COVID-19 check in thread

Loktar

Pinata Whacker
I will be going back to work next week, two days a week. So much for my daily naps I was getting used to!!!
I thought I was going back to work on Monday. They told us today "No you're not. We will let you know the new return to work date as soon as we know."

Gagh

Χριστόφορος
12 weeks and still working in a spare room with no air con on a 12 inch Surface Pro here. My employer finally decided to send me a 20 inch monitor and required IT this week, so I can set that up at the weekend and start to limit the damage on my eyes.

I am however, grateful to have been working throughout.

Loktar

Pinata Whacker
I'm glad I'm a state worker(DMV Title Bureau) and getting paid to stay home. I'll be glad if we don't return until after June 8th since my new bed delivery was rescheduled from yesterday to June 8th.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
Better to be safe than sorry.

All our staff are returning from furlough next week and I can’t wait. It’s been so quiet without them. And I was getting quite jealous of their super long holiday.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
In the UK the furlough scheme covers 80% of workers salaries up to £2500 a month, with the option for employers to contribute the remainder, so all our people have been on only slightly reduced pay at a time when there are less things to spend money on. It’s worked out really well and I definitely would’ve taken up the opportunity if it had been offered.

Gagh

Χριστόφορος
In the UK the furlough scheme covers 80% of workers salaries up to £2500 a month, with the option for employers to contribute the remainder, so all our people have been on only slightly reduced pay at a time when there are less things to spend money on. It’s worked out really well and I definitely would’ve taken up the opportunity if it had been offered.

I've been helping install and operate both the JRS and Self Employed equivalent as part of my work. It's been utterly exhausting - we've done it from our bedrooms, spare rooms, kitchens and living rooms, working form home at short notice after the lockdown. Luckily for me I am IT savvy, but a lot of us aren't, and have had to learn an awful lot about remote working in a short amount of time, as well as organising and planning these schemes at break neck speed.

The Self Employment Income Support Scheme is by far the more complex of the two, despite being of far less value than the JRS. It's still left an awful lot of people out of the equation, principally those who put their pay through their own limited company and pay themselves by dividends. It's far from perfect - the principle issue will be the aftermath, because they are inevitably going to make us pay for it all via increased taxes and NHS contributions. Problem is for public sector workers like myself, we've had 10 years of pay freezes and/or below inflation pay rises anyway since the 2008/09 financial crash - so we can look forward to 15 more years of austerity....

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
We're hoping Congress will extend our benefits past the end of July. Otherwise we're likely to be in the shitter.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Mitch went on the record yesterday letting us all know to get ready for the shitter.

Mirah

I love you
Better to be safe than sorry.

All our staff are returning from furlough next week and I can’t wait. It’s been so quiet without them. And I was getting quite jealous of their super long holiday.

I too am slightly jealous of the time off some had. But then again also grateful to have been working. I've been actually working more hours-and next week I go back to 30 hours a week-without my 2nd fun job to supplement my income-but I think I will be okay. (at least for a little while)

Also-I am super sad about MN right now. I have several friends and family there and it isn't good.

Loktar

Pinata Whacker
I'm glad I'm a state worker(DMV Title Bureau) and getting paid to stay home. I'll be glad if we don't return until after June 8th since my new bed delivery was rescheduled from yesterday to June 8th.
Called it. Not returning to work until after June 14th unless otherwise directed.