DREAM THREAD Part Pi.Pi!

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Woke up around 4:30 due to a combination of a thunderstorm, The Dog's reaction to said thunderstorm, and being thirsty/having to pee/having gas. Eventually edged back to sleep. That's a recipe for a dream. Dreamt someone was doing a TV news story on the 'Rona and the riots. There was some protest march but because of social distancing the organizers were issuing numbers like in a marathon. And one group had all 2, 3, 4 numbers except for 1 who had to wait because he was 115. Then the dream somehow jumped to me and my "partner" who was indistinct and generally female had some kind of treasure map to Blackbeard's treasure. So we're looking out the window of a hotel(?) at the building we need to explore next. People are coming off their shift (dockworkers? deckhands? was it the Port Authority?) and HOLY SHIT, ONE OF THEM IS BLACKBEARD. I mean, he's dressed a bit like Mr. T in "The A-Team" or a rodeo clown, but it's this big guy with a do-rag and a big curly black beard and an evil face. I'm like "I'm out. I'll face the curse of Blackbeard's treasure but not if the curse involves Blackbeard himself. Let him have it." (It never occurred to me that it could just be someone who looks like Blackbeard.)

I grabbed my dog and got the eff outta Dodge. But my partner wasn't deterred and she convinced me we should at least "check the front desk." I left the room in such a hurry I didn't even grab the dog's leash, so we rummaged around on the ground and found an old broken leash, which was kind of pointless because we immediately tucked the dog into some kind of closet/storage room. The front desk wasn't any help and was intentionally snobby to us so she starts shadowing...Blackbeard? I don't know. At this point I'm out so I'm intentionally walking slow and hoping to lose her when some...truck driver?...offers to give me a lift or otherwise help me keep up. But then I remember my dog and have to go back to get her from the closet. At this point the truck driver has become Rodney Dangerfield everyone's view of him is blocked by...traffic? a parade? Well when things clear up the car we thought he was at drives away and we see he's got this broken down junker Columbo car. And that's about when I woke up.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Woke up around 3:30 and once I finally got back to sleep I spent the rest of the night dreaming I couldn't get back to sleep. So I feel *great* right now [/sarcasm]. When I finally was asleep again, I was dreaming I was in some kind of college housing with my brother. One day he'd moved all my stuff around (and it was a mix of stuff I haven't had for over 10 years and stuff I got last year). He said it was because there was a problem with the pipes. Next I'm trying to go to bed but my bed is missing. Because now my Dad is here too and he decided he wanted to sleep on my bed. As the dream went on there were more odd roommates and my Dad just couldn't get comfortable so he kept switching between a beat-up old recliner and my bed. One time when he went back to the recliner I was thinking about stealing my bed back for good, but geez, he's my Dad. And having been dead from cancer for 20 years, I probably should cut him some slack (of course that wasn't in-dream. Dead people are almost always not dead and it makes perfect sense). So anyway, at this point my friend, Penn, from Penn & Teller (or maybe Roger Ebert, from Siskell & Ebert--who was also not dead) said Teller/Siskell (also not dead) was out of town, so I was welcome to come hang out with him. Since his place is pretty cool and much more comfortable and quiet than the crowded crazy place me and my brother were in, I came over to hang out. I don't think I got to take a nap, but that's OK. I wasn't getting any sleep at my place.

When I finally woke up for real, I slept through at least 2 snooze alarms without even being aware of them. Finally just went "seems late," looked at the clock, and realized it was about 15 minutes past when I'd ordinarily get up. I know I had a few mini-dreams during that time, but I don't remember them.

whisky

Boobie inspector
My mum and dad was in a dream last night watching fireworks from the window, he even lifted her up so she could see better. Was nice to see them both again.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
I've mostly given up talking politics on this board, but last night I had a fairly short, very coherent political dream so here goes:

I'm in a room with Hillary Clinton. (I think I was an informant or something.) She takes a call from someone who's blackmailing her or something and she gives him an address to go to to get what he wants. Only the address has an alarm and an armed response and she knows he'll be killed if he goes there. She's on her way out the door to do whatever is next on her nefarious plan when the undercover agent is coming in to arrest her and I give him some kind of wink or sign that it's her and that there's enough evidence to arrest her.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Lately I've been waking up around 2:30 and then having a hard time getting back to sleep. When I finally get back to sleep, I dream I'm still having a hard time getting back to sleep. While I don't strictly consider them "nightmares," last night's definitely had some disturbing elements. I'm also noticing recurring themes in these dreams. As well as the occasional classic dream element.

