Ever been busted by the cops?

Conchaga

Let's fuck some shit up
I was smoking some hash one day on a bridge in Florence, when some guy walked up to us while I was melting the hash for the joint. Anyway, he starts asking us if we saw anyone selling drugs in the area. Of course we say no, 'cause we had just bought the little brick in my fingers only minutes before from a guy about two blocks from us. At this point, the guy opens his jacket all FBI style and flashes his Carabinieri (Italy's version of the FBI) badge. Being an American, who just carried on a full conversation with the guy in Italian, I couldn't play the dumb tourist routine I'd pulled off with the cops before. I was certain I was gonna get deported. The guy just looked at me and held out his hand. I placed the freshly-purchased hash into his outstretched palm and he promptly tossed it in the river, said "now, you boys stay out of trouble," and walked away.

The story has a good ending though. I had just finished melting enough hash for a joint and it was still in my other hand. I rolled the spliff and we got high. We went back to the dealer and bought more a few hours later.

Closest encounter I've had with the cops.

Anyone else?

(side note: If anyone posts any "My parents caught me smoking weed" stories, I'm gonna delete it.)

Dirk Funk

Evil Penguin
No. I've never been arrested for anything. A few close calls, but my record is as clean as a whistle.

Ilyanna

moral imperfection
House search not that long ago, because I let someone else use my address at the registration office.
Rooms were peachy clean, except for a Morphine patch I took away from my mom a few years ago because I didn't trust her to use it correctly. It still was a very fucked-up experience, cops going through my personal stuff, a dog sniffing out my underwear... yuck. (OK, it could have been worse: it could have been the cop doing the sniffing :D )

Dual

RIP Karl 1991-2014
Classichummus and I were high as fuck in a state park overlooking the SF Bay last year, before I had my 215 card. A cop rolled up at 2am, when the park was closed, and asked for our IDs. I said that I didn't have any photo ID, but offered to show her my ACLU membership card. She told us to leave the park and left. :D

Dual

RIP Karl 1991-2014
Another time, I was driving home with half a dozen pot plants in my car, one in a brown paper bag on the passenger seat, when I hear a siren, and see a motorcycle cop flashing me over. I'm expecting the worst, of course. Turned out he was busting me for breaking the cell phone law, and I got a twenty dollar ticket.

Damn Texas cops busted me for a roach once. Total weight was 110 milligrams (a little over a tenth of a gram-- including the paper) and it was a Class A misdemeanor, one step below a state-jail felony. For 110 fucking MILLIGRAMS of resiny paper...

Ended up with 6 months deferred adjudication (call it probation), payments of $70 a probation visit, a piss test every single time, 100 hours of community service, a $500 fine, and 6 months of drug evaluation and counseling. When I showed up for my first court date with the full intention of representing myself (hey, less than 2 oz. is a misdemeanor-- isn't it?), I was severely warned to get an attorney or be in contempt. Yes, I was REQUIRED to hire an attorney. No, I would not be provided a public defender even though I was out of work at the time. Yes, that may be illegal-- but what can you do when the court holds all the cards, right??

It was total bullshit... but I learned all about fake piss during that time so it wasn't a total waste. :laugh:

Conchaga

Let's fuck some shit up
At least you gained something from your experience: how to fuck over the drug tests.

You should've asked the judge if he had a drink the night before.

Douches...

Fucking TexASS-- or more appropriately, fucking Barney Fife dickcheese Gxxxxxx P.D. chip on his shoulder pig.

His attitude curried no favor with me and I was determined to get even with the little dick-smoking prick. Make no mistake, I'm one of the kindest and most accommodating people you ever would meet and I'll stay that way as long as someone stays on my good side. But I'll warn you, my good side is very precarious and if someone crosses me the wrong way they get a new name: Target.

In exchange for the cop's douchebaggery on the scene, I pulled out a douchebag trick of my own. If you've seen my pics as you claim to have, you'd know that I'm a skinny rail who could (and did) slip out of the cuffs on the way to the jail. As we were walking down to the processing area, I started singing old-time cupcakeer spirituals. Normally, I sing pretty good, but I can sing awfully bad if I really want to. It got attention, but there was nothing the cop could do. But everyone was looking at us. The cop walked around behind me as if to unlock the cuffs. So-- I handed his cuffs back to him-- STILL CLOSED. "Here, Officer... you want these?", right in front of the whole day shift jail crew, other prisoners, supervisors... I mean EVERYONE. The whole day shift was laughing their asses off at that jackleg spit-boot donut-dunker.

Needless to say, I had nary a problem from my "room mates" during my brief but highly entertaining stay. The second shift was damn glad to see my bony ass get bailed out. :laugh:

The court, on the other hand, was not amused by my references to kangaroo courts, Volksgerichtshof and star chambers... :nono:

FBI parte due

Folces Weard
Sure, but there's places in Boston (that happen to also be good smoking places) where you can basically shake the bush next to you vigorously and have a couple fall out on top of you.

classichummus

on a break from forums