COVID-19 check in thread

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
We need one of those.

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
Since I moved to southern Vermont last month I went from a county that had a zero new infection 2 week average to one with a 10 infection 2 week average. I have 20 acres all to myself though, so it's pretty safe (I think)

They had what we call a huge outbreak in Montpelier, when an infected middle schooler was playing indoor hockey, and he spread it to almost 30 people. same thing with a wedding in Cambridge. 400 people there (no masks) and they spread about 50 cases.

We're still under 2500 cases total in state, so I guess that's a plus...

jack

Several people I know have gotten it. Not personal acquaintences but people I knew from around town. A couple got mildly ill, but one became a long hauler and was in the ICU for a couple weeks. She tells everyone to not get it if they possibly can, it's like nothing you ever had before.

jack

This is my first example of someone I know coming down with the thing. Pretty scary shit. And it seems like we're in for a looooong winter.

Pfizer says they're getting 90% immunity in their phase 3 trials. I'm disappointed in Cuomo for what he said about that today. He may have been a good leader when NYC was on fire but he's really a fucking asshole.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
I'll believe in the vaccine when it's injected directly into my eyeball.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
I have a colleague who got it a few months back. Still can’t taste or smell anything. The main thing her and her fiancé used to argue about was him farting. They’ve been getting on a lot better now.

Gagh

Χριστόφορος
We are safe, but my God, what a trying 10 weeks it's been. Dad fell ill with septic arthritis out of nowhere, and was as close to death as it could get. Whilst he was being operated on for sepsis he went into cardiac arrest and surgeons saved his life. During the first lockdown I made the decision to move back in with my parents to run the house and help them, given they are now 74 and 76, and struggling with illnesses. In the interim I have been running the household and maintaining it on my income. Whilst I have kept them and myself safe from COVID, it ended up being something different to get my Dad after all the lockdown issues. Aside from this he has undiagnosed cognitive issues that have also worsened owing to a really bad effect of delirium and PTSD from his treatment. I am now endeavouring to have this diagnosed, whilst dealing with other issues that continue post-op.

I have effectively become a recluse, working from home and being here 24/7 for Dad, as we can't leave him alone at the moment. But I have gotten to the stage of my life where I'm just grateful to have them safe, and with all my sisters, just be safe as a family unit.

FBI parte due

Folces Weard
We are safe, but my God, what a trying 10 weeks it's been. Dad fell ill with septic arthritis out of nowhere, and was as close to death as it could get. Whilst he was being operated on for sepsis he went into cardiac arrest and surgeons saved his life. During the first lockdown I made the decision to move back in with my parents to run the house and help them, given they are now 74 and 76, and struggling with illnesses. In the interim I have been running the household and maintaining it on my income. Whilst I have kept them and myself safe from COVID, it ended up being something different to get my Dad after all the lockdown issues. Aside from this he has undiagnosed cognitive issues that have also worsened owing to a really bad effect of delirium and PTSD from his treatment. I am now endeavouring to have this diagnosed, whilst dealing with other issues that continue post-op.

I have effectively become a recluse, working from home and being here 24/7 for Dad, as we can't leave him alone at the moment. But I have gotten to the stage of my life where I'm just grateful to have them safe, and with all my sisters, just be safe as a family unit.
You're a good son. Seeing my dad hospitalized (pre-COVID) hit me on a deeper level than I knew was possible. Not something you can really prepare for beforehand, I guess.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
OMG FBI PARTE DUE!!!

We've missed you. Srsly.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
Hi, FBI prate due. Please consider creating a Twitter account and then making the mistake of telling me your Twitter name, so I can hassle you about the Mine Field Reunion every October and send a "it's six months to the Reunion!" message every April.

FBI parte due

Folces Weard
I am hoping to be in the second wave of getting the vaccine.
What state are you in?
Hi, FBI prate due. Please consider creating a Twitter account and then making the mistake of telling me your Twitter name, so I can hassle you about the Mine Field Reunion every October and send a "it's six months to the Reunion!" message every April.
Was doing Twitter for a while, will let you know if I do.