DREAM THREAD Part Pi.Pi!

Mirah

I love you
Do you ever get exploding head syndrome? I've been getting it again lately, if you don't know what it is you'd think you were going mad: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exploding_head_syndrome

I get it right as I'm falling asleep or waking up and it feels completely real in the moment. I've shouted out in fear from it when waking in the middle of the night.

I looked it up. That sounds very disturbing.

I only wake myself up to a loud snore, and I am pretty sure the cats would come wake me up to when they heard a loud snore, or when I woke up they were staring at me.

whisky

Boobie inspector
Usually when I am half awake or half asleep if I open my eyes suddenly I see a big black spider directly in front of me, it's not real, but it scurries away either behind the radiator or under the curtains, if I am facing the other way it's on my wife's head

The other day I was trying to sleep in the day on my own, and it was just hovering in the air in front of me, o knew it wasn't real so I just watched fascinated as it crawled inside itself, like the narada falling into the black hole at the end of star trek.

I wonder after years of been scared of the spider, after calmly watching it vanish, is that why my mind came up voices to scare me?

As for exploding headaches, I do sometimes get that when I wank, it gets worse as I get near climax, and always ruins the moment, thankfully it doesn't happen that often.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
OK. There wasn't a lot of detail retained of this dream--and it is a little personal--so I didn't mention it at first, but the more I think about it, the more entertainingly fucked up it is.

First off, it was...I woke up at least once and came back to the same dream. And it was a dream I actually kind of wanted to come back to. How often does that happen?

I'm at some kind of orgy/swinger/fetish thing. Everyone's apparently having a great time, but I'm there as a single guy, so I'm just wandering around, trying to figure out where I'm supposed to be and how I can get some hot fun out of the night. There's an upstairs and a downstairs. The structure is on a hill, so the upstairs is the ground floor with the front door and the downstairs is the basement, but it has a door from the alley. The upstairs is where the action is going on and the downstairs is just beds and couches everywhere with people on them and all the lights off. Walked through there, but couldn't figure out how to get invited onto one of the beds so I went back upstairs. Things weren't going anywhere so I was getting ready to call it a night and some blonde girl starts berating me for being stupid and that I could get laid if I wanted to and I take it to heart, but the moment is kind of passed so I head out. But once I'm out on the street, I realize I need to use the bathroom so I go around the block and sneak back in through the basement door, where the bathroom is.

The toilet may just be out in the middle of the room. And since it was a party, the toilet has been destroyed. I realize this too late and my T-shirt is covered in poop from leaning against the back. So I'm trying to TCB while avoiding getting any more poop on myself and working up the contingency plan for what to do: Go to the shower upstairs and clean off the shirt or just throw it in the trash. I should also say I'm wearing nothing but a T-shirt and boxers at this point--and pitching a pretty obvious tent in the boxers.

Just about as I'm finishing up about a half-dozen pretty cute girls come out of...some room they were hanging out in, getting ready to leave. But they decided to see what's going on with me. I manage to get the T-shirt off, so I'm walking around in just boxers while they're all wearing clothes. They seem to be taking the poop as a fact of life. But even though I remember what the blonde girl said to me earlier, I can't figure out a way to convert this situation into sex so I just wake up. I wake up enough to come up with some ideas how to salvage things in the dream, but of course at this point I can't get back into it.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Had dreams DIRECTLY related to the jackassery of this contracting gig this morning--but set in a more conventional early 2000s context.
1) Rolled into work at a reasonable hour. Realized I'd completely blown off the early meeting. Debating what to do next when the hot chick from HR* came by my desk for something. She wants me to just blow everything off and fool around with her (worst HR person ever). So I'm feeling her up and realize she doesn't have a bra on. I'm starting to think her blouse is very sheer too when I realize that she'd actually managed to get the front open and get my hand inside. Of course around then my dream censor kicked in and put an end to that line of dreaming.
2) Then, after the call--and going back to bed for a nap--I was back in the Marine Corps. And I'd had the early meeting so I was going to get to sleep in. But my roommate was getting up at the regular hour to go to work and I felt guilty so I got up to go explain it to him. Apparently he was supposed to be going to the field that day because he was loading his pack and tactical gear and stuff into his car.