I was in student government as an undergrad. And we'd periodically go to these other universities for conferences with other schools in the state university system. On the trips, you'd work the rules to make some pocket money--per diem for meals, mileage on cars, etc. In my dream, we were in a town where a friend's family lived (this was all fictionalized for the dream) so we were going to file for staying in a hotel but crash at his parents'. So of course everyone is sleeping in the living room. I think someone got an actual bed. Then I was going to unfold some kind of futon bed and realized they'd gotten a different couch which bothered me at first, but then I realized it also folded down. But at that point I realized that was where my friend (who's parents' house we were in) had planned to sleep. So I wound up looking for a place on the floor to lay down; maybe under the coffee table so I didn't get stepped on in the night.

Oh! Totally forgot. Fairly early in the dream my teeth were feeling funny and loose so I wiggled one and it came out. From then on, it didn't look like a proper tooth. It was more a kind of tooth sized amber lozenge shape. At any rate I didn't want to lose it, so I fitted it back in the socket. But I could feel it was loose and wiggling around so periodically I would take it out and try to get it positioned better. So that's going on along with everything else.

So now back to sleeping arrangements. As I'm getting ready to sleep on the floor, I realize the Dad has a damned fine recliner that is just sitting there with no one on it. Now, spending the night on a recliner isn't really my thing--it somehow seems "wrong--but it sure beats sleeping under the coffee table like a hobo or something. Problem is, every time I try to get on the chair, it lifts up almost to the ceiling and I slip off before I can get settled in. (IRL the Dad from this dream was very protective about "his" chair--but it wasn't a fancy recliner.) Then I realize it's one of those handicapped chairs for people that have difficulty getting out of a chair. I'm trying to find the controls and get settled in when I wake up.

When I woke up I immediately checked the problem tooth and, sure enough, it was a firmly rooted, perfectly normal tooth, but it took me quite some time to get out of my head that this tooth was loose and just sitting in its socket. I've wondered about other senses in dreams but boy, this one had all the senses. I could feel the loose tooth wiggling around in my mouth. I could feel the ache of my gumline around it. It was sore every time I pushed it back into place, trying to get it oriented properly so it would reattach. Very disturbing.

The Question

Eternal
Had a dream that I was sitting on a deck chair next to a pool with Summer Glau on my lap, kissing my forehead and cheeks repeatedly while complaining about her husband. The fact that it was more of a nuisance than a turn-on probably had to do with the fact that she was wearing a pantsuit and blocking my view of fully nude women in the pool.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Last night's, I think involved one of my recurring dream jobs. I was at work and we had some kind of speaker come in for mandatory training. I rested my head on my hands for a second or two and she called me out for being bored or about to fall asleep. I tried to argue with her but of course she was in the position of power so I gave up. Then later on they tapped me for some odd one-off project because I'm the only one at the company that consistently can figure out things where there are no rules or job description. Besides they didn't have anything for me to do on my "real" job so they were just having me file stuff or something.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
The 4:30-ish dream was perhaps too disturbing and revealing to share. Maybe not, I dunno. Don't remember a lot of the details of the 5:30-ish dream, but there was some kind of picnic/demonstration/gathering, like, out in front of my house. Not my real house, but the house I was in for the purpose of this dream. They were using my house for kind of the HQ. Either Robocop was providing security or someone who was cosplaying Robocop (more likely) was. People were setting off fireworks which was bothering my dog. Then this idiot has made a kinid of rocket launcher rack in the door of his car. Say a dozen or more like bottle rockets, but more the size of a fat cigar, all loaded into it. As I think about it, the idiot had them pointing out straight sideways too, so they'd have launched into someone or burned down my house. Well "Robocop" grabs my brand new fire extinguisher and, before the guy can fire the rockets, he empties the whole thing into the car. The guy is pissed of course, so he throws like a bucket worth of firecrackers out into the air. Luckily only a few lit so my dog wasn't too freaked out, but still, I got in the spirit and pulled a big revolver on him. So he pulled a gun on me and neither of us decided we wanted to shoot or be shot so we talked it through.

