COVID-19 check in thread

Loktar

Pinata Whacker
A bunch of selfish twats have ruined life for everyone. I can’t speak for the rest of the country, but the vast, vast majority of people in London have been unbelievably well behaved and have scrupulously followed instructions to keep their distance if they go out. And it’s very few people who do go out. Check out my Instagram to see how empty the city centre is. But some people just couldn’t get the message and had to go to the parks, the beaches and fucking skiing (!?!) en masse so now the whole country’s locked inside. Thanks a fucking bunch!
I'm not going to beaches or skiing, and I've pretty much been staying in my apartment except for shopping but I might go hang out this weekend with my friend Mike like I did last weekend and drink, smoke cigars, watch movies, play poker.

Dr Dave

pillzlol
We had a bunch of asshats go to the beaches here and now have a stay home order in effect. What went from a strong suggestion is now an executive order from the govoner.

I'm lucky I got my hair cut late last week as all the barber shops and salons are now closed.

Loktar

Pinata Whacker
We had a bunch of asshats go to the beaches here and now have a stay home order in effect. What went from a strong suggestion is now an executive order from the govoner.

I'm lucky I got my hair cut late last week as all the barber shops and salons are now closed.
Yeah I'm glad I got my hair cut last month and it doesn't grow that fast. I'm actually praying my balding goes faster.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Whisky, are you and Mrs Whisky feeling any better?

Chuckles51

The birds are still singing at my house, way to early in the morning too, shut up you damn birds. I do wish I had gotten a hair cut, I guess my girl friend will get her wish and I’ll have long hair for a while.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
We had rain that turned into snow yesterday, so the birds around here are all fuck this shit we're outta here.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
She's not, been coughing since 5am, and it's 1pm now.

Im run down, barely getting any sleep, worried that she might need to go to the hospital, but once she's there she won't be allowed visitors.

If she's breathing okay, maybe she is past the worst of it. Got my fingers crossed.

We can't visit my stepfather in the nursing home. They're letting people facebook messenger their family members with help, obviously. My mom got to say hello to my stepfather this morning, the psychiatrist says he's been crying a lot lately. He can't talk because of the stroke, so it's hard to figure out how to help him feel better. I think he is just sad that he's completely fucked up now and will never be able to walk or talk again.

Dr Dave

pillzlol
It's so silent outside, no cars going to work, no kids going to school, even the birds aren't tweating.

Same for the area where I work, and well frankly at my work too. Though in general things are more quiet everywhere here now.

whisky

Boobie inspector
The worst part is not being able to hug my wife and kid, well the worst part is the thought something will happen to both of us and he will be taken into care.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
I hope she gets whatever she needs there to be able to get out of there.

Mentalist

Administrator
Staff member
Had the first confirmed case on the island today. Some old guy travelled with it from Athens. He's now in quarantine but fuck knows how many more he infected before then.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member

People are intentionally exposing their kids to coronavirus the way they used to with chicken pox. WE ARE ALL GOING TO DIE.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
There was also that Coronavirus challenge going around where idiots were licking toilet seats (you’ll definitely get something - probably not this, though).

I hope your wife will be on the mend soon, Whisky. At least she’ll be getting the treatment she needs, and as a younger person will be getting priority.

Today was the first day of lockdown in the UK and I agree it’s the silence that really gets you. I went for a walk after work and standing next to Big Ben without a soul about, or a plane in the sky, was absolutely surreal. It was so still, it was as if I was the only person left.

Starship Coyote

Original Gangster!
I'm concerned about my wife, who is a shrink at the VA hospital. She says they are taking every precaution, but you know that's often not enough.

She's still young enough to shrug it off most likely if she does get it.