*The roommate in the second dream was an actual person. The hot HR person was a dream construct.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
A back in the Marines and back at school dream again. Lots of stuff going on and lots of details that I won't be able to remember enough to get into order, but the part that stuck out the most was filling out a ton of paperwork near the start of the class (this is a normal, common thing) and I'm writing down the date, which was like, April 2nd. And I'm realizing that I haven't done my taxes. The instructor is like "that's tough, but it's too late to do anything at this point." I thought about texting my accountant to see if he could do an extension but it really didn't get to that point. Eventually woke up and went to the bathroom and was rolling around how this could've happened and pretty sure I hadn't gotten any forms yet and realized that was because it was actually still mid-November.

There was also one bit where where I got to look at a file they had on me from earlier that was mostly photos of me (I guess to assess my bearing and leadership potential) when I was first in school and we got to talking about what great shape we were in then and I was arguing that I was in my best shape during the actual 6 month course after we were commissioned while one of the guys was arguing that they were in their best shape at the...8? No, I think it was 10 week OCS. In the dream I argued that at OCS I still had energy to do things and at The Basic School I was always exhausted, ergo...I was in my best shape?

On waking I think my dream classmate was right. At TBS we were tired all the time because we had to balance workload with staying in shape and high physical demands. At OCS it was all about physical conditioning. And truth be told, we were probably tired all the time. By the end of the course the female platoon would be decimated. About half of them would be on crutches because their training was almost as physically demanding as the male training (they did a bent-arm hang instead of pull-ups and they had a slightly shorter hike route, IIRC) but the female body just isn't built to withstand the punishment a male body can take. About half the women had stress fractures of one kind or another. (In reality, not in this dream.)

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
OK. This one was very straightforward and coherent and entertaining (at least to me). And it was a morning dream that I seamlessly fell right back into after each snooze alarm:

I'm doing part time work for a company. Only it is in an office setting instead of remote (although I'm still working in jammies and a bathrobe with bed-head hair). The office itself was basically an end of the 20th century space with reconfigurable cubicles and the company was lightly modeled on a VC startup I interned at around 2005.

There was a bunch of stuff I needed to work on and all of it was rush. One thing was some kind of report I'd been told about but had completely slipped my mind. I got a chat or e-mail reminding me of it and that the VIP that needed it was scheduled to show up 20 minutes ago. They said they'd be sending me some material and someone to help with it and it was only 2 pages so I should be able to crank it out pretty quickly. As it turns out, the report source material was maybe 6-12 "Spiderman" comics. And the person who was supposed to be helping knew nothing about Spiderman. Or comics. So she's trying to explain some girl and it is quickly clear to me she's talking about Mary Jane but I can't get her to move along faster. Meanwhile we cut to the parking lot, where a dark red SUV limousine is pulling up that I know contains the bigwig. So now we're having to drop everything to get ready for her to walk in and meet us all. I point out that, not only am I responsible for the paper she's here to get that hasn't been written, but that I'm wearing pajamas and a robe and maybe should stay out of sight. The girl I was working with realizes this is a good idea and I get stashed in some out of the way corner.

Only other detail from the dream that I didn't get to is that the company was in rough times and they'd scaled down and rearranged the cubicles progressively more cramped as things got worse. That's actually probably the opposite of the way it would be: A successful company would have to pack people in as they made more hires and a struggling company would have more and more space as people were getting laid off. I dunno. Maybe the cubicles were rented and were being repossessed. I pointed out an empty spot on the floor and reminded my coworker I'd been here before and remembered when she and each of her 3-4 peers had their own big cubicle in that area instead of having 2-3 people share little low partial cubes along the floor and move to whatever cube was vacant at the time.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Wow. Long, rambling one last night that continued after waking up at least once (I think). And (again, I think) started as one of those dreams where you drift off without realizing you've fallen asleep.

There was this sort of...ribald social club I used to hang out with. And they were having some kind of BBQ. The event is at some kind of...campground?...run by a Chinese family. I think for some reason my Mom may have been at it--why, I have no idea and she really didn't have more than a cameo. Anyhow, for some reason they put me in charge of the grilling. Which was a terrible idea because growing up in the frozen wastelands of Wisconsin, where summer lasts from June 3 to July 8. Also because I was busy trying to get in this dirty little blonde's pants. And she was up for it. At one point we were wearing the same T-shirt, with me behind her, whispering the dirty things I was going to do to her and her jamming my hand into her shorts (no panties, of course). Then she's gossiping with some other skank and I get the impression she's trying to cock-block me. Eventually I decide I don't want to be stuck in this shirt for the rest of the evening so I extract myself.

