DAnce with dragons *SPOILERS FOR ALL FIVE BOOKS*

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
EXACTLY

I probably wouldn't have complained about the descriptions if he had described the scenery AND had the characters do stuff, and not cut off the good parts just when they get started. I also would have been ok with inner book cliffhangers if they were picked up the next time we returned to the POV, but he always skipped past that bit and went on with some other stuff we already KNEW. Thousands of pages went by, and I knew what Dany's world looked like, but she never did anything. It's like most of the characters were trapped in time. I guess that is why GRRM was having so much trouble with getting this book out, he couldn't figure out how to get the characters to the next step OR SOMETHIGN.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
Part of it is that there was supposed to be a five year jump after A Storm Of Swords, but when he tried writing that he kept just writing flashbacks to the five years, so he scrapped all that and turned it into Crows/Dragons...which means a lot of the stuff in these books would have been skipped if he'd kept to the original lifetime. The whole thing's a bit of a clusterfuck, but hopefully he'll get back on track with The Winds Of Winter...whenever he writes it.

CaptainWacky

She shat herself.

Cock

Let's be making sexy business
Shat is great word. I was tickled to hear Roy Dotrice got the narrating for the audiobook again, and then hearing him say 'shat' was a true delight.

CaptainWacky

Do you think he ever gets bored of reading the repetitive phrases? "Oh god, not 'words are wind' AGAIN, George!"

Cock

Let's be making sexy business
much and more. little and less . yeah.. i wonder

CaptainWacky

There is reason to believe Tyrion could be a Targaryen (if you've read the books which I'm guessing Loktar hasn't), but that was a fan theory before ADWD came out, so George could have just put a reference in to mess with us.

There is reason to believe Tyrion could be a Targaryen (if you've read the books which I'm guessing Loktar hasn't), but that was a fan theory before ADWD came out, so George could have just put a reference in to mess with us.

Oh that's interesting. Could be a red herring. Good to know.

CaptainWacky

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Poor poor Theon.

CaptainWacky

So Bran's talking through ravens now?

CaptainWacky

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
WHO WAS VAL?

CaptainWacky

She was Dalla's sister. I can't even remember if Dalla was in the show (Mance Rayder's wife who died in childbirth.)