jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
What is death?

jack

What is being alive?

jack

Do you have a right to be happy, or should you earn it?

jack

8fb79d7d20ff3fa86e866dc02b98af86.jpg

Mirah

I love you
I actually looked at the Columbia river the other day and thought, "Wow, that is fed by this lake, which is fed by this creek, which is the creek I sat by and cried. My tears have traveled a long distance"
And then I laughed.

eloisel

Forever Empress E
If you think about the planet's respiration process, you have drank water Queen Cleopatra bathed in. When I think about all the things that have been in our water and what is being done in our water now, all the millions of human waste dumped into it and all the fish that do their business in it, I want to strain water, boil it, strain it again, boil it again, and then pray I don't die from some disease someone died from a million years ago and his body fell into a river and polluted the river and the disease has mutated into god knows what during the many trillions of times the water droplets from that ancient river flow have been processed in the planet's respiratory system.

Mirah

I love you
When I lived in the mountains....I drank from the stream. Wasn't smart. But I did it and survived!
Also there are these cabins by the lake, if you stay in them you are supposed to bring your own drinking water. They have water that is filtered only from the lake, sometimes people drink it!

jack

Be assured that a walk through an ocean of most souls would scarcely get your feet wet.

jack

Is there a god?

The Question

Eternal
Do you have a right to be happy, or should you earn it?

You have a right to be happy, because how you feel is entirely your decision and your responsibility. That said, 'happy' is a flare, a momentary excitement. 'Contented' is a steadier, healthier positive emotion.

jack

You have a right to be happy, because how you feel is entirely your decision and your responsibility. That said, 'happy' is a flare, a momentary excitement. 'Contented' is a steadier, healthier positive emotion.

Fully agree. Is that "satisfaction" or "Happiness"?

Is satisfaction the same as contentment?

The Question

Eternal
Fully agree. Is that "satisfaction" or "Happiness"?

Is satisfaction the same as contentment?

There's a few in that general neighborhood. Contentment, fulfillment, equanimity. Being on an even keel, smooth sailin'. Happiness is turbulent.

jack

I'll say. I think satisfaction is the calmest of them.