"Darkness" keeping Bill and Ted 3 from happening

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter

CaptainWacky

I grinned like a mad man when Death appeared and I don't care who knows it.

CaptainWacky

Bill and Ted face the harsh realities of covid, is anyone going to go to the cinema by September 1st?

It’s time to save the world, dudes! Keanu Reeves and Alex Winter return in the all-new trailer for Bill & Ted Face the Music, available On Demand and in theaters September 1!

Still looks pretty good though!

whisky

Boobie inspector
I might never go again, I recon cinemas will go the way of libraries in time.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
I might never go again, I recon cinemas will go the way of libraries in time.
Cinemas may go, but libraries should live forever. You pay to go to the cinema, but the point o libraries is to be a free source of knowledge for the people.

Then again, democracy is so not trending these days...

Loktar

Pinata Whacker
Cinemas may go, but libraries should live forever. You pay to go to the cinema, but the point o libraries is to be a free source of knowledge for the people.

Then again, democracy is so not trending these days...
Libraries are a free source of knowledge. I still remember the summer I learned which corners of the library the homeless people pee in.

whisky

Boobie inspector
Having seen the second trailer I am slightly worried it will be more about the daughters than Bill and Ted.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Libraries are a free source of knowledge. I still remember the summer I learned which corners of the library the homeless people pee in.
THAT'S THE PRICE OF FREEDOM!™

The Tomtrek

Love Wookiee
OK so this is out now so I watched it and I thought it was pretty good!

To highlight the negatives first, the plot is kind of all over the place - it very much feels like about four different draft scripts mashed together. There's also a comedy character that really didn't land for me. Also the ending kind of tries to do the same thing that Bogus Journey did, which was a misstep because Bogus Journey did it so well that this one doesn't work as well.

BUT THE GOOD THINGS are that I did find it actually funny, most of which comes from the four main characters (Bill, Ted, and their daughters). Keanu Reeves and Alex Winter are great and it really does feel like they're the same Bill & Ted but 20 years later. Samara Weaving and Brigette Lundy-Paine were also really good and frankly I could have watched a whole film with them.

But overall I guess although it's not perfect, and probably not as good as the other two, it was just really nice to watch Bill & Ted do things again. Like, they're nice characters. They're good boys. They're just kind to everyone they meet and they just want the best for people. And that's nice to watch again, y'know?

CaptainWacky

MILD SPOILERS

I watched it and AGREE IN GENERAL. I really liked just seeing Bill and Ted again as characters. I like how nice they are and how it's basically a movie about being nice ("excellent") to each other. I really wish the world actually could be united by a song and maybe that's a stupid childish fantasy but we kind of need those! The mechanics of the ending were weird but I really loved the "it was about us all playing together!" line or whatever it was and the stuff playing over the credits actually made me feel human emotions so well done on that!

The actual funniest stuff was Bill and Ted interacting with the alternate future versions of themselves and it gave Keanu and Alex a chance to just go wild with fun performances.

I love William Sadler as Death. Ted's dad was a lot of fun too, even though he looked far too old to still be on active duty! I like how they don't slutshame Missy and marrying all those guys is just what she does.

Billie and Thea were good and well cast, but their subplot felt a really rushed? The guy playing Louis Armstrong was fucking terrible.

I have no idea who Kid Cudi is but I laughed when he said "Statiion!" Why was he listed as playing "himself" when Dave Gruhl was listed as playing "Dave Gruhl"? We may never know!

The weakest stuff: the plot made even less sense than the first two, the robot wasn't funny outside a couple of lines, and the subplot with the wives just resolved itself out of nowhere. Also a bit weird that they recast the Princesses with actresses 10 to 15 years younger than Keanu and Alex and that they didn't ever interact with their daughters.

BUT YEAH I LIKED IT TOO!

CaptainWacky

I did not go to a cinema (I hardly ever do that even in normal times) and it is not legally available to stream here.

CaptainWacky