COVID-19 check in thread

whisky

Boobie inspector
Thanks everyone, they sent her back home last night, took bloods and an xray but didn't give her the test, gave her some antibiotics. Hopefully they will help with what is up with her.

I've lost nine pounds since last week, been really off my food, just wish I could sleep.

blackfoot NAP

King Of Bling
yep, we have the same problems the rest of the world has. no toilet paper. school, churches, parkes and beaches are closed, etc-etc.

NO SPORTS!. We will not crown a ncaa national champion in men's or women basketball. the acc tourny didn't crown the title this year. no nba. sports is probaby done for 2020.

i will be happy when this thing is over. easter and mothers day are cancelled.

if any member of troll kingdom has covid-10, I wish you guys and your families a speedy recovery.

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
I'm concerned about my wife, who is a shrink at the VA hospital. She says they are taking every precaution, but you know that's often not enough.

She's still young enough to shrug it off most likely if she does get it.

Hopefully that won't happen, although the shortages of EME's are shameful. What about you though? If you catch it are you at risk?

Good luck and many blessings.

jack

Thanks everyone, they sent her back home last night, took bloods and an xray but didn't give her the test, gave her some antibiotics. Hopefully they will help with what is up with her.

I've lost nine pounds since last week, been really off my food, just wish I could sleep.

For some reason they aren't testing everyone. This is a mystery to me. Hope she feels better and stay safe. I'm grateful for my spin bike, because I ain't getting out much and I put on 7 of the 9 you lost.

Fair trade.

Many blessings to you two. Rough times ahead.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Prince Charles!

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
One of my brother's ex girlfriends is a nurse, she was just complaining about people hoarding bleach because when she comes home from work she takes her clothes and shoes off in the garage and washes her clothes and sprays her shoes with a bleach solution. She is running out of bleach and doesn't know what she is going to do.

I keep hoping the panic shopping will stop and the stores will have a chance to restock. Where are all these people putting all this stuff? Leave something for other people!

whisky

Boobie inspector
Been running a temperature around 40 today, having paracetamol every four hours.

A 21 year old girl with no medical conditions died in the UK today, which is worrying, especially for all the young and stupid people who thought this wouldn't affect them.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter

I just want to watch the Paddington movies again to forget the world.

Dr Dave

pillzlol
One of my brother's ex girlfriends is a nurse, she was just complaining about people hoarding bleach because when she comes home from work she takes her clothes and shoes off in the garage and washes her clothes and sprays her shoes with a bleach solution. She is running out of bleach and doesn't know what she is going to do.

I keep hoping the panic shopping will stop and the stores will have a chance to restock. Where are all these people putting all this stuff? Leave something for other people!

It's super annoying. I finally found a decent amount of toilet paper.

Loktar

Pinata Whacker
It's super annoying. I finally found a decent amount of toilet paper.
I still have 4 rolls in the cabinet and one on the toilet paper holder. I'm not worried yet. Got paper towels and napkins I can use if need be. Should be good for 3-4 weeks at least. Hopefully TP will be restocked by then.

Mirah

I love you
Today the teachers drove through town with signs saying "We miss you" (To the students???) and waving and honking their horn, because they can do that in this town, which is 3 block long.

Oh-and clothes-I change out of my clothes immediately when I get home and leave my shoes at the door.

We had a scare today as someone who is on their 10th day of quarantine decided they needed to come to the drive thru to get money.

whisky

Boobie inspector
Was having strange hallucinations last night, everytime I was nearly asleep a spreadsheet would pop up and I've have to work on it, until my brain realised there was no spreadsheet and it went away. This happened roughly every ten minutes from 10 till 2, when I took a shot of ouzo to try and shut my brain up. Fortunately it worked.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
^ I sometimes get those kinds of dreams when I've been working too hard or if I'm stressed -- whatever the subject is in my dream, I start confronting it with PowerPoint commands.

Had a weird scare during work tonight -- in the chat window, one of my co-workers (who lives out in Brooklyn) posted: "Hi this is (Name)'s wife -- he thinks he is having a heart attack, we're on the way to the hospital."

This is not the best time to need to go to the ER with something non-corona-related. But later on, he came back into chat and said, "It was a panic attack. Based on the readings, the paramedics told me not to go to the hospital because that place is like hell on earth this week." So he's going to rest and relax at home, and hopefully recover without more attacks.

One thing that came up during all this was that his emergency contact info wasn't up to date, so it wasn't easy for the partners to try and get a hold of his wife. If you're working remotely or living alone, make sure you have a plan in place, and have picked people to be emergency contacts who can reach you if needed, or call 911 or your work & family for you. (Note to self: practice what you preach.)

jack

^^great advice.