Dune Movie

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Do we all agree that Marty and Daniel were Face Dancers and not killer robots?

Starship Coyote

Original Gangster!
Yes.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
He's Jabba before Jabba.

Anyway, my beef with the Dune sequels is the same as my beef with the Ender sequels: The author spent a whole lot of time, thought, and effort, building a world with rules and boundaries. And then, when the rules and boundaries interfere with what they want to write in the next book, they tear them out, wipe their asses with them, and flush them down the toilet.

I'm afraid I have no references to back any of this up because I have blotted all the sequels out of my brain as best I could, much like I did the "Star Wars" prequels that aren't called "Solo" and "Rogue One."

And the "Star Wars" sequels that aren't called "The Return of the Return of the Jedi: The Force Awakes," which wasn't great by any measure, but it wasn't terrible. Could've used some dancing teddy bears in the finale, but it didn't totally suck.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
I can't remmber anything about the last two anyway.

Starship Coyote

Original Gangster!
I can't remmber anything about the last two anyway.

There's not much to remember... it's mainly people standing around talking babble to each other. Oh, and Dune gets wiped of all life. That's it.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Frank got a little weird in his old age. I will never forget how he described the saliva smell of sex.

There were some good wisdomy quotes in the last two, but the sex stuff was super weird. I liked the idea of Marty, Daniel, and Duncan being so alike because the first two had absorbed so many lives, and Duncan had been a ghola so many times. I wasn't that crazy about the Honored Matres, except Murbella.

CaptainWacky

At least the final two Song of Ice and Fires books won't turn out so disappointing!

(Because they'll never be written.)

CaptainWacky

October 1st 2021. That's a year away!

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Grrrr!

Starship Coyote

Original Gangster!
God damnit.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Timothy needs to open an OnlyFans account while we're waiting.

Starship Coyote

Original Gangster!
i'm glad they delayed it

Really, the only upside I can possibly see is this: WB, who is already hurting, decides to recoup their money by releasing the film to DVD/Blue Ray in... say... March or April... and we get to see it in the comfort of our own home.

I'd rather see it on the big screen, but really... I'm easy either way.

But next October? That's too fucking long.

CaptainWacky

I want it to make enough money to get a sequel and I guess WB know that the October date is when it could do well (assuming there's a vaccine by then?) But also I want to see it before I die. So it's hard.

CaptainWacky

Apparently there's been test screenings and the reactions were all highly positive.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
I think it's because Timothée is so very very pretty.

CaptainWacky

No it's Zendaya.

They both are really!