Now some "Dragon Lady" karate instructor shows up and wants me to demonstrate my high kick. So I set up this kick target and start stacking meat on top of it (instead of cinder blocks?) but when it's time to drag the thing out into an open space I realize it is missing some parts and is very unstable. When the whole thing falls over, she decides I should drag it over to another area where there's more space. Then she wants me to move a couple "shrines" under a picnic table so there's more space. This seems inappropriate, but who am I to argue. One of the shrines (basically garden decorations) has these trailing plants and a couple of the tendrils came off while moving it. The tendrils go out to an end like a dragon head and then there's a spray of vegetation like fire coming out each dragon head's mouth. As I'm collecting up the broken off tendrils, I see one of the still attached dragon heads is munching on the vegetation on one of its neighboring tendrils, so I feed the broken off tendrils to the intact ones.

When it's time to do the kick, I explain that it's been decades since I've done a high kick and she says that you don't forget how to do a kick. But I point out that you can definitely lose the flexibility to do it.

At this point someone's taken over the grilling (luckily) but they've been getting bored over at the party so one of the organizers has decided it would be fun to shackle me and watch me try to escape. To help convince me, he's arguing that the key for the handcuffs will be tied to the rig in case I can't escape. But it's tied right in between the cuffs on a very short cord, so there's no way I'd ever be able to get at it. So I'm trying to subtly evade this and he's dragging these chains around and I'm also trying to find the little blonde I want to hook up with. Then we wound up at some other picnic area with a less amoral girl I was also interested in and her little sister(?) This doesn't seem like an appropriate place for this kind of activity so I quickly move along. The guy with the shackles eventually shows up and apologizes. And it looks like he's been lightly stabbed in the face a couple times as the reason he's decided to apologize--although he won't explain this.

And that's about it. The dream kind of tapers off into waking up at that point. I think I did manage to track down the little blonde again and she was still up for fun, but of course we never got around to it.

The Question

Eternal
Been having dreams lately about traveling to and/or just having traveled to a fairly decent city in the southwest. Not generally Arizona, seems more like New Mexico. Now, I don't believe in premonition or any of that new age-y shit, but after the recurring nightmares about being stuck in BFE, followed by actually being stuck in BFE, I'm not entirely discounting that I'm trying to tell myself something this time around.

Mirah

I love you
Is this also the nightmare thread?

I woke up to the sound of one of my necklaces falling off the wall, hitting the mirror and the dresser below. omg and then when I turned on the light to look at it I see #Giraffey in the next room and I'm like, "Thats just messed up" he needs to go. So creepy.

The dream was some sort of Lost in Space setting and I had just said somethin to piss a family member off and then there was an explosion-my necklace falling.

And now I don't want to go back to sleep or turn out the lights.

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
I need to read this thread more. I have the same recurring dream in different situations.

I'm always in a theater, or a mall with my wife. We always get separated and one of us is always minus a phone, so we can't communicate with each other. If I'm in the theater setting I'm always climbing some scaffold that ends in an impossibly high place where if I move I'll fall. Then somehow I get out of there and am in a mall. The mall always turns into me finding my vehicle outside the mall and then when I'm finally driving I end up on an entrance ramp to a thin, one lane suspension bridge. Or it changes to me being in someone else's house with endless rooms, and I'm always looking for the bathroom because I have to pee.

I try to force myself to wake up at that point, because I know what will happen if I don't.

whisky

Boobie inspector
It's sounds like you are worried about losing your wife.

Had a very boring one about being in an old dusty office full of filing cabinets having to manually look for a files while other people did the same, none of us finding what we were looking for.

whisky

Boobie inspector
Two weird ones last night, in the first I was in my old flat looking down out the window when I saw a car hit a horse, the horse dragged itself screaming on its two front legs until its owner finished it off with a shotgun, then he went and shot the driver and passenger of the car, and two cops who had shown up, that's when he looked up and saw me, as he headed for the flat I grabbed a knife before he could get to my floor, but woke before he got there

