Confirmed to be the final season

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
I'm over it, unless they somehow manage to go back to how it was in the first few years.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
‘Big Brother’ Is Returning To Channel 4 — Sort Of

By Jake Kanter
May 13, 2020 1:51am

Channel 4 is to relive some of Big Brother‘s greatest ever episodes in a 10-part celebration of the reality show’s 20th anniversary in the UK. The broadcaster’s youth network E4 has commissioned Endemol Shine Group company Initial to make Big Brother: Best Shows Ever Show, in which original host Davina McCall and Rylan Clark-Neal will reflect on their favorite moments from the entertainment juggernaut.

Channel 4 premiered the British version of Big Brother in 2000, creating a cultural phenomenon, launching the careers of a new breed of celebrity and providing a training ground for some top UK television executives. The show was axed by Channel 4 in 2010 and a year later it moved to ViacomCBS-owned Channel 5, where it ran until 2018, with Clark-Neal being part of the presenting line-up.

McCall said: “I lived and breathed Big Brother for 11 years of my life. I didn’t miss one single episode. Not one week goes by when I don’t quote big brother in some form. It made me laugh, it made me cry and most importantly it taught me to never judge a book by its cover. I love the show with all of my heart and can’t wait to share it with a whole new audience.”

E4 controller Karl Warner added: “Celebrating its 20th anniversary, the greatest episodes of Big Brother and Celebrity Big Brother will be playing on E4. For some it might be the first time they’ve seen the shows, for others a chance to relive some properly iconic TV.”

Speaking to Deadline last year, Channel 4’s director of programs Ian Katz said he would be open-minded about bringing back Big Brother, adding that old formats can be “rebooted in really interesting, creative ways.” The comments sparked excitement among the show’s fanbase, but were quickly walked back by a Channel 4 representative, who said: “There are no plans for Big Brother to return to Channel 4.”

CaptainWacky

I could watch that, I guesss. MAYBE a sign that they're planning to bring it back properly next year. Or could just be they have holes in their schedule due to corona.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Oh it's definitely holes in their schedule. If they still own the rights to air the shows, it costs them nothing other than what they pay Davina and Rylan to come in and reminisce.

But that doeesn't mean there isn't a small hope anyway.

CaptainWacky

I can't remember who wont he series between Brian Bello and Josie Gibson. My BIG BROTHER kNOwLEDGE IS FADING.

CaptainWacky

Wait, Rachel Rice was after Brian. Sophie Reade was the one I couldn't remember. Which is reasonable as she did nothing.

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
LOL you guys approved a fucking spambot?

Well done!

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Don't know how that slipped through -- I delete a couple spam accounts a day.

CaptainWacky

Weird that it picked this thread out of all of them to post in.

Why did the final series of BB run from September to November instead of summer?