DREAM THREAD Part Pi.Pi!

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Dreamed I had sex with not one but two girls last night. Nothing particularly interesting or entertaining about the dream itself, but my subconscious always cock-blocks me in dreams--ringing phone, knock at the door, whatever--that actually scoring was noteworthy. Now if I'd just had to shoot some people too--and the gun actually worked and had the right ammo--it would've been unprecedented.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Woo, doggy. Last night (or more accurately, this morning) was a freakin' gold mine. Didn't really want to get up at 7:45-ish--even though technically, I should've had plenty of sleep. Then I remembered my rule that, if I didn't have to get up, I could keep snoozing as long as I kept having dreams during the snooze. And I sure did.

But first a dream from around 3 or 4am: Ask and ye shall receive. I'm doing some kind of cosplay or something at some Old West town. I'm a little chilly or something, but I don't want to wear some kind of coat or duster that will make me look like a gunfighter. Besides, I don't have a hat to go with it. I'm going about my business--whatever that is--and a car pulls up and a woman gets out and goes into the saloon. She's asking the barkeep fishy questions about if he feels safe with all the money in the till and people walking around with guns. At this point I realize I'd taken off my gunbelt when I was sitting at a nearby outdoor table. So I quickly but nonchalantly walk back there and luckily it's still there. I'm trying to buckle it on as I'm headed for the bar but I've got a big hunting knife on my belt and I'm trying to figure out how to have the gunbelt under the knife. All the while the woman has a bottle in her hand that she looks to be trying to unobtrusively get a good grip on. But then she must've put the bottle down because there's a metallic sound when she clobbered the bartender, like a tin cup or a coffee pot for camping. At this point I just grab the gun and let the belt drop and she turns to face me. I shoot and miss. And I'm pretty sure now she has a gun and shot too. So I'm trying to calm myself and aim the next shot and she beats me to the next shot but there's a *click*. So I take my time and make sure I hit her when I shoot again.

On waking, this seemed a little cold-blooded, shooting an unarmed woman. But on thought, there was nothing stopping her from closing the distance and clobbering me like she did the bartender. For that matter, her revolver may have still been loaded and just hit an empty cylinder or a weak primer and the next time she fired, it might fall on a live round. So I was fairly justified in shooting her as she'd tried to kill me, apparently. Oddly enough, I've never fired a Colt single action army, so maybe in dreams I need to stick to unfamiliar guns--or Alec Baldwin scenarios.

Anyhow, the morning dreams were completely unrelated to that--but linked together with each other by weird dream logic. Got the weird run-down school housing dream. Only this time I've got a (nympho) girlfriend. We're on different bed/mattress things, next to each other in a big dark living room, watching a movie or something with 1-2 roommates nearby. I decide to nonchalantly feel her up, so she starts rubbing my crotch. She starts getting ready for sex, slipping some underthings off, but 1) there are other people RIGHT THERE and 2) I apparently need to use the bathroom and have to get up because I've got stuff I need to do today. The bathroom is really disgusting. And I'm having a conversation with the roommates while I'm brushing my teeth etc. I come back out and the girlfriend is on a little folding camp bed and my big bed/futon/couch is gone. I ask her where it went and she says my roommate said it was his and took it. I'm pissed because it was mine and my roommate (from the Marines, who was a manipulative little sociopath) damn well knew that.

But then it's time for the picnic. So about 6 of us somehow climb onto a 1980s style kid's bike that my friend from 5th grade is pedaling and head to the park. I'm wearing a Captain America T-shirt or something and, because it is the 4th of July or something, a bunch of little kids we see on the way to the park are dressed up as Captain America in homemade costumes, so we're like waving or saluting at each other. We get to the park and everyone piles off the bike, but one of my shoelaces has come untied so I've got to fix that. Meanwhile the dodgeball game has started (or was it volleyball? my brain couldn't decide. There wasn't a net but it seemed to go back and forth). My friend (who is not at all a jock) is annoyed because the game is going and I'm in the way, farting around with my shoe. I finally get my shoe tied and this tall, lanky, tanned blonde girl who is wearing nothing but sunglasses decides to do a flip. It's a wire-work/anime thing--she goes from standing, leaps at least 8' in the air, and forward about 15' to land almost in front of me. I don't know if it was supposed to intimidate me or make me horny or what, but it did. Meanwhile, I'm also thinking maybe it isn't appropriate for my degenerate friends to be going around naked in a public park where kids are watching. So just like that the park has become someone's farm/campground/compound. We're filing into the house for lunch and I'm finally loading up my plate when we hear there's skinny-dipping at the pond. And I'm thinking that if the girls are naked, 1) that's just great perving right off the bat but 2) and I'm also naked, maybe one thing will lead to another and I'll get lucky. But no sooner do I get out of the house than everyone's coming back and saying the pond is closed down. It isn't clear why until the sheriff says something about blue-green algae, which of course is serious business.