What the hell, the earlier dream, I had some kind of weird secret powers. I was a little like a vampire, but without all the blood stuff. And I had these two young hot freaky club girl "vampires" with me that I of course wanted to have sex with. So I found this sketchy club/speakeasy to try to break down their inhibitions. I'm working on the organizer/owner and apparently nudity and sex clubs are illegal so we're doing the whole "is it/isn't it" dance about whether anything can happen. I decide to bring the girls and he decides to come along and get them. So at this point they're barreling across a kind of desert/tundra on all fours, running like dogs in their underwear. I've managed to stash a bunch of kinky sex toys at the club. The action starts. For some reason, it has to happen out front, where I assume a police/chaperone kind of thing is watching from nearby. One of the club guys is just about to get to the moment of truth with one of the girls and I'm next so I'm trying to see whether or not sex is allowed...and of course since this is one of my sex dreams, something comes up that requires my attention and winds up taking most of the night. By the time I get back, the girls are gone and the club has a kind of seedy little dance floor with a DJ and a handful of average/slightly attractive get out on the dance floor and dance kind of sexy individually while people at little tables--mostly guys--are watching them. I'm standing in the middle of the floor in a shirt and briefs, trying to figure out if there's any way anything is going to happen and eventually decide to cut my losses and go...wherever I'm going. Home? I dunno.

whisky

Boobie inspector
I dreamed I was in the show, the last shop, and I was being ordered into a suicide mission by the captain who was Edward James Olson for some reason, I kept saying I just work with computers but he browbeat me into doing it.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
This morning I was something like my present age and graduating from some kind of advanced program. We had to put together our "packages" that then...helped us find jobs?...I dunno. They had a row of tables set out on the sidewalk on campus and you went to the one for your last name. Coincidentally a girl I dated way back as an undergrad was working my table. We exchanged pleasantries and then she took my binder and looked it over and said it needed one more form/cover letter thing and showed me a format for it. I said I'd go crank it out. Then I realized it would be easier if I had her template so I went back and grabbed my folder back out of the bin/file box. On the way to a computer, I saw someone had thrown out a typewriter play set so I decided to just use that to crank out the form. Only all the stationary that was with it was completely inappropriate. Eventually I got to my computer(?) but all the paper I had was dirty or wrinkled. I eventually got it done, but then I couldn't find the spot my folder went in. I figured out how to return it--and then some ultra-powerful Marvel movies villain came to kick my ass because of something I'd put on the form they made me add at the last minute.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
OK. Don't remember anything about this dream except one detail that just popped back as I was getting dressed for the day. But that detail was odd enough that I thought I'd mention it.

I was somewhere that I needed cash and I was checking my wallet. Relatively few bills so I might run out of money. But then I realized that, not only did I have a $175 bill, I had two of them! I generally never carry anything as large as a $175 bill IRL--partly because they don't actually exist--so I was trying to think where I got the second one.

By the way, I don't remember who's on the $175 bill. I'm sure he was some 18th/19th century white guy.

The Question

Eternal
Dreamed I was out of this rural-ass shithole and back in Tempe. Closest thing I ever had to a hometown. I didn't have a place to stay there, because in the dream it was still too expensive.

