Doctor Who Season OR SERIES 13

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
I thought the angels used to send you back long enough that you would die on the day you were originally sent from? So multiple people shouldn't be sent back to the same time period.

The cop in 'Blink' died on the same day he was sent back, but I think that was only because he was holding on to see Carey Mulligan one last time.

whisky

Boobie inspector
I kind of liked this one? It's an odd feeling in the Chibnal era.

CaptainWacky

I liked last week's a lot more as it had its own identity. This one was a load of subplots that didn't crossover with each other, but at least it moved at a fast pace. The Doctor mostly just stood around listening to exposition and I don't like the thing where she's the most important person in the universe with a super convoluted secret backstory but I guess they're commited to that now (until RTD comes in and ignores it!)

Jemma Redgrave was good in her five minutes.

Mandip Gill is good as Yaz they should put her in Torchwood or something.

whisky

Boobie inspector
I recon the doctor will get her old memories back, and she will have been the doctor hundreds of times, that way in the future they can do a multi doctor story and use any actor they want as a one off.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
I recon the doctor will get her old memories back, and she will have been the doctor hundreds of times, that way in the future they can do a multi doctor story and use any actor they want as a one off.
Like Murphy Brown's revolving secretaries, or Frasier's celebrity phone-in voices.

CaptainWacky

It will turn out Yaz is also a previous Doctor regeneration and she fancies herself.

CaptainWacky

I pity whoever has to write a synoposis of this mess for Tardipedia or whatever it's called.

Who the fuck was the snake guy? Just some guy? With a snake?

Why was the Doctor in three places other than Chibnall vaguely remembering the plot of 'All Good Things'?

Did I miss the part where they restored the universe to normal? Hadn't it all disappeared except Earth? Or something?

Seriously I have no fucking idea what the plot was.

Did Yaz and Dan even do anything this episode? Why was the one-armed woman mad at him at the end? Did she forget everything that happened?

The Sontarans did a genocide on the dog people (off camera) but lol dogs are funny lol.

A Dalek episode!? On New Year's Day?! Originality, thy name is Chibnall!

MAYBE YAZ AND THE DOCTOR WILL KISS says Twitter except they won't they'll just look at each other in a way that gets people on tumblr posting gifs but doesn't actually confirm lesbigayness in any way. At least RTD and Moffat would give us sex.

whisky

Boobie inspector
The thing about juggling so many plot points is always the danger you end up dropping a load of them.

Can't figure out how to restore the universe after destroying most of it? Don't mention it, and hope noone notices.

Can't figure out what your mysterious villains motives are? Don't give them any.

You have a destructive force destroying planets and stars, have them stopped by some pace ships.

The doctors plan basically been, I won't kill you all, but I brought some friends that will.

They wanted an epic event, but it feels more like an epic fail.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
I only caught the second half. After reading your reactions, I feel like it won't help if I watch the first half.

The Tomtrek

Love Wookiee
It feels like Chibnall wrote a 10 episode season which contained a pretty good Sontaran and Weeping Angels story and a pretty good set of original villains and then shuffled the pages of every script together in a totally random order and then threw four episodes worth in the bin.

Loktar

Pinata Whacker
Nothing about the whole thing made any sense.
Yeah they should have just told us more about her unknown Division regenerations(especially Ruth) instead of her throwing the fob watch away where she can't find it, unless she asks for it. (Like maybe Davies will come back to it some day...*wink* yeah right. We will never hear anything more about Ruth, Division, or the Timeless Child once Davies takes over).

CaptainWacky

I kind of want to give Chibnall some credit for having ambition and TRYING to do an epic story about a war between space and time (I guess!) spanning centuries and across universes...except the execution was so bad that I can't really give him much credit! Like Tomtrek said it felt like it needed more episodes but I'm not even sure that would have helped.

Seriously though I can't get over how horrible Diane was to Dan at the end for seemingly no reason? Was she always a bitch and he just didn't notice before because he was so horny and obsessed with tunnels.