Doctor Who Season 12

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
"Early 2020"

Was that Kevin Kline in young makeup, or a young actor who is a ringer for him?

whisky

Boobie inspector
Does he have any grown up children? Good to see Stephen Fry, not sure about Lenny Henry, didn't he already appear in the original series?

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
Looks like a series of Doctor Who alright!

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Am I an evil misogynist for already wondering who the next Doctor will be?

Also I need a "previous Doctors come to the rescue" ep so Capaldi can come back. AND WHERE IS CLARA'S TARDIS?

Last edited:

CaptainWacky

I hope Chibnall isn't writing as many episodes this series.

Everyone always thinks about who THE NEXT DOCTOR will be, like how people prefer talking about THE NEXT BOND to actually watching Bond films.

Starship Coyote

Original Gangster!
I hope season 12 doesn't suck as bad as the last season did.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts

CaptainWacky

I HOPE THE RANI IS THE "BIG, SERIOUS CRISIS."

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
I started watching season 11 again in preparation. Since PlutoTV has started streaming all the classic eps on their own DW channel, I've gained a little perspective on how Jodie's Doctor fits within the "spectrum of Doctors", so I get the shift in tone/personality a little more now. Since this is a less flamboyant, less strutting Doctor, it made sense to make up for it with more companions, and higher production values for eye candy.

But at some point Jodie needs to play something other than being wide-eyed and amazed at everything she encounters. She needs to be more commanding and not be afraid to be a stone cold bitch if the situation calls for it. She's The Doctor, not The Nurse.

This is the Word of the Eggs.

CaptainWacky

She doesn't write the show. Chibnall seemed scared to write any scenes where she was in conflict or had to be a "stone cold bitch" last season.

Last edited:

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
I agree, it's up to the writers to create an overall arc in which she can change. But she and the directors have to allow her to make some choices and line readings that go beyond "perky Sheffield lass who's just happy to be here". That's how a character evolves. JUST LIKE JOEY.

Starship Coyote

Original Gangster!
Fool me once, Chib, shame on you... fool me twice...

CaptainWacky

It might be the "biggest" two-parter in terms of money spent on it and number of locations filmed in, but that doesn't mean it's the biggest in terms of things that are actually important.

I laughed at describing Stephen Fry as a "The Hobbit" star. That's like the five hundredth thing you'd think of if someone mentioned him to you. (Though I guess it's because it is the "biggest" thing he's been in.)

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Millennial writers seem to use Box Office Mojo instead of Wikipedia or a library to research their celebrity subjects.

CaptainWacky

I wish she was playing Rani but it's still good!

whisky

Boobie inspector
Well that was poor, but at least I now know what Jake Gyllinhall would look like as an Asian.

CaptainWacky

Most of it was just the standard Chibnall episode and I was getting quite bored, so the last few minutes being crazy at least livened it up. Kind of disappointing that the Master's just back to being a cackling bad guy after all the Missy stuff though.

The Tomtrek

Love Wookiee
Yeah it was kind of all over the place mostly, until the ending where at least something sort of interesting happened.

I like this actor but he seems to just being John Simm CRAZY MASTER and that's my least favourite Master so eeehhhhhhhh