Doctor Who Season 12

Coyote Ugly

Full Frontal Nudity
I'm gonna wait until part 2 to pass judgement, but this was "ok." As in, I've seen worse and I've seen better.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
I zoned in and out of it while it was on. And I think I've pinpointed what bugs me about the Jodie era. I can't stand her plucky Sheffield manner and accent. Thank God for closed-captioning, otherwise I'd miss half of her dialogue. Apologies to anyone who lives near there or talks that way, but you're not being asked to carry a sci-fi show with a lot of technobabble.

Coyote Ugly

Full Frontal Nudity
I zoned in and out of it while it was on. And I think I've pinpointed what bugs me about the Jodie era. I can't stand her plucky Sheffield manner and accent. Thank God for closed-captioning, otherwise I'd miss half of her dialogue. Apologies to anyone who lives near there or talks that way, but you're not being asked to carry a sci-fi show with a lot of technobabble.

I have this problem too. Military service took me to a lot of places, so I normally don't have a problem with non-American accents and dialects. However, I have a hard time understanding what the fuck she's saying half the time.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
I watched it again and paid more attention. Still not warming up to this incarnation. (I know it's just Part 1 of 2...)

The Bond spoof angle was kind of fun, sort of. But overall I have the same complaints with the storytelling as last year. Only now instead of i being CSI: TARDIS, it's more like The X-Files. Why is The Doctor just as surprised as anyone that aliens might be involved? And the companions are too easily turned into experts in everything to suit the circumstances.

Also (and maybe this is because I've been watching a marathon for a week), I have fatigue for "the world is going to end in 5 minutes" stories. Maybe because the solutions that Jodie finds to fix everything involve a quick burst of technobabble, explained through that wide-eyed accent. It's totally anti-climactic. And this cliffhanger is just overkill.

So who do we want as the next Doctor? :joker:

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
Angela Lansbury.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Here's an idea -- Daniel Radcliffe.

whisky

Boobie inspector
That would work, the still not ginger line could be brought back.

Coyote Ugly

Full Frontal Nudity
Benny could pull it off with style. He could be an assholish Doctor in the same vein as Colin Baker.

The Question

Eternal
Hugh Laurie. He's also good at being an assholish Doctor.

The Question

Eternal
It might be the "biggest" two-parter in terms of money spent on it and number of locations filmed in, but that doesn't mean it's the biggest in terms of things that are actually important.

I laughed at describing Stephen Fry as a "The Hobbit" star. That's like the five hundredth thing you'd think of if someone mentioned him to you. (Though I guess it's because it is the "biggest" thing he's been in.)

"A Bit Of Fry & Laurie" was bigger. The Hobbit stuff is just more recent and middling notable.

CaptainWacky

It was pretty good, I liked the unexpected time travel stuff. It felt more exciting than part one. Sacha Dhawan was good as the Master. But the ending all seemed a bit too easy (The Doctor basically just shows up and says "haha I beat you in the past or something!") and I'm not sure why they let Lenny Henry get away because there's not much more his character could offer.

whisky

Boobie inspector
It was a bit bill and Ted, the problem with any fatal delema in this show is the main character has a time machine. Which they seemed to have forgotten in the first episode where the fam was getting in trouble for too much time off work. 11 always brought Rory and Amy back the moment they left.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I watched the 1st one. It was okay.

CaptainWacky

Damning with faint praise is fun.