I don't think there was much beyond that. All told, an entertaining night of dreaming. I suspect it was the 4th of July because it is Christmas Eve IRL. But no one goes to the park for a picnic and naked dodgeball on Christmas.

whisky

Boobie inspector
Technically not a dream but at 5am I woke suddenly and saw a mouse on the bed, I'm sure it was a trick of my mind, it's usually spiders I see. It vanished immediately, but I didn't get back to sleep.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Nothing very exciting. Just a short note: Not a very rewarding night tonight. What dreams I did have were blended into insomnia.

There was one where me and Mom and Dad were road tripping somewhere in winter. Modern SUV of some kind. Mom and I are in the back seat, Dad's in the passenger seat, trying to get the infotainment system to give him a compass or map or something and I'm like "WHO'S DRIVING THE CAR?!" He claims he's driving, but won't explain how he's driving from the passenger seat. I thought maybe it was an English car or something but there was definitely no wheel on the right side. Can't remember if there was one on the left or not.

The other snippet, somehow I had one of those old gold plastic spring-loaded repeating toy pistols from childhood. I had the Rayline "tracer" gun that fired little disks while my brother had the "Zebra" gun that fired plastic BBs. The one from the dream was a sort of combination of the 2. And then it had a dust cover like an AR-15. This is silly IRL, because the dust cover is to protect the ejection port and a gun that fires projectiles using a spring is not going to have any spent cases to eject. Anyhow, while I'm handling the thing, it has developed a stock like a rifle and I'm realizing the stock is constructed such that it has hidden compartments. I'd just figured out how to get the compartments to pop open and was going to see what (if anything) was in them when the alarm went off and woke me up.

I was so pissed that I just shut it off; didn't even hit the "snooze" in the hope of getting back into that dream, but no luck. It was gone. Wound up oversleeping by over 2 hours before I realized the snooze wasn't going off.

whisky

Boobie inspector
Mixed bag with this one, me and my wife got to be freinds with Kevin Smith and his wife, and they took us on holiday to Italy, I went for a walk and on the horizon I could see a volcano explode, I took a picture on my phone as it seemed so far away as to not be a danger, then I saw two mushroom clouds erupt, then two more, and I knew Italy was being attacked with nuclear weapons, I was wondering if the town I was in would be the next to be hit, or if I would get hit by the blasts from the other four, but woke before I could find out.

Mirah

I love you
I just dreamt about a huge fluffy bug. I am sure it is an omen. I must look it up.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Didn't write this down soon enough, so we'll see how much of it I remember.

Pretty simple and straightforward dreams. Dreams about risking and being disappointed.

Dreamt I agreed to let someone live in my house. But they didn't keep up their end of the deal. And they turned the place into a pig-sty.

Yeah. There were other dreams in this vein. But apparently that's all I remember.

Mirah

I love you
I had the best dream about my mom
She was being thrown a huge birthday party
everyone was there
the military even did a fly over for her
It was one of the sweetest happiest dreams I think I've ever had.

whisky

Boobie inspector
I was at my mum's flat, she was there and so was my brother, mum kept reminding me not to forget my dad's birthday ( it's in a few days and I am the only one who remembers now) but people kept ringing up and knocking on the door interupting my time wit them. Eventually I left and went down in the lift, which had a big mirror inside. I noticed I had a big price of toilet paper in one eye, I kept trying to pull it out but it kept leaving bits in, then I woke.

whisky

Boobie inspector
We were driving home and saw hundreds of squirrels, then we came home to a big house full of TVs, and we had a dog, and my father in law was Richard Antinborough Jurassic park era.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
It's looking like I've figured out my insomnia. And I've been having noteworthy dreams again but I've been forgetting so much of them that there isn't enough to comment on here. One snippet from this morning: I was in some kind of woodworking class. We got to the lab part of it and I'd gotten my lumber organized and marked up but I had to wait in line to use the big saw. The people at the saw had finished cutting but then they were monkeying around with organizing pieces and/or fitting the together at the saw station. Once they finally got moving the next group didn't actually know what they were doing, so they were figuring out their cuts and what to do at the station. (Incidentally, everyone else in the class were working in teams and I was working alone.)

