DREAM THREAD Part Pi.Pi!

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
I probably don't look like him (I have a tail for one thing.)

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Are you the Mystery Monkey of Tampa Bay, Captain? :marathon:

Love Child

One Love
I had a couple of quick nightmares while dozing off in my chair last night.

In one, I was cooking some food in the kitchen of my childhood home. In the dream I wasn't a child, maybe a younger adult or possibly my current age. Something went wrong with one of the dishes, and then I turned around and my parents were there, and my mother was angrily scraping all the food I was preparing out of their pans & bowls and dumping it into strange places like the breadbox. It seemed unfair because only one small part of the meal went wrong. So I started yelling, STOP WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS but it felt like only air was coming out. At that point I woke up and my throat felt a little sore, so I'm not sure if I actually yelled that in my sleep or if I tried but only air came out for real.

A little while later I dropped off again, and I was in my childhood bedroom, and suddenly a big stocky man wearing a vest and a bowler pushed into my room and closed the door behind him and approached me menacingly. I instantly thought he was there to either kill me or rape me, and I started scrambling to escape. At that point I woke up, and I was kicking my feet under my desk, and I had kicked the cabinet next to it and knocked a couple of things off.

After that I never really went to bed. So I'll be sleepy all through work tonight. AGAIN.

I hate those kind of dreams/nightmares where you don't want to fall asleep after.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Not much detail, I'm afraid, but kind of a "Jaws"/"Alien" motif last night. Something had damaged something (or damaged someone?) and the only way to fix it was to put it into the very habitat that the malevolent/destructive entity thrived in. It all seemed like a very bad idea, but there was no other option. So we're scanning for it and trying to be on the lookout.

Later there was some kind of big submarine battle (I feel like we were in the ocean at night in the earlier part of the dream, but this may or may not have been related). I was in diving gear and had to board one of the subs to confirm something. But when I wanted to leave and go back to my sub they pointed out that, because of the depth we were at, I'd die now that I'd been exposed to the atmosphere of the sub if I went back in the water. We went on our way. Some divers and/or subs may have had to be left behind.

For various reasons I've been watching a lot of the old "The A-Team" series and while I can't remember any elements of that in this dream, I feel like it has been impacting some of my recent dreams.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
I could not stop dreaming about work last night to the point of waking up and not knowing what was real.
OMG I did that the night before last -- I dreamt I did things at work and posted things on the internet, and when I woke up I was paranoid and checked my files and the places I dreamt I was posting to make sure I hadn't done it for real. I need a vacation.

Love Child

One Love
Wow!

I am going to sleep now.
I will try to remember my dreams and post about ALL of them!

I just watched/listened to a program about dreams on Netflix. Especially interesting was the part about lucid dreaming and some historical information about dreams that were recorded.

whisky

Boobie inspector
One again I dreamed my house was much bigger and I found a secret stairway to a whole new floor, up there was an empty restaurant and two men running a jewelry shop, when I pointed out their shop was in my house they told me the shop and everything in the till was mine.

Also later on I dreamed I had to go work with the IT department at work, despite having no skills in that area.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
"Have you tried turning it on and off? Is everything plugged in? What color is the little light by the jack? How many lights do you see on the modem?"

90% of IT.

Anyway, I've been having cool dreams, but not retaining most of them. Had a neat one today but couldn't remember it to save my life this morning.

Mirah

I love you
One again I dreamed my house was much bigger and I found a secret stairway to a whole new floor, up there was an empty restaurant and two men running a jewelry shop, when I pointed out their shop was in my house they told me the shop and everything in the till was mine.

Also later on I dreamed I had to go work with the IT department at work, despite having no skills in that area.

I wish you could have that first dream again and find more secret rooms and have a really awesome restaurant.

The Question

Eternal
I had one last night where I was exploring a house I lived in as a teenager, and randomly Gillian Anderson (in her late 20s/early 30s, not her present age) would come up behind me and nibble on my ear at random. Except it wasn't erotic, it was quite annoying.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
OOH! Remembered last nights! OK. Still don't remember 99% of it, but 1% came back. I had to do a book report on a business book. Problem was, I couldn't for the life of me remember any business books I'd read. I knew I'd read some, but I kept remembering military books. "Art of War"? Sure. I guess you could call that a business book, but really, not really. "Attacks" by Rommel? Not business. "A Bridge Too Far"? "Pegasus Bridge"? "The Killer Angels"? All great books. But not business books. Then, like, 15 minutes before I was supposed to wake up, I remembered "The Goal." I don't know if I remembered "Good to Great" too; definitely, I didn't remember "The Smartest Guys in the Room" (The book about Enron). But it didn't matter. "The Goal" is pretty awesome. And an excellent business book if you want to appear brainy.

