DAnce with dragons *SPOILERS FOR ALL FIVE BOOKS*

aeommai

cookie?
so far awesome try and read bros

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
I've been reading today...

Jon executing Janos Slynt was the best part so far.

CaptainWacky

I can't remember who Val is.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
I bet this is the kind of book Cassie would enjoy.

CaptainWacky

Dany should lust after more attractive men.

CaptainWacky

ARE YOU EVER GOING TO GET IT, CASSIE?

The Dany chapters are starting to drag. The second Bran chapter is still the best chapter so far...

HODOR KICKING ASS. THE CHILDREN OF THE FOREST. THE THREE-EYED CROW IS HALFMAN HALF TREE!? How the fuck are they going to do this on tv? I DON'T CARE.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
It left Orlando this morning, that's about 2hrs from here. MAYBE I'LL GET IT THIS WEEK :rwmad:

Cock

Let's be making sexy business
someone buy me this book stat!

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
OMG IT'S HERE!!!

CaptainWacky

You'll probably catch up with me if you read the Dany chapters at normal speed (they're taking me ten times longer to read than normal (they're boring.))

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Alright, SOOOOO I just started the first Dany chapter but I was wondering something about Jon that was revealed in the prologue but I can't remember if we already knew it or not. Ill spoiler my question in case someone else comes along and reads the thread I GUESS.

Did we already know that Jon is a skinwalker? ALSO does this mean Arya, Bran and Rickon are skinwalkers? I don't think Sansa is, but maybe she could be too.

CaptainWacky

All the Stark kids have had Wolf dreams (except Sansa because her wolf died.) Bran warged into his wolf in book three and even into Hodor once. The Reed kids told him about warging. I don't think Jon knows he can take control of Ghost but he's probably done it before too.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
OH.. well my memory is really shit, so I thought that was some new information OR SOMETHING.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Thank GOODNESS the Wiki of Ice and Fire EXISTS. I've had to go over there and refresh my memory on the reason why Bran and Rickon aren't together, and who the fuck Val is, and what happened with Jon just before this book started. I think I should have reread A Storm of Swords, at least, before starting A Dance with Dragons. I keep having to remind myself that this book picks up where Storm of Swords ended, and not where A Feast for Crows ended.

If the HBO series keeps on going through all the books, I bet they merge Feast and Dance together and split it into two seasons somewhere in the middle of it all. I wish GRRM had done that, it would be less confusing to my OLD brain.

CaptainWacky

Yeah the Val mentions really confused me. Jon kept looking at her all the time as if she was some super important character! I didn't get a chance to reread Storm Of Swords either. I'll probaby read it again after I finish this one, which will be even more confusing!

They will have to have books 4 and 5 running together in the tv show, otherwise we won't see half the characters for a whole season.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Just finished the first "Reek" chapter. VERY CONFUSING. I know who Reek is, but I don't remember why he's being held. I've read the wiki pages that I thought would help, but i'm still a bit confused :rwmad:

CaptainWacky

SPOILERS FOR BOOK TWO

Theon was allowed to return home by Robb. He tried to get his father to fight for Robb's side, but his father rejected it and said they were going to invade the North while it was unprotected. Trying to prove himself, Theon captured Winterfell with his Ironborn. But things went to shit when Bran and Rickon escaped. Reek (a prisoner Theon freed) suggested killing two common children and passing them off as Bran and Rickon, which Theon did. Theon let Reek leave to get reinforcements. The Northern army showed up and Theon was ready to surrender and take the black, but another army then attacked and slaughtered them. Reek was in reality Ramsay the bastard of Bolton, son of Roose Bolton. He then betrayed Theon, killed everyone in Winterfell and burned it to the ground. He's had Theon locked up ever since (and he's become the new Reek.)
I can remember it all because I just reread book two before this one.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Hodor, hodor, hodor, hodor, hodor, hodor, hodor. HODOR IS AWESOME. I love the Bran chapters the best so far. NOW I see YOU with a thousand eyes, and with one!

I'm well into the book now. The stuff that I don't remember doesn't matter so much anymore. I WANT ARYA! :rwmad: I wonder if Brienne is going to be in this one at all, also.

CaptainWacky

Is it wrong to like rape jokes?

"Don't make me rue the day I raped your mother." - Roose Bolton