COMMUNITY Season 6 OKAY

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
Do they still do the "Old White Man Says" twitter...

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
I've never watched Dr. Ken (mostly because it comes on after Tim Allen, who gives me hives), so I didn't know so many ex-Greendalers have appeared already...

Alison Brie Joins ‘Community’ Reunion On ‘Dr. Ken’ Season Finale

The Community reunion on the season finale of ABC’s Dr. Ken is growing.

by Denise Petski March 6, 2017 11:00am
Alison Brie is the latest Community alum set to guest star on the season finale, joining Dr. Ken star and former Community regular Ken Jeong and Community creator Dan Harmon.

In Dr. Ken’s Season 2 finale titled “Ken’s Big Audition,” Brie will guest star as herself, an actress just cast as a series regular on Harmon’s new sitcom. Alison reads with Ken (Jeong) during his audition, and is soon uncomfortable with Ken’s bold acting choices. As previously announced, Harmon plays himself, the creator of a new TV comedy set at a community college.

Brie joins a long list of Jeong’s Community co-stars that have appeared on Dr. Ken including Joel McHale, Danny Pudi, Jim Rash, Gillian Jacobs & Yvette Nicole Brown. Jonathan Banks’ is also appearing in this week’s episode airing on Friday.

The Dr. Ken season finale is slated to air Friday, March 31.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
All those in favor say AYE.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Dan Harmon Is Finally Ready to Admit Community’s Slow Death Began When Donald Glover Left

By E. Alex Jung

Two years, six seasons, and no movie later, Dan Harmon is finally ready to admit the truth: The final nail in the Community coffin occurred when its star pupil Donald Glover left the show in the middle of season five. “I needed to convince myself that Donald leaving wasn’t the death of the show,” Harmon says in a THR profile of Glover. “But now that it’s all over, I think we can agree that it was.” Arguably, Community’s slow death began well before that. The beloved, high-concept high-hijinks NBC show had a rocky relationship with the network: NBC replaced Harmon as the showrunner in the fourth season with many of the writers, producers, and star Chevy Chase leaving as well by the end of the season.

By the time Harmon returned for the fifth season, Glover was ready to go, but Harmon convinced Glover to stay as a guest actor so that they could give his character Troy a proper send-off in “Geothermal Escapism.” Abed really wasn’t the same after that.

CaptainWacky

I was trying to remember the best episodes from season six the other day and I thought of episodes like the Meowmeow Beanz one, the Hot Lava one, the Ass Crack Bandit one, the Lie Detector one...then I realised they were all in season five and I couldn't remember anything about season six.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Troy and Abed in the morning. They were the heart of the show.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
PLUS DEVIOUS POTS AND PANS!

CaptainWacky

Had a dream last night where I was friends with the Community characters and Chang had hidden Cornettos in the fridge from his mum (that's what he said) and we all had Cornettos, but then I noticed that Jeff and Britta were ignoring me. So I asked Hailee Steinfeld (she was there too) if we were really friends and she told me that none of them even knew who I was or liked me. I was sad but then I noticed Abed was wearing an Aayla Secura t-shirt so I started talking to him about Star Wars. Then deceased WWF superstar The Big Bossman came in and he looked like he'd lost a lot of weight, so Jeff said "you better not eat any Cornetto!" and everyone laughed. And it all took place in a classroom from my high school.

CaptainWacky

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Community premiered TEN years ago tonight, September 17, 2009.

CaptainWacky

So nearly the ten year anniversary of Dual posting a thread of pics of Alison Brie and me deciding "okay, I'll watch it!"

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
In case you currently don't have access to the show, some good news...

‘Community’: Netflix & Hulu To Share Streaming Rights To Sony Pictures TV Comedy Series

By Nellie Andreeva
March 16, 2020 9:35pm

In the midst of a very dramatic Friday March 13, when Hollywood was coming to grips with the severity of the coronavirus epidemic and news of production shutdowns was coming every few minutes, Netflix made a low-key announcement via a tweet that Community would be launching on the service April 1.

In a non-exclusive deal with Community producer/distributor Sony Pictures TV, Netflix is taking global SVOD rights to Dan Harmon’s 2009 ensemble comedy, sharing domestic rights with Community‘s current streaming home, Hulu.

Sony Pictures TV took out all six seasons of Community, which initially ran on NBC, before moving to Yahoo! Screen for its final season, in October.

Exclusive global rights to the single-camera comedy were available starting May 2021 when the current pact with Hulu was up. Instead of striking such an exclusive global deal — something Sony Pictures TV did for Seinfeld, also currently on Hulu — the studio sold the series to both Netflix and Hulu non-exclusively, an arrangement I hear both streamers were fine with for the price. The pact is said to be in the high eight-figure range total, with Netflix paying significantly more because they get global rights. I hear the deals is for 3-4 years, longer for Netflix as Hulu has another year on its current agreement.

In addition to airing on Hulu in the U.S., the show, which is based on Harmon’s own experience at community college, currently runs via Amazon in Canada, Australia and the UK and Netflix in Ireland and New Zealand as well as on a number of SVOD services such as C4-backed All4 and Australia’s Stan.

Hulu recently made a similar arrangement for another hit series by harmon, Rick & Morty. Hulu is the current streaming home for the hit Adult Swim animated comedy, whose library was sold to HBO Max in October but will also continue to be available on Hulu.

Community stars Joel McHale and Chevy Chase as well as an ensemble of breakout talent, including Donald Glover, Gillian Jacobs, Alison Brie, Ken Jeong, Yvette Nicole Brown, Danny Pudi and Jim Rash.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
This is happening on Monday May 18th (or 18 May OKAY) at 2PM PT / 5PM ET / 10PM BST / Midnight EEST.

‘Community’ Cast — Including Donald Glover — to Reunite for Virtual Table Read (EXCLUSIVE) - Variety
The table read will be shown in its entirety, along with a Q&A of fan questions, on Monday, May 18, at 2 p.m. PT via Sony Pictures TV’s “Community” YouTube page.
MENTALIST POSTED THIS FIRST ON FACEBOOK AND I STOLE IT THAT'S RIGHT I STOLE IT AND PUT IT HERE AND I'D DO IT AGAIN.

CaptainWacky

It was good of Alison Brie to take part, yes!

Mentalist

Administrator
Staff member
They have done a bunch of stuff together in recent years (Ken Jeong and Joel McHale have a podcast now) but Donald Glover coming back is awesome.

CaptainWacky

ALISON ON THE FLOOR BECAUSE SHE'S IN CHARACTER AS ANNIE.