Dreadful things I am NOT responsible for

headvoid

Can I have Ops?
There is a tendency for risk averse, shiny thing chasing clients to take a online sensation and put it on the telly. It is, what we call the OMG WE HAVEN"T GOT AN IDEA HOW ABOUT WE USE ANT AND DEC" technique which we all hate.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
Do the "real people" really write the songs or do Nationwide give them a script for a song that sounds like something "real people" would write?

CaptainWacky

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
Also banning a Christmas advert in mid February is the definition of shutting the barn doors after the horse has bolted.

CaptainWacky

Maybe it's still Christmas in other parts of the world.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Or maybe vegetables celebrate Christmas in February, after the holidays and before planting season.

CaptainWacky

And they're all drunk so they don't know any different.

Mirah

I love you
Um, The Purple Mattress Protector? It came up in the middle of a mix I was listening to and I couldn't stop watching the ad. All 3 minutes and 43 seconds of it.

CaptainWacky

Is that supposed to be a monster man in drag.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
If this was season 4, Milan and Chad would have been calling it WILLAM and clocking it for THAT BEARD, GURL.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
“No matter what spills or leaks out of your family member”. I liked that ad. And I kinda feel like buying a Purple mattress protector now too.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
That was pretty interesting. Good to know what goes into a decent advert.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
I kind of want to change my username and avatar to Hitler and post "The Holocaust. Oh, wait, yes I am. Never mind." in this thread. But that seems an awful lot of work for a tasteless joke.

Love Child

One Love
That was pretty interesting. Good to know what goes into a decent advert.

Yeah, I really didn't realize that she was beating the crap out of a squirrel in the beginning. I just thought she was doing laundry or something. She is both the mom and the dad! They also did a Chrstmas blurb-but she just doesn't look the same! She reminds me of Lily Lebowski from Crossing Jordan for some reason.

CaptainWacky

Headvoid please explain why this Diet Coke ad is so bad and why did they use nearly the exact same script for the British version? Was "yurt it up" really too good a line to let go off? Don't Coke have a lot of money and couldn't they spend some of that money on making good ads?

The British version is actually even worse since at least Gillian Jacobs (DON'T BLAME HER) can act.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
Jesus both versions are horribly condescending, Gillian Jacobs opens her coke before paying for it and the British girl looks like she’s never drunk from a can before.

CaptainWacky

And why did the add the awful "it's comfy casual!" line to the British version? Is that what we like?

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
The whole thing is like Super Hans luring you into taking acid. “Go on. Treat yourself. It’s no different from having a mars bar or a bit of ket”