Mirah

I love you
Dream from my nap which I just woke up from moments ago.
Something about me being the only one home, my mom going out and looking great and there was a ghost downstairs-which I could see what it was doing, but not the ghost itself. It was a split level and it was throwing stuff up to the upstairs and I was argueing with it. Then I was sleeping with 2 cats in the bed and wanting to cuddle with them, but one of them got up.
AND THEN I was on a roller coaster-or watching a roller coaster which was at a school football event and the people on the roller coaster could see someone on the field who wasn't supposed to be there and a bunch of people were going to get hurt so they were trying to alert everyone on the field and in the stands only no one could hear them but then everyone saw it anyway and then I was on the field and going through all of these haunted house rooms filled with snacks and stuff and each room the people kept making ma laugh then I woke up.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Dream fragment:

There's a little ceiling fan on the front (enclosed unheated) porch. Didn't really work when I got the house. You could hear the motor hum and sometimes the blades might even turn very, very slowly--like, you'd get bored and shut it off again before they even made a full rotation. Not that it matters because the main purpose of the front porch is to serve as an insulation layer for the front door and the front bedroom window. Eventually I got around to fixing it. After taking it apart at various points to look for problems, "fixing" it eventually entailed cleaning the heck out of the shaft and then hosing it down with Liquid Wrench, followed by Break-Free CLP.

Well in the dream I switched it on and it failed catastrophically. Like flew apart. And I was like "shit. Why'd I even turn it on? I don't even use it. It looked fine. Now I gotta get a new fan or a light fixture or something."

Only reason it bears mention is that it was one of those dreams that are so real that it takes a little time after you've woken up to realize it didn't happen. I was waking up and mentally adding doing something with the fan to my list of things that need my attention and I was like "wait, when did this happen? Shoot, that was a dream, wasn't it?"

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Had one last night and one the night before.

Friday night I dreamed I had COVID--or some other bed-rest disease--along with some undefined black celebrity; either an athlete or a musician, it wasn't defined. At one point we were driving cross-country in a big old car but later we wound up at some...I dunno, like an AirBnB or something, where we had to rest and recover. There was more to it, but I've forgotten it. Forgot all about it until last night's dream.

Last night I had to assemble some kind of device and create the documentation for it. We were working in a big messy hotel room. There was some kind of control device that was...it may have been inspired by my Rubik's Cube, because it was some kind of block and it was white on one side and assorted bright colors on the other sides. The white side plugged into a socket on a larger machine. I had other stuff I wanted to do but I had to help with this. The person I was working with left and I was supposed to finish up the work and/or draw diagrams and illustrations. So as soon as the other guy left I got in bed to take a nap or went to work on something else that I wanted to do. But then I had to go to the bathroom so I went to lock the door and instead unlocked the door, because when I turned the button, some guy who was standing outside immediately opened it and came in to "help me along" with the work. So now I had to act like I was busy and interested and people kept checking up on me and it was hard to explain how I was working on what I was supposed to be doing when I was in one of the beds. Finally this guy left and I was supposed to do a picture of the control device or whatever it was. Out of stubbornness I absolutely refused to, instead coloring or doodling or something. But I realized the art supplies they'd left for me were pretty nice. And that it would be hard to explain if I used them up and didn't have the drawing for them, so I decided to get all the documentation together and start working on it. But since the hotel room was a pig sty, I decided I was going to tidy it up a bit. At this point I realized that the room must have been used by the hotel for storage (and/or maybe a lost & found). There stacks and stacks of assorted clothes hangers piled on top of a cabinet and trying to tidy them up just made a bigger mess. Then over by the bathroom there were piles of shoes and Christmas decorations. Eventually I gave up and decided to just get to work. But of course that's about when I woke up. This was all pretty obviously related to this stupid job I got roped into doing for my friend.

The Question

Eternal
Some while ago, I had a dream about a callous on my thumb. The dream remains memorable because of what happened next. I don't know how many of you have ever had a condition known variously as, "trench foot," "boot rot", or whatever else it may be called, but on a cross country trip via bus in my late teens, I ended up with a pretty serious case of it. (That's by way of putting this dream into context.)

In the dream, I was just attending to normal activities, totally unremarkable. The disconcerting thing was that the callous on my thumb was growing in size and severity. I continued to do my best to ignore it, going about other things, until the callous detached along one edge. So, without thinking about it first, I started to peel the callous off.