But I was happy, anyway, because with or without a place, I was finally home.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Just remembered a snippet of one from this morning. I was in a house with a kid from junior high school. Wasn't a kid I was particularly friends with, but a decent enough, kind of tough guy kid. The house had been burglarized at some point and as we were hanging out on the main floor we heard noise coming from the finished basement (the house was on a beach, set in a hill, so the basement had a patio door that opened onto the beach). I was like "shhh." and got down some nondescript big semiautomatic pistol that was stacked on top of the refrigerator with all the other handguns. Then we just stood quietly and waited. Eventually this drifter came up the stairs and I was like "*ahem*." Without a word, at this point he turned to go down the stairs and I proceeded to shoot him square in the back. Except the gun wouldn't work. I'm trying to get it to operate and finally pull out the clip to find that it wasn't loaded. IRL I *always* check to ensure a gun is loaded, but I didn't in the dream because I was *sure* it was. By this point he's started to walk back down the stairs so I grab my .357 off the fridge. This time I open it to make sure it is loaded and hurry to the stairs. But by now he's left the house and gone up the beach.

So I head out onto the beach and head off in a direction. There's a group of women doing yoga on the beach and I ask if a tall sketchy older guy in a tan canvas coat has been by because I caught him breaking into my house. They tell me that, yes, he passed by a few minutes ago and say that they hope I shoot him.

Of course he got away and I gave up and woke up.

whisky

Boobie inspector
The other night I dreamt of mile high rabbits made of dust that could eat your soul if you looked at them for more than a few seconds, so we basically had to stay in our house with the curtains closed. I did wonder what we would do when the food ran out.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
OK. This isn't a dream per se, but I think it fits here. You know how you'll hear a noise while you're sleeping or some other stimulus and it becomes part of the dream? I suspect just the opposite is happening to me. I'll dream sounds that I think are real and the partly wake me up--something that sounds like a branch falling or a strange animal noise or some other indeterminate sound that makes me thing something is happening in the Waking World that I should be aware of--usually around morning.

The Question

Eternal
OK. This isn't a dream per se, but I think it fits here. You know how you'll hear a noise while you're sleeping or some other stimulus and it becomes part of the dream? I suspect just the opposite is happening to me. I'll dream sounds that I think are real and the partly wake me up--something that sounds like a branch falling or a strange animal noise or some other indeterminate sound that makes me thing something is happening in the Waking World that I should be aware of--usually around morning.

I've had that happen. On a closely similar note, I've found myself dreaming about taking a piss and, during the dream, the thought occurs to me that, "Oh, fuck, I hope I'm not really pissing myself in the real world..." Then I wake up and, to my relief, find that I haven't -- but that I am indeed about to bust if I don't go tend to that Immediately.

whisky

Boobie inspector
I was on a plane taking off for a holiday, but the plane wouldn't climb, it was at tree top height,.and the same height as my old flat, I waved at the caretaker who was on the roof for some reason, then the plane started dropping again, and we had to land on a road. It didn't blow up or crash, but I guess there was no holiday for me.

Chuckles51

I woke up from a nightmare this morning, I had dreamt that I was being charged with running someone down in my car, am I kept telling them I didn’t do it but they said I was going to be charged for it anyway!!!

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Nothing terribly exciting today. A brief vignette that I forget the transitions and context: For some reason I had to go somewhere in my Marine cammies (which is odd, because Marines wear cammies more like Bruce Wayne wears the bat-suit than they way the Army wears cammies). As I was walking back home I was thinking about how totally different I look in uniform. But then my cover (hat) started giving me trouble. It kept slipping down so I couldn't see and I kept having to reposition it. Then, when I got home my roommate(?) was putting the finishing touches on a load-out for something and was in the 3 color desert cammies (not the modern digital ones). As I was finishing changing back into street clothes I asked him what he was up to and he said we've got the range today (don't know if it was rifle, pistol, or both). I'm a little pissed that he let me change instead of telling me. I was in green instead of desert, but for awhile when they rolled out the digital cammies, you could wear whichever you wanted and be in uniform. Anyway, I ask him when we leave for the range and he throws on his pack and says "right about now," so I'm hosed, because there's no way I could get all my stuff together--even if I had all my stuff and knew where it was--because I don't have a packing list so I'd just have to guess.

The Question

Eternal
I woke up from a nightmare this morning, I had dreamt that I was being charged with running someone down in my car, am I kept telling them I didn’t do it but they said I was going to be charged for it anyway!!!

Well, how much were they gonna charge you? Depending on how much and who you wanted to run down, it might've been a bargain.