Doctor Who Season 12

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
This was about 25% better than Orphan 55. Which means it hovered at the mediocre level I expect from these writers/producers.

I wondered who Tesla was the whole episode until I saw in the credits that it was Goran Visnjic from "ER" -- the mustache threw me. I like him. Good to see he's still just as sexy 10 years later.

Can we have some non-bug aliens next week? Please?

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
BIT ANNOYED THOUGH that they kept calling the Silurian gun "alien technology" when the Silurians are from Earth and therefore not aliens JUST SAYING.

Maybe it was specifically made by Siluarians who moved off Earth at some point and developed guns on another planet.

whisky

Boobie inspector
The fan boys are really going to lose their shit over this one. I liked it.

I guess the extra faces in that morbius episode are Canon now.

CaptainWacky

It was entertaining because we had no idea what the fuck was going to happen next. And since it just ended with nothing resolved it avoided the usual Chibnall problem of having a terrible ending. The acting in the scenes with the two Doctors were some of the best acting since Jodie took over (it's a shame the guy who plays Ryan was so typically bland in his big moment at the end.) I liked the evil Time Lady they should have made her THE RANI.

Captain Jack showing up made me lol. He didn't end up doing anything except deliver a vague, RTD-era style warning, but just having him back in 2020 was hilarous. BARROWMAN.

So if the idea is that Ruth Doctor is from a previous regeneration cycle, how come her TARDIS already looked like a police box? Surely it didn't look like that before the First Doctor stole it? (We've even seen the scene of him stealing it on screen, haven't we, and he didn't say "oh cool an Earth police box!") And shouldn't she be called something else than Doctor?

whisky

Boobie inspector
There is an opportunity between 2 and 3.

When the time lords forced the regeneration.

Starship Coyote

Original Gangster!
The best thing about that ep was Captain Jack.

The Question

Eternal

There's musing that Doctor Who may also be flirting with the alternate timeline / multiverse trope, as well. Like maybe that was an alternate 13th Doctor.

Starship Coyote

Original Gangster!

No, because the Doctor would remember that, and the lineage was established in "Mawdryn Undead" and "The Five Doctors"... Peter Davison was the 5th Doctor.

The Tomtrek

Love Wookiee
I actually really liked that because it was totally nuts and the Judoon are kind of dorky but cool and fuck it Captain Jack was there and the other TARDIS looked so much better than the other one.

Trying to place where this Doctor is is tricky because, yeah if she's pre-William Hartnell then she wouldn't even have the TARDIS (let alone one stuck as a police box) and she wouldn't be called The Doctor.

It could be in the space between 2 and 3 but he had the sonic screwdriver by then so she'd at least know what it was.

WHO KNOWS

WHo

KNOWS

Starship Coyote

Original Gangster!
It's gotta be an alternate time line. Only thing that makes sense.

The Question

Eternal
S' what I'm sayin', yo.

Charlemagne

Holy Roman Emperor
TBH... I started losing interest in Doctor Who after Matt Smith left. I'd thought about getting back into it.... but if this thread is anything to go by, I'll probably give it a pass.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I just finished Orphan 55. I don't even.

The Question

Eternal
TBH... I started losing interest in Doctor Who after Matt Smith left. I'd thought about getting back into it.... but if this thread is anything to go by, I'll probably give it a pass.

Capaldi carried a couple seasons, but the weight of the GWGB poison was already starting to show.

Starship Coyote

Original Gangster!
It occured to me: "Ruth" was a better female Doctor than Jodie. They should switch.

Loktar

Pinata Whacker
It occured to me: "Ruth" was a better female Doctor than Jodie. They should switch.
Jodie would be a better female Doctor if she quit doing a terrible Matt Smith impression and just be more her own Doctor like Ruth or Capaldi.

CaptainWacky

Starship Coyote

Original Gangster!
The next one is a bit better, at least.

It says something when I can't remember what happened in the next episode.