COVID-19 check in thread

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
I agree...New state reports here in VT are 8 positives with one critical. I just laid off my dog walkers (with pay) All schools close by Wednesday. Merkets are clear of everything, slim pickens.

Loktar

Pinata Whacker
So apparently DMV Title Bureau state workers are non essential during a snow emergency but essential during a pandemic. WTF?

I stayed home today anyway. Throat is feeling sore and scratchy. Better safe than sorry.

The Question

Eternal
So far, 13 confirmed cases in AZ, in Maricopa, Pima, and Graham counties. None in Navajo county so far.

jack

Our end date for all this is currently April 3rd. Not sure how long that will hold though.

Colonel Kira's Left Tit

Bearded Belly of Bajor
Yeah, the local university extended spring break for another week and supposedly they're going to be going online only after this week if they can get their shit together and transition things to Blackboard or whatever software they're using. I'm not sure how that's supposed to work with stuff like chemistry, physics and biology lab sections. I also think they're keeping on-campus housing open, which they sort of have to because we have a ton of international students. Interesting times.

jack

I did both biology and chemistry online and did quite well to finish my balchelor's degree requirements for my BS last year, so it works. There are virtual online labs by skype and it was kind of cool actually...

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
WrestleMania still not cancelled.

whisky

Boobie inspector
My family started self isolating today, it was supposed to be for 7 days, but looks like it's 14 now. Still have to work though, brought my laptop home.

Mirah

I love you
Lunch time for me
The bank has been slower but some people are withdrawing cash in fear of......????? No where to spend it anyway! We will stay open, our drive thru was closed last year but they may open it again if neccesary. I say Yes.
Restaurants are doing take out and have huge "We are open" signs outside of their doors.

I sanitize after every transaction now. It is getting old. My hands are dry.
I wish I could just stay home.

Loktar

Pinata Whacker
So apparently DMV Title Bureau state workers are non essential during a snow emergency but essential during a pandemic. WTF?

I stayed home today anyway. Throat is feeling sore and scratchy. Better safe than sorry.
Throat feeling better. No coronavirus, just too much weekend fun. Just got a text that I'm still deemed essential. I really hope they don't keep sending that same text alert every day for the next month or so.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Had a company videoconference today. We went virtual and have all been working from home for over a decade, so honestly, not much has changed for us. The workload is a little lighter, but clients are still having webex meetings instead of live ones so they still need presentations done. No messages of doom from the bosses -- they said if any of us run out of anything to let them know and we can help each other out with supplies etc. Also they will be totally understanding with people needing time away to deal with family or health or what have you. But mostly, our company and services are designed for this kind of situation, so the big change is no change.