DREAM THREAD Part Pi.Pi!

whisky

Boobie inspector
I dreamed it was the last episode of lost, but instead of ending the way it did, Sawyer just repeatedly hit the bad guy with chairs, which was his only weakness.

The Question

Eternal
That's kinda everybody's weakness.

Mirah

I love you
One way to get me out of bed-
give me wierd dreams that make me not want to go to sleep again.
Ugh

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
A'ight. Had an incredibly involved one last night. Amazingly, almost 12 hours later, I remember large chunks of it.

My dreams seem to break into acts. And they're a little like an anthology series or something, where there's only a loose relation between acts. In the start I was part of a group of castaways. Or explorers. Or explorer/castaways. We landed on this island. And there was a white person there. We said we were there with the XYZ expedition and he said we should get out of there as fast as we could, because the governor of the island was posing as XYZ and if he found us, he'd kill us to protect his cover.

Then some things happened and a bear was murdered. The bear was married. Possibly to a human woman. I can't remember. At any rate, it was pretty damn important we brought the murderer to justice so the bears wouldn't take matters into their own hands. So we worked the case and caught the killer. And all the bears passed by in an entourage(?) to pay their respects.

OK. Maybe that wasn't as involved as some of my dreams I've posted here. Or I forgot more of it than I realized.

The Question

Eternal
Last one I had, I had ordered some shit off Amazon and it was like a year later and I was still checking my bank account waiting for Amazon to take my money and ship the shit. I think it was a keyboard and mouse or something. I didn't even have the computer that shit was for, anymore, but it was the principle of the thing, so I was all Captain Ahab about them not taking my money and shipping my shit.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Damn. I had last night's dream in my brain as late as when I logged on here. But in the time it took to read the 4 or so threads that have been posted in this dingy wasteland, it faded.

I will say I had an A and B dream again. But unlike a concert or a double feature, the better dream happened first and the weaker dream happened in the morning. They were essentially the same dream and they were about my current job--which precludes me getting on here and fucking off, writing about my dreams.

Right now I'm collecting data for a list [at work]. And both my dreams revolved around trying to get a bunch of stupid people to do what they needed to do to stay alive/make progress--and my struggles to get them to do it.

whisky

Boobie inspector
I dreamed my face was getting licked by a puppy then a hot girl wanted to cuddle me in bed, then my wife showed up wanting to know what I was doing, so waking up was the only way out of that awkward situation. Later in another dream I was on a bus, then walking, it just kind of morphed, I heard a plane so I looked up, and there was an excelsior class ship in the sky doing air show style airobatics, then it did a downwards loop too close to the ground and slammed into a field, but did not explode. It was still destroyed though.

Mirah

I love you
The dream started out so nicley!

Last night I dreamt about the person that I just found out passed away the other day. It was actually a peaceful dream.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Wow. Last night's dreams... I hesitate to share them, but 95% of you don't know me, I'll probably never meet 99.3% of you, and even if 10% of you know my real name, I'm guessing none of you would be douche enough to do anything with this--even if there is anything that can be done.

Last night was...odd. Had a weird stuffed up nose for no apparent reason. I may be allergic to Lysol. But that's another story. Had interrupted sleep. The Dog didn't want to go Out until after my alarm had gone off--and 5 minutes before my snooze alarm was supposed to go off. Because I'm a greedy insane bastard I went back to bed to get that last 5 minutes. Then The Cat climbed onto my chest, so I wound up having to sleep another 5 minutes.

And really, after about 4:30, I didn't sleep worth a damn. (Or I did and just *dreamt* that I didn't sleep worth a damn. That has happened before.) Anyways, the dream.

I kind of hoped I'd forget a lot of it, but a surprising amount has remained. I had some kind of arrangement with some kinky sex dominatrix. She was obscenely expensive and shamelessly upselling me. But then she barged into this...party?...I was at and tormented me a bit and told me her friend wanted to be part of our play (apparently we were on even though I know I decided she was way too expensive). But I had to go deposit $500 in her account first. And it *had* to be in foreign currency.

OH! First, a completely unrelated thing: I was on the sidewalk of some Main Street in warm weather and some skinny old biker was bombing up and down the street on a crooked old bicycle that had been retrofitted with an engine. He was riding with a less skinny, less old biker who had an actual motorcycle--although it was also pretty decrepit--and had a refrigerator door strapped to it as...a wind screen? sidecar? I have no idea. This really had nothing to do with anything that I can figure, but I dreamed it.

Anyway, at this point I decide it's on so I steal some scooter/motorcycle and set out to find an ATM. And of course the dominatrix can't just tell me where the nearest ATM that will do what she wants is and for some reason I can't find it on my phone. So I'm just cruising around, looking for a likely place. Eventually I just go to this mall. The mall has a strip joint(?) in it that obviously has an ATM but I'm both too cheap to use a strip joint ATM for a $500 transaction and I seriously doubt that it will be able to transfer funds to another account (that I just realized was never given to me--or was it, she gave me a business card, I think) so I wound up at another bar. Man, this mall sure has a lot of bars! Anyways, this one was more like a Dave and Buster's--a fancy, expensive adult Chuck E. Cheese. I figure this isn't going to be a much better chance than the strip club, but I honestly can't think of a better option. And the clock is ticking. There's another guy looking for an ATM that was also riding around. I decide to follow him unobtrusively. Meanwhile I become aware of a ton of cops. Apparently there's about 3 different raids happening in this bar. Someone's ripping off the ATM or something, someone else is cheating at the games, and there's an employee running a crooked side game. Or something. There's cops all over.

