Colin Kaepernick: The Muhammad Ali Award.

blackfoot NAP

King Of Bling

blackfoot NAP

King Of Bling
Seahawks Pete Carroll: We all owe a lot to Colin Kaepernick
Pete Carroll, Steve Kerr, Gregg Popovich praise Kaepernick for taking stand against police brutality

Kaepernick's decision was just one portion of an hourlong podcast in which the trio of accomplished white coaches said they all feel a responsibility to do more, both in terms of how they communicate different messages and how they carry out those messages to their teams and the people around them.

C-40

NEW AGE POSTING
Why it matters that Roger Goodell didn't say Colin Kaepernick's name

The killing of George Floyd by four Minneapolis police officers has created a surprising flashpoint, an acknowledgement by previously disbelieving white people of the violence historically inflicted upon African Americans and a sudden, jarring suggestion that America is ready to deal directly with the terrible truths that violence has entailed: Police treat black citizens harshly with devastating consequences. Prosecutors are reluctant to charge police. Juries are even more reluctant to convict them. In the rare case of a conviction, judges are unwilling to punish them with firm prison sentences -- if any jail time at all. Corporations across the country, including now the NFL, have pledged solidarity with their black citizens, seeking to reflect harmony by using the term "Black Lives Matter." Since the inception of the term, law enforcement agencies have co-opted it with their own "Blue Lives Matter" while attempting to link the original with domestic terrorism -- a characterization that those same corporations using the term now did little to refute then.

Click Here For Full Story

C-40

NEW AGE POSTING
i

C-40

NEW AGE POSTING
Malcolm Jenkins: NFL won't get it right until it specifically addresses Colin Kaepernick

New Orleans Saints safety Malcolm Jenkins said the efforts by commissioner Roger Goodell and the NFL to support players fighting for social justice have fallen short because they have yet to properly address their handling of Colin Kaepernick. "I still don't think [the NFL has] gotten it right. Until they apologize, specifically, to Colin Kaepernick, or assign him to a team, I don't think that they will end up on the right side of history," Jenkins, who is the co-founder of the Players Coalition, said Tuesday in an appearance on "CBS This Morning." "At the end of the day, they've listened to their players, they've donated money, they've created an Inspire Change platform; they've tried to do things up to this point. But it's been one player in particular that they have ignored and not acknowledged, and that's Colin Kaepernick." Kaepernick was the first NFL player to kneel during the national anthem in 2016 to bring attention to social injustices following the shooting deaths of Philando Castile and Alton Sterling by police officers on consecutive days that July.

Click Here For Complete Story

steve samurai jack

Netflix to produce 6-part series on Colin Kaepernick

"Too often we see race and Black stories portrayed through a white lens," Kaepernick said in a release. "We seek to give new perspective to the differing realities that Black people face. We explore the racial conflicts I faced as an adopted Black man in a white community, during my high school years. It's an honor to bring these stories to life in collaboration with Ava for the world to see."

blackfoot NAP

King Of Bling
Colin Kaepernick, Disney announce partnership deal
Despite being exiled from the NFL since the 2016 season, when he took a knee during the national anthem to protest police brutality and racial inequality, Kaepernick still wants to play. His deal with The Walt Disney Co. will extend across all Disney platforms, including Walt Disney Television, ESPN, Hulu, Pixar and The Undefeated.