COVID-19 check in thread

Mirah

I love you
I just saw an article saying that Vermont ordered its large box stores like Target and Walmart to stop selling non-essential items. Glad I was able to pick up some shoes the other day. They are trying to limit the # of people just shopping around for non-essential items listed here:

The items that cannot be sold in person include, but are not limited to, arts and crafts, beauty supplies, carpet and flooring, clothing, consumer electronics, entertainment, furniture, home and garden, jewelry, paint, photo services, sports equipment and toys.

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
Because for some reason in the middle of all this, people use the "essential" designation to browse in these stores of all things. Like zombies still needing to just shop and roam about the store. They only want TP or gloves or masks and being unable to find those for the most part want to get a lawn chair or that six pack of whatever they're drinking at the moment. Lawn chairs for the apocalypse.

I see those places like giant petri dishes these days. I go to Shaw's once a week at 7 am when they open. Get what I need and GTFO.

Finally TP has arrived in the North Country.

jack

Ive stopped wearing pants.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
Thanks to corona, Little and Large are just Little now :(

He looks exactly like I would imagine a New York politician to look. Is there a form of Nominative Determinism but instead of name it is on your looks?

I've often wondered this. There's a phrase "you end up with the face you deserve" (isn't there? Did I make it up) and it's really weird how you can look at, say, Nigel Farage's face and tell exactly what kind of a person he is.

Then again sometimes really good looking people turn out to be evil so I don't know.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
I just saw an article saying that Vermont ordered its large box stores like Target and Walmart to stop selling non-essential items. Glad I was able to pick up some shoes the other day. They are trying to limit the # of people just shopping around for non-essential items listed here:

The items that cannot be sold in person include, but are not limited to, arts and crafts, beauty supplies, carpet and flooring, clothing, consumer electronics, entertainment, furniture, home and garden, jewelry, paint, photo services, sports equipment and toys.

I can see the practical side of this, but people do need their distractions and home comforts if they’re expected to comply with stay at home. Before the lockdown here I bought a bunch of extra canvases and art supplies so I’d have something to do. Non essential, but stops me going nuts.

jack

They're now saying it's possible to spread it just by breathing near someone.

The Question

Eternal
Found out the local branch of the bank is shut until this is all over and the dedicated phone number for lost credit cards are not answering the phone, which isn't great.

Same here, weirdly enough. Wells Fargo branch lobby is closed except by appointment, so Property Manager dude says bring in cash -- but with the lobby shut, what are the odds the ATM even has $600 in it to spit out? Wish the damn property owners would let me just wire the $ from my account to theirs, considering we both bank with Wells Fargo. But, y'know, that'd be... convenient. And sane, and shit.

Loktar

Pinata Whacker
Same here, weirdly enough. Wells Fargo branch lobby is closed except by appointment, so Property Manager dude says bring in cash -- but with the lobby shut, what are the odds the ATM even has $600 in it to spit out? Wish the damn property owners would let me just wire the $ from my account to theirs, considering we both bank with Wells Fargo. But, y'know, that'd be... convenient. And sane, and shit.
Yeah our property manager set up an online resident portal so you can pay your rent online. Only bad thing is they charge a $20 processing fee.

The Question

Eternal
Yeah our property manager set up an online resident portal so you can pay your rent online. Only bad thing is they charge a $20 processing fee.

But of course. And if they didn't think you'd riot, they'd probably lay a "Fee Privilege Surcharge" on ya, too. At any rate, I've just spent about an hour loafing around with $600 in cash on me. Comfortable!
:scared:
Addendum: Still no shitter tissue at Safeway. In a town which is the county seat of a county that's had two confirmed cases of Sinovirus (because calling it "the Chinese virus" would be "raayyyythitht!") and both were members of the Navajo Nation here local to us. For two cases, the stores are emptied of shitter tissue. For a respiratory virus.