I also kept coming up with tech books. The anachronistic "Newton's Telecom Directory" or "TCP/IP Networking: Volume I" Not really business books.

And yes, I have dreams about being up against deadline to turn in a book report that I didn't do the reading for and have to BS. Sad? Maybe. I dunno.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Tonight, as I've started doing, I woke up a bit after 3 and couldn't get back to sleep. Eventually I did, only I dreamed I still couldn't get to sleep. After awhile I realized I was asleep because instead of being in my house I was in some kind of dorm/frat house place. And this is how my brain cock-blocks me:

I'm talking with this cute girl in one of the bedrooms and I can tell she digs me so I'm going to make a move when my Dad stops by to visit. Since he's been dead for almost 20 years, it would be rude to chase him off, so I make small talk with both of them. Finally, I realize my only hope with this girl, who's clearly digging me, flirting with me, and making innuendos, is to unobtrusively get my dick out while my back is to my Dad. Unfortunately, I thought of this about 30 seconds too late and she's gone back into the living room. At this point my Dad is apparently gone again, as he is really no longer needed. At any rate, I've decided to just go full Naked Man. I get under the covers but with the door open so the next time she walks by she can see me. So of course I never see her again. There's some blonde dude that has the same complection as her that I almost flash. Then some random girl I don't know. Ever time I think it's her, it turns out to be someone else so I keep crouching in the bed and waiting.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
I dunno if the secret to remembering dreams is to write them down or that I'm just remembering more of my dreams lately and that's why I'm writing them down. I kind of suspect the former.

Anyhow, there's assigned sleeping arrangements and I'm supposed to share a bed with 3 hot girls. One of the girls is hogging the half of the bed I'm supposed to share with her, so I climb on top of her and we start fooling around. For various reasons, she doesn't want to go all the way but we keep fooling around. Just about the time I think she's going to go down on me, she has to leave to go to some kind of Carnival/Fantasy Fest party. She can't get the top she picked out to go on right, but I think I see how to do it so I go to help her. Of course then that top is gone and the 2 that are laying on the bathroom sink counter (it's a hotel room or something) aren't anywhere near as interesting.

During this phase of the dream I was also faced with the lifelong conundrum of, if you pick someone to hit on and you're not making any progress, can you get away with transitioning to one of her friends? I feel like it is a no-win situation, because she has the perception that she's the fall-back plan (which I guess is true).

So the dream moves on. Now we're in some smaller commercial plane. I've been watching a lot of "The A-Team," so the plane/scenario is pretty much from that. We had to land at an alternate runway in a terrible part of town and we have to abandon the plane as soon as we're on the ground because we immediately start taking fire. Someone explains that it is just safer to leave the plane and come back later (don't ask why, it's dream logic). We do try to get the plane back, but every time we show up, we get shot at and have to leave again.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Tonight's was fairly boring. Somehow, I got dragged back into the military and was immediately assigned to be officer of the day (OOD). Got there when I was supposed to report, but couldn't find my cover (hat). I had some, but not for the uniform I was wearing. And I didn't have the uniform for the hats I had (or it was an obsolete uniform). While I'm rummaging around for this, it turns out the entire battalion is already there for some kind of muster so eventually I just sit down at this table--late, and start writing down...something. Later, the boss comes by and isn't annoyed that I haven't reported as OOD yet and instead compliments me on my note-taking. By now I've been informed that the outgoing OOD is making inspection rounds and I need to meet her for the hand off of duties. But first it is back to looking for a hat. I fail, of course. But somehow, I don't get into any trouble for completely screwing up.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Lately I've been waking up around 3:30am and being unable to get back to sleep for some time. It's a mix of hot weather, a dirty furnace/AC filter, getting old and a few other things. The worst was last night, when I gave up and screwed off on the computer for 2 hours or so until my lungs settled down.

Tonight was cooler and I'd changed the filter and managed to sleep until 6:45--and get right back to sleep after waking up and sleep until the alarm went off. Even hit snooze a couple times before I had to get up to do stuff today. Still wiped out though, which is funny because I didn't feel particularly tired yesterday.

Anyhow I've got an important meeting for lunch and a big decision to make so of course I had a pair of cautionary dreamlets during the snooze alarm.

