"Don't ask, don't tell"...

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
...and the world of Star Trek. Such a missed opportunity, in TOS, keeping Sulu in the closet. How many episodes were there, where the landing party is rendered powerless when their phasers and communicators are taken away? If only Sulu had been allowed to be openly gay. [Landing party is rendered powerless when their phasers and communicators are taken away] KIRK: Sulu! Did!? YOU! GET. [ok, this is taking way too long. Just imagine Shatner voice] A phaser and/or communicator up your ass? SULU: Not only did I bring a phaser AND a communicator for each and every member of the landing party, I brought the good Class 2 phasers--with all the exciting knobs and ridges and bulges....oh my!

The Question

Eternal
I don't think there's any reason to believe TOS Sulu wasn't gay -- or even that he was in the closet. It's supposed to be a future where that shit doesn't matter, so he just kept his business to himself like everybody else and didn't go around telling everybody he was sucking dick.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Poor Chekov. They'd get shore leave and Scotty would take everyone else to the titty bar at the spaceport and Sulu would be like "Oh no, we need to go sit in the bushes at the truck stop."