me. I had another pre-planned pet sitting job, so I am not at my house in the evenings. When I return in the morning to feed him he attacks me.
Now he attacks me every time I enter the house and every time I leave the house.

CaptainWacky

He wants you to stay inside forever.

Love Child

One Love
Apparently!
I really should not take on more than one house sitting job at a time. My previous cats-or cats that I have raised could handle being alone. Not this one. Poor kitty.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
I feel bad for kitty, because it makes me remember cats I've had where I had to leave them alone a lot because of work, or who I had to keep confined to parts of a house/apartment because they didn't get along with my roommate's cat. And being a former Catholic, I am an expert at piling old useless guilt on myself! :jesus:

The Question

Eternal
Seems like he is coming around to you, then. It still strikes me that his previous behavior signals some kind of abuse. But if he is now coming around to you, it might mean that you are his new human.

CaptainWacky

My cat died a month ago so he's going to have a long wait. :(