COVID-19 check in thread

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
OK so now shit is starting to get real. Anyone else spooked by Kushner's comments last night?

The Question

Eternal
I don't get spooked, especially not like political hangers-on like (dank!) Kush.

On a side note, this morning waiting for the Safeway to open (in hopes that they had finally re-stocked the TP, which they appeared not to have done) had a good conversation with the member of the local Navajo Nation. Shot the shit for a bit until the Safeway opened at 0700. He was as baffled as I am at the dipshit people (primarily dipshit white people) buying up all the shitter tissue.

If I was meant to stick around, this fella and I mighta got tight socially. I might'a learned some Navajo lingo. Oh well. Missed opportunity.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
They're now saying it's possible to spread it just by breathing near someone.

Sounds like they’re gearing up to declare masks do serve a purpose for the general public, now that they’ve secured enough for emergency services.

The Question

Eternal
MmmmmmmmmBEEFY BEEF BAH-BAH-BAHBEEEEEEEEEEF BEEFY BEEFY BEEF!

Anyway, grillin' up angus beefy BEEF burgers. So yeah, there's that.

jack

What did he say?

Hw said that the strategic stockpile wasn't for the 'states" it was for "us". No one knows wtf he meant and they changed the wording to reflect this bs on the website.

Loktar

Pinata Whacker
MmmmmmmmmBEEFY BEEF BAH-BAH-BAHBEEEEEEEEEEF BEEFY BEEFY BEEF!

Anyway, grillin' up angus beefy BEEF burgers. So yeah, there's that.
Mmmm....I made some pork chops,rice, asparagus that turned out ok, next time I cook I'm making some sausage, pepper and onions.

Mirah

I love you
I suggest to those that are experiencing TP shortages visit the local stores and inquire when the shipment comes in. I also suggest placing an order and when that order arrives place another order. Right now we are down to 1 package per person so I purchase whenever I can, there are still empty shelves but I ask when shipments come in and I go on that day, in the morning. (Or whatever time the shipment comes in)

jack

I haven't decided if I am going to wear a mask when I go out. Maybe I should if only to protect others and not myself.

Start doing it. We made 85%ers out of one of our HEPA vaccuum bags and an opened bungi cord (which has a couple dozen perfect elastic straps. There's an online video showing how to make the mask origami style

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
If you live in a big city or a "nice" suburban area, consider looking in the 99 cent stores for things like TP, hand wash / sanitizer, wipes etc.

Michael Musto posted on FB that people in Manhattan are going insane looking for this stuff because they are using their usual pricier, fancier stores and services. Musto goes to the same hole-in-the-wall 99 cent store he's always gone to, and they have everything in stock, no waiting. And cheaper.

Mirah

I love you
Good advice Eggs and Jack, thanks.

I made a mask last night out of a bandana and 2 hair ties. I followed a tutorial on youtube. But It isn't easy to breath out of. So now I am collecting all thing I have around my house that I could use for masks. I do have head scarves that I can use to cover my mouth and nose which I usually use in winter.
I saw the tutorial on making a mask from a vacuum bag-quite genius.

Mirah

I love you
So.....apparently the vacuum cleaner bags may not be a good idea according to THIS doctor

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
Looks like it got taken down. I wasn’t aware people were using vacuum cleaner bags. I would’ve thought a simple scarf would be a lot more comfortable and probably as effective. You can even easily wash them after use.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
The washable masks are for anyone to wear, the vacuum bag masks were supposed to be for people working in a hospital. It's pretty sad doctors and nurses are so desperate for equipment.

whisky

Boobie inspector
It's odd that the same Facebook friends who spent months posting vile things about the Labour Party during the election are the same people who are now saying we should put politics to one side and clap for Boris.