Cat Sitting Drama

Mirah

I love you
Somehow I ended up watching a cat who is only hiding under my bed for 2 days. I know it came out at least once. I gave it some food and water and a toy and a blanket. I am sitting in the other room and I thought I heard movement so I was being so still just now so I wouldn't scare it.
I tried to coax it out the other day, but not anymore. I'll just leave it alone. I don't care anymore.
This one won't be a cuddler.

The Question

Eternal
Well, it comes out to shit, right?

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
Somehow I ended up watching a cat who is only hiding under my bed for 2 days. I know it came out at least once. I gave it some food and water and a toy and a blanket. I am sitting in the other room and I thought I heard movement so I was being so still just now so I wouldn't scare it.
I tried to coax it out the other day, but not anymore. I'll just leave it alone. I don't care anymore.
This one won't be a cuddler.

Sometimes they become used to people with age (but you probably won't be sitting on it for five years.)

Mirah

I love you
Well, it comes out to shit, right?

Yes, thankfully.
The owners came over today and the cat checked my place out finally and let me pet it. When they left it hid under the couch at first, then sat on my bed finally. But then I walked by it and it got scared when I turned the corner to go into the restroom.
So freaky.

The Question

Eternal
Is the poor thing being abused or something? I would have put it down to "new strange place" typical cat behavior if not for that "it ran and hid because it saw a human" twist there.

Mirah

I love you
I know, its behavior is not like any I had seen in a cat. Or at least more extreme.

CaptainWacky

Yes, thankfully.
The owners came over today and the cat checked my place out finally and let me pet it. When they left it hid under the couch at first, then sat on my bed finally. But then I walked by it and it got scared when I turned the corner to go into the restroom.
So freaky.

All cats deserve love. Maybe it has cat autism.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Lots of cats freak out in a new environment. When I moved once with my cat, she hid under a bookcase for a few days before starting to check out the new surroundings.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
^ Always a possibility.

Mirah

I love you
ALL cats are ASSHOLES. :D

We are making progress. I got to pet him. (There is no way I can write that sentence for it not to sound wierd)

I came home and ignored him and couldn't tell if he had been out and about at all. And then finally he came out and did the usual-look at me, run away, etc etc, but then he came back and we played! And then he hid a little, but then came out pretty quickly. He also tried to eat a plant and get on top of my xbox. Serioiusly these sentences tho!

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
ICanHasCheezburger is mostly garbage these days, compared to its glory days, but there are still some amusing memes relevant to this thread. The one that leaps to mind has a cat looking endearing and needy with the caption "PET ME," followed by the same cat, looking aloof and bitchy and the caption "WITH YOUR EYES".

CaptainWacky

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
THE GRUMP IS A LIE!

Mirah

I love you
There are different level of asshole.

I forgot to add: All cats are assholes or queens.
But actually-cat's that I have raised in the past have always been really sweet. I have never had these types of cats before.
I hope the owners come back soon!

CaptainWacky

CaptainWacky