Eventually I just give up and decide whatever awesome kinky thing was supposed to happen--in front of an audience--is scotched at this point, my stuffy nose sucks, and I have gas, and decide to wake up.

whisky

Boobie inspector
I dreamed Ned flanders gave me his house, I didn't see that bit, I was just somehow aware of it, the house had all the furniture and his fridge was completely full of cheese.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Terrible night last night. The first dream was that my dog got fined where I live for some minor clerical thing--wrong registration number on her vaccination tab or whatever. And in my dreams, there's apparently some universal dog crime register, because I was...home? Visiting my parents? And The Authorities confiscated my dog and wouldn't give her back until I paid an exorbitant fine. I'm biting the bullet and willing to just pay whatever--the problem is that they don't have the paperwork. They know they have my dog. They know they want a fine. I want my dog and am willing to pay the fine. But I can't pay the fine until they call my name. And apparently they've lost the paperwork.

Other dreams were variations on this kind of theme--along with brief periods of sleeplessness (and probably at least a few times I was asleep but dreaming I couldn't sleep.)

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Quick note because the dream wasn't particularly interesting, but there was one incredibly specific detail in it that I have no idea where it came from:

So there's this hospital or something. It has more than one building on its campus. And the nurses have, like a mascot: A huge iguana or something, named "Kojak." Kojak hangs out on the desk of the nurses station and sometimes roams the halls. But he was missing. For awhile I think he was in the other building and then somehow he wound up in my(?) house. Because I was going to put him on the back of the couch (which wasn't remotely arranged like my house but realized my cat was there. Awake, I realize the lizard was, like, twice the size of my cat, but I think he was smaller at this point in the dream.

Now that I think about it, like, a lifetime ago, I lived in an apartment that may have been a model for the house in the dream and had a different black cat and my roommate had an iguana. But it was named Gomez, not Kojak.

The Question

Eternal
Had a really strange one last night. I dreamed John Wayne (or one of those Old West type characters played by John Wayne) was trying to shoot me. So I shot him. The setting wasn't Old West, just rural. Like some dilapidated old building on a lot with overgrown grass everywhere. So I pick him off with a pistol, walk over, and search his body, find an AR15. As I'm walking away, he tries shooting me again, which pisses me off, so I start shooting him repeatedly. The reason it stands out is because it was unusually gory. Like, Peter-Weller-Robocop-Alex-Murphy-getting-shot-to-death-scene gory.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Last night's was incredibly easy to read--it was basically the job I'm in now, my last job, and a stint as student governor when I was getting my Masters,' but it is coherent and the production values are pretty good, even if it is a little boring:

I'm working some kind of office job. I have tasks related to my job description, but I also have to organize and moderate this weekly(?) daily(?) teleconference that, while important, no one cares about and everyone blows off. On top of that, about the time I'm getting ready to call into it, my boss always has something that requires my attention and I have to cancel it. Oh, and one time I have to grab an open desk and I'm getting ready to make the call and this guy comes by and tries to kick me out of the desk. I basically tell him to fuck himself but he points out that his name is on the sign on the desk and he's higher on the totem pole than I am. So I write off the meeting yet again and give him the desk. Then I realize this whole thing is pointless and childish and none of the reasons I took it turn out to be valid so I wonder why I'm doing it.

Mirah

I love you
I was feeding some birds in my dream, only I was doing it lying down, in a park on a blanket. I had my arms stretched out. I threw some bread but it didn't make it very far and almost landed in my hair. The bird didn't see where the bread went and proceeded to peck at my head and dig his beak into the back of my skull.
I had a bird on each side of me. My arms stretched out.
I woke up and that is the exact position I was in, laying on my front, arms stretched out and the back of my head did not feel right at all. It is like I was pinching a nerve or something.
I did not sleep well after that.

whisky

Boobie inspector
I was driving, something I can't do in real life, but I kept repeatedly crashing head first into other cars.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
If you read about my dreams to be entertained by the narrative, this post will be boring. Because I don't really remember any details of the dreams. But if you're entertained by what's on my mind and how my subconscious deals with it, hold onto your seat.

I got roped into working on this IT project for a friend. Probably more than a full time job at this point. The Big Day is this weekend. I also just happened to buy a house that I intended to rent out at the same time.

Now, when I was working part time, I had reservations about having enough time to fix up a house to rent out. So, of course, Fate would give me a house to fix up on the same week my friend got approved to hire me for this job. This weekend I almost got all my sanding done so that I could start staining...some time. Not next weekend, because I'll probably spend the Superb Owl on Skype with someone in India, trying to find out why he used the wrong cover sheet for the TPS reports. Meanwhile, the metro council thinks all landlords are Scrooge McDuck, swimming around in his Money Bin, so they're advancing some scheme to force additional paperwork on us. And I don't have enough time to do justice to anything I'm doing on any front.

So tonight's dreams all addressed that--and my brain's response was rebellion and insubordination. I wish I could remember more details, but one of them...I may have been in the military again. And I was fighting over some paperwork. And I realized I should just ignore some of the paperwork. Because when I followed the rules and explained the problem, it just kept them focused on it. If I just blew off the forms and deadlines, they'd get distracted by the latest crisis. Meanwhile, they needed an...an AC cord I think. And they didn't care about my explanations. Then I realized I was in an unattended office with a laptop so I could just steal an AC cord. And since they'd realize the AC cord was missing when the computer ran out of juice, I solved that by stuffing the laptop in a drawer. (which is ironic because right now I have 2 AC cords on my desk because the one for my personal laptop doesn't fit my work laptop.)

So yeah. I actually went to bed stressed out and by morning I was incredibly chill because my brain decided everything was BS and I could just blow stuff off.

On Feb 1 they flip the switch regardless. And I don't want to burn my friend, but I also have to take care of myself and keep from being ruined by not getting this house rented (although I'll still probably be on the phone to India during the Superb Owl.)