The first was quite scary. I've got an X-Acto knife in the kitchen cupboard for any fine cutting I need to do. There's a cork stuck on the end of the blade. Often, because I'm working on something and have at least one hand full, I'll put the cork in my mouth and stick the blade into the cork with my other hand (there's already a slot the blade fits into, so it is less dangerous than it sounds). Somehow, in my dream, the blade was about the size of a utility knife blade, and round like a pizza cutter, and it wasn't attached to anything--like using a razor blade to cut paper. As I was putting the blade back into the cork, somehow the whole thing slipped into my mouth. So I'm trying not to panic and cut the hell out of the insides of my mouth before I can delicately fish it out. I also realize that if I inhale, I'm in danger of swallowing this razor sharp blade.

The second was more mundane and annoying. I was out working on something in front of my garage and this big fat passive-aggressive guy ambles up with a notepad in his hand. I get the feeling he's some kind of Code Enforcement thug. Sure enough, he starts in with "I noticed you had an extension cord out on your driveway the other day..." I explain I was working on something that needed electricity and I put the cord away when I was done. He says something snarky about no GM car he's ever seen requires an extension cord. This doesn't really have anything to do with anything and I'm trying to figure out what he's talking about--all while trying to be polite and obsequious enough to talk my way out of a ticket.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
2 parts today. Don't remember, really, *any* detail from the first dream, so it's pretty boring. But the second...

First dream was just these hatches. For whatever reason I was using/designing polygonal doors--hexagon, square, triangle, etc. They were spring-loaded or operated by gravity or whatever. The opening they were sealing was the same shape and large enough that the hexagon would fit through it. Then you rotated it so the corners didn't line up and lowered it back against the opening. We were trying to find the shape that worked best. A hexagon seemed like it didn't have enough surface on the corners to hold securely but a triangle, you couldn't get the hole to be covered. Thinking about it now that I'm awake, you'd still have that problem with the hexagon--or any other shape. By definition, if you have an opening and a shape that fits through the opening and then you rotate the shape so it no longer fits through the op

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
Had one of those really long evolving dreams. Started off in school (again) and I was answering the wrong questions on a test and was worried or something. Then the teach told me it was fine and they were going to have an election to determine the most popular person in class. Umm, sure. Then, somehow, I was at the cinama with my friends from school watching a Spider-Man movie. Robert Downey Jr. had been digitally de-aged and I told my friends how impressive it was. Then a girl stood up and started singing during the movie. I was annoyed and told her to shut up. Then we get the results of the election and that girl had been voted most popular person. So I thought maybe I'd got her wrong. Then me and my friends were going down an incredibly long staircase trying to find a place to pee. Then we peed in sinks, I think? Then I admitted I liked the singing girl. They peed on the floor in front of me.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Another 2 parter. Forgot it most of the day and somehow a figment of it popped back this afternoon and I was able to recover more with concentration.

Part 1, I was, like, in an alternate Earth childhood home. My parents were both alive and younger than I remember them--like in old Polaroids from when I was little age--and we were in the house I was in from 5th grade on and it was furnished like the late 1980s. To be fair, it was furnished pretty much like it was in the late '80s well into the 21st century, but I digress. For some reason, instead of having 2 men in their late 40s, my parents had, like, a 6 year old girl. But I feel like they knew who I was.

I've been watching a lot of "A-Team" reruns, which I suspect played an important in Part 2. For that we had this girl we needed to switch onto the flight crew of a jetliner. I think she was a pilot, but she was dressed like a stewardess. We made the switch in the jetway. Don't know what came of it, though.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Got to get this one down before I lose it.

There's some kind of church/community event, back in the town where I grew up. Somehow I got wrangled into helping out by writing up tickets and certificates and such. Of course I suck at it. I think I've got 2 awards left but I don't know the names of the recipients and no one is around to tell me (or something). I can *see* the "Best Quarterback" standing there, waiting for his name to be called, but I can't write up the thing. Finally I find his prize, which is a rubber snake, but the MC has left. I catch up with him in the parking lot and he says he might as well go back but gives me the stinkeye when I say I also don't have the certificate written up yet. Thankfully, at this point someone gives me the kid's name, but while I'm trying to write it the other volunteers, friends, and relatives keep pestering me that I screwed up the counts on the voting and they're going to be appealing it. I'm just trying to get this fucking certificate done so I can go home (because the other outstanding one, the person isn't there) but they keep distracting me. Meanwhile a relative of the other recipient says she's there after all and I'm just like "too late, I don't care. Anyway, I'm clearly retarded, so you should just get someone else to do this." "Oh no, you're not retarded. Don't quit. We just need to check your math."

That's about it.