Dune Movie

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member

I thought we had a Dune movie thread already, but I DON'T KNOW WHERE IT IS. Anyway, this video has all the latest info about the movie which won't be released until December 2020.

Years ago when they first started talking about this movie being made I wasn't very excited about it, but I am now feeling more optimistic. IT COULD BE GOOD.

Last edited:

Starship Coyote

Original Gangster!
Yeah, I'm really looking forward to this.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
I watched Blade Runner 2049 for the first time recently and it was very good so that gives me some confidence that this can be the serious and beautiful epic we want it to be (same director.)

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member

The first Dune footage has screened. The preview footage was shown to a small group of industry insiders and has already been hailed as "epic." Principal photography wrapped not that long ago and Denis Villeneuve is currently in the post-production phase to prepare the long-awaited movie for release at the end of the year. As for the footage that was shown, it was mixed in with cast interviews and behind-the-scenes shots. It does not seem like it was intended for public release, so don't expect to see it any time soon.
Sci-fi novelist Brian Clement was one of the lucky viewers of the first Dune footage and he has shared his thoughts online for fans. First of all, the footage did not have completed special effects, though Clement describes the cinematography as "beautiful," while stating, "I'm not exaggerating when I say a lot of people will have goosebumps/tears when they see this movie (I might!). Heck, when they see the footage I saw they will." The author had to choose his words wisely as not to catch any trouble with Warner Bros.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Looks like it will be better than CATS.

CaptainWacky

There's a canon musical in the Dune universe named CHAIRDOGS (there isn't really.)

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
THERE SHOULD BE.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member

There are some leaked photos in this video I haven't seen before. I haven't been following everything closely, though. ANYWAY, no it's not "woke" you morons. Jessica is a major character in Dune, it's not woke for her to be a main character in the movie. People are so stupid. (NOT YOU GUYS, OK) Paul is not a white savior, he is not a hero, even though I think most Dune fans like to think of him as a bit heroic. I wish the Twitter ding dongs who complain about everything would read the damn book.

CaptainWacky

I don't watch videos with that kind of title but they better not say anything about Zendaya's skin tone...

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
The video is good. I probably made it seem like he was being stupid, when it's just him disagreeing with the stupid. Plus he includes the leaked pictures, and speculates on what they might be.

Starship Coyote

Original Gangster!
I am playing Feyd Rautha.

The Tomtrek

Love Wookiee
The most important image, the prophecy fulfilled.

Vah0Zrl.png

CaptainWacky

The most important image, the prophecy fulfilled.

Vah0Zrl.png

How could I have possibly predicted that a hot, in demand young actress would have been cast in a major movie role perfect for her!

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
Can’t wait! After Denis Villeneuve’s work on Blade Runner I have full confidence in these films (and I want more Blade Runner).

CaptainWacky