Well, this is where that context above comes into play; rather than being just A layer of rough, dead skin, almost all the layers of skin peel off, leaving this massive swath of very pink, very... moist brand-new skin on my thumb, while I'm holding what feels like at least a few ounces of dead tissue between the thumb and forefinger of my other hand.

This wasn't scary, per se, or a gross-out of the 'face peel from Poltergeist' variety. It was just... ew. Ugh. I remember waking up while still trying to find someone to throw the dead thumb-stuff at.

whisky

Boobie inspector
I was at an airport checking in to get on a plane, I didn't have any luggage or carry on, when they asked me why, I said I was just going to buy more clothes when I got there.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Dreamed I was about to wrap up grad school. They made us do some...as I type this, I'm remembering other parts...they made us do some final project of some kind of municipal splash pool. But it also had a kind of "Hell's Kitchen" reality show vibe, like the students weren't really in charge like we were supposed to be and the guy actually running it was a dick. There were at least 2 other unrelated pools. We started the project at the first pool and at the end of the day we were supposed to meet back at the pool. So we're there but the guy isn't so we're just kind of milling around, figuring out what to do when he's like hollering at us from *another* pool and asking why we assumed we were meeting at the *same* pool.

But we got it done. And since we'd had to appoint a leader, we all got together and decided to name the pool after her--but it was going to be a surprise. This was apparently a big problem with the university, so the bigwigs ambushed her about it and she played along and they were able to trap her as lying with that. So when we get to the dedication they announce that she won't be graduating because of this. For some reason I have a towel or something wrapped over my eyes at this point but I've decided to confront the bigwigs on this, say it's BS, and I can't speak for anyone else but I'm renouncing my diploma (having the benefit of knowing how worthless my diploma has bee, apart from the actual knowledge I gained while getting it). I can't remember if anyone else joined in, but I do remember the university bigwigs looked like some kind of Clive Barker horror movie characters.

Then--not really a dream--as I was waking up, I managed to think it was Wednesday and then Thursday--really anything but Tuesday apparently. I also had a dreamlet that I'd gotten a kitten the night before and forgotten all about it so it meant it had probably peed on things during the night. It took a few minutes to realize this was impossible and the kitten was just a dream.

whisky

Boobie inspector
Dreamed I was about to crawl through a sewer pipe, felt so claustrophobic that I immediately woke at 3, took me an hour to get back to sleep.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Just a weird little snippet last night: I had some kind of meeting/interview in what I think was supposed to be Minneapolis in the evening. For some reason my parents were waiting outside for me in their car. We were all set to head back to their place in nearby Wisconsin when I realized I didn't have my car keys. I caught them before they drove away and Dad had them. I guess they fell out of my pocket in Mom's car at some point. But for some reason I got in the car to get them and Mom started to drive off. And for some reason, rather than have them bring me back to my car I just had them slow down and I jumped out like in a TV dectective show to walk the few blocks back to my car. It was after dark in a sketchy industrial district and the warehouse/yard and, while the weather was warm, they were loading Christmas trees into the trucks. I considered making small talk with the nearby workers about the lead time for getting products to market but I decided to just head back to my car instead.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Snippet dream this morning: Young, in the military, out drinking with a bunch of other officers and we're making a procession from one place to another. First guy in line holds the door for everyone (but somehow winds up second in line at the next door, a few feet later). Girl who is now first in line does NOT hold the door so everyone gives her a hard time and laughs that the other guy is going to wind up holding the door *again*. I'm 3rd in line so I grab the door and tell the other guy to keep going. Then, apparently I'm organizing things, so everyone starts handing me credit cards and cash and stuff, which, for some reason, I'm sticking in a kind of trucker wallet/day planner/women's handbag wallet that isn't mine. I'm not terribly good with being stuck with all this responsibility so someone takes it off my hands. And then it gets bobbled around to a few other people. I realize I'm still responsible for it and now I have no idea where it is so I grab the last guy I saw with it. He says he doesn't know anything about it and tells me it's a bummer I lost it. So I stop him and frisk him down but don't find it. I'm trying to think what to do next and remember he had this even bigger planner/portfolio notebook folder that I saw it getting stuffed into so I start after the group. Next time we get to a branch in the path, he's last in line (before me) and I see him check his folder, look around to see if he's missed, and head off in another direction. He heads out the front door (at this point it's a big neoclassical museum/courthouse building) and down the big front steps. I'm closing on him, walking faster but he notices me and starts walking faster. When I call for him to stop he starts to run so I chase him. I'm getting ready to tackle him when the dream ends.