Later I was reading bingo numbers at a school, but the numbers were progressively harder to make out, as some were on biscuit wrappers full of text and numbers anyway, and some of the numbers where in the billion range.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Another variant of the military occupational school dream this morning. In the dorm/barracks. It's like, finals so we should be cleaning out our rooms, turning in gear, and packing our stuff to go to our duty assignments. My roommate has already made a dent in this, but I do see he's still got some stuff in the room. I'm trying to get going on mine, but I also have some papers or other work that is still due that I need to get done. Nothing much else exciting happens. Except that my roommate isn't anyone from the military, it's a kid who lived near me and rode the same bus as me from 5th grade to graduation. Oh, and then there was a kind of "Top Gun" karaoke bar all the Marine officers from the school would hang out at and one of the female officers named Jane got up and did "Sweet Jane" by the Velvet underground and the whole bar sang along on backing vocals and she'd get this shit-eating grin every time the entire bar would sing "sweet Jane" back at her. (This was just some random girl and not anyone I knew from anywhere in the Jane role.)

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Interesting dream last night. Storms in the area. No power when I got home. Next door neighbors on the right had power, next door neighbor on the left did not. Power came up for about 20 minutes--long enough to have a cocktail with ice and a cherry without breaking the insulation of the fridge doors. Power stayed off until between 5 and 10:30am. Luckily it was warm last night. I mention all this because I remember it flavored the dream, but I forget exactly how.

So. I'm going to some big seasonal gathering in some kind of amalgam family home. It was a little bit my parent's, my gramma's, my aunt's, and maybe one cousin's. And I think there was a storm that prevented some of the people from coming. People eventually showed up later and there was discussion about how everyone's...whatever the event was, Christmas? I dunno...event went wherever they got to have it. One group showed up with this girl I'd always have a crush on--at least in the dream. Thinking back on it, she was kind of a combination of a girl I had a crush on in 4th grade and one from high school. I wanted to tell her how I felt but couldn't ever find an opportunity. Eventually everyone started going...inside? I guess. I was going to follow, but some kinky people decided they were going to tie me up for a performance. All this is going on and I'm dreading that someone from the family will go by and recognize me. Then that part just kind of went away and the scene ended and everyone was coming up and giving me stickers and little trinkets and such and telling me how much they'd enjoyed the show.

Very odd.

The Question

Eternal
I haven't had anything particularly lengthy or terribly coherent to relate lately. One snippet I recall from the past few days is skiing down a mountain while being chased by Russian college co-eds -- except the whole dream was playing out like a video game, so whenever I'd see one of them getting too close, I'd huck a snowball at her and knock her off her skis into the snow. Fuckin' weird but overall quite entertaining.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
The significant part of this morning's dream is that I was some kind of duty officer for some big bank tower. In addition to whatever my regular job was, it was my turn for the month to come in and keep an eye on things for the next 12 hours, and keep a logbook to hand off to the next duty. For some reason the lobby area was up on the 2nd or 3rd floor and there was a loud noise outside. There was a gang of robbers or something down in the plaza out front and about the same number of cops. The cops had already shot at least one of the robbers and were in the process of chasing down and rounding up the rest. I was trying to decide if helping out was part of my job or just noting the time and details of the event in the log. Meanwhile, someone in street clothes comes over to the window (next to me) and is getting his pistol out to go help out. Somehow I know he's some kind of security guard and I tell him to just let the cops handle it because the shooting seems to be over and at this point just introducing a strange new person with a gun is more likely to make matters worse. Besides, I think he was planning to just shoot out the window and start shooting people from up where we were.

There was also another dream where I was visiting my Mom and one of my front upper teeth was suddenly loose. Since there was no way to get to a dentist right away, she got me some sugar to take and then some kind of gelatin film that I was supposed to put over the tooth so it would melt onto the loose tooth and "cap" it.

whisky

Boobie inspector
I was a detective hunting a serial killer at a seaside, running up and down stairs that were like Escher stairs, I finally confront the guy and for some reason he is just a head, he says my son's name menacingly, and I caved his head in with a glass jug

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
I was a detective hunting a serial killer at a seaside, running up and down stairs that were like Escher stairs, I finally confront the guy and for some reason he is just a head, he says my son's name menacingly, and I caved his head in with a glass jug
Sounds like he should've quit while he was a head.

whisky

Boobie inspector
Not a great nights sleep last night, one dream I do remember was going to a school the age I am now, and having to sit an exam with no preparation, and getting so stuck on the first question that I was still trying to work it out when I woke up, about three explorers on a planet, one of who had to apologize for kissing one of the others, and the question was who scored first?