Game of Thrones season 8

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
I thought they made it clear winter was over. King’s Landing looked dramatically different after Jon killed Dany and when he went beyond the wall there was a shot of vegetation growing out of the snow.

Like Cassie I was expecting the worst, so I was actually pleasantly surprised. Dany’s death for some reason didn’t feel very dramatic, but I did like Drogon’s symbolic destruction of the throne.

Bran was an odd choice and really should’ve had more “character” development if they planned this for a while. We don’t understand what makes him tick. And not in an enigmatic way, but an annoying one.

Speaking of, Bran and Arya’s powers went to a complete waste. Superhero movies manage to utilise multiple characters powers in interesting and novel ways, yet you wouldn’t know these two even had powers if you only tuned into the last three episodes, where they should have used them.

Oh well. You just have to look back on all the good times, I guess. And wait for GRRM to do it right.

Unanswered questions:

Why was it so wintery at the beginning of this episode? In the previous one King’s Landing was sunny like usual. At first I thought the snowflakes were ash, as it didn’t make much sense.

How did anyone know Jon stabbed Dany? Didn’t Drogon carry her body away? I guess Jon stupidly fessed up?

Everything else.

Dershocka

dershocka
I was expecting Jon to just cover up killing Dany reminiscent of how Ned covered up his birth lineage. That way he could keep her legend alive, and establish peace. He could've just clamied she felt guilty about burning the town up, said fuck it nobody should rule, and melted the throne on the way out. But, no Jon never learned that being honest in westeros is the worse thing a person could be. Greyworm embracing the wise and diplomatic choice of keeping Jon alive to prevent further warfare made little sense after following Dany's cue of just straight killing every mf body. I was hoping the series would end with 7 independent kingdoms that had a U.N. type set up in the new melting pot of Kings Landing. And having the center of peace and diplomacy be the city now ran by a ruthless dickless army and a horde of barbarians would've been as silly as what actually went down.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
I think they did mention in the episode that Jon confessed. Which is the kind of stupid thing he'd do. Doesn't really explain why Grey Worm didn't just murder him in a rage right away instead of waiting for all the lords of Westeros, who Grey Worm has no loyalty towards, to arrive.

The seasons are supposed to last several years and this winter was predicted to be the longest in memory. You could say that the Night King dying ended winter early or maybe caused the seasons to change to Earth-length, but that wasn't in the show...

WHILE I'M COMPLAING, how the fuck did Sam get to be Grand Maester? Did he even qualify as a regular Maester yet? (I guess he did when he healed Jorah.) Surely there would be lots of Masters more senior than he who would have been more likely to serve? Is he still with Gilly? Because Maesters aren't supposed to have wives or girlfriends (I know Pycelle liked whores but he was corrupt.)

I GUESS IT DOESN'T MATTER.

CaptainWacky

AND why would Tyrion not be mentioned in the history book Sam brought in at the end? I mean I know the reason why was for a cheap "nobody remembers Tyrion!" joke, but in universe how does it make sense? He was Hand of the King to Joffrey, successfullly defended King's Landing from attack by Stannis, was found guilty of murdering Joffrey, the Prince of Dorne died defending him in his trial by combat, he murdered Tywin Lannister (head of the richest house, new Hand of the King), was Hand of the King to Dany when she invaded Westeros with three fucking dragons, publically denounced her after she went mad, and is now Hand of the King for a third time(!) to Bran. OF COURSE HE'D BE MENTIONED IN A BOOK OF RECENT HISTORY.

Okay I'm done.

CaptainWacky

Mentalist

Administrator
Staff member
It really is quite spectacular just how badly the ballsed it up. They are clearly talented showrunners which is a skill in of itself, with a production like this (Starbucks cup notwithstanding) but clearly shit writers without quality source material.

lol GRRM is never going to finish the books either. At least he won't have to worry trying to live up to their version if he does.

CaptainWacky

I think he might finish Winds of Winter in a year or four. A Dream of Spring...yeah that's never happening. :(

CaptainWacky

If it was a cocaine problem the tabloids could make "JON BLOW" jokes. But it seems to just be boring alcohol.

Dershocka

dershocka
In 5-15 years they'll bring back the characters for a sequel series. It further devolve from LotR type stories to further X-Men silliness. Think about it.

They got a leader in a wheelchair with psychic powers surrounded by outcasts and misfits keeping the 6 kingdoms safe from trouble. Sansa certainly seems capable of pulling off a Magneto esque vibe perhaps resecuring territory or settling land and border disputes in brutal fashion. Also in the spirit of distasteful retcon comic book nonsense Sansa secretly gave Gregor his only peace of Poon Dangit before he left Winterfell to kill his brother. She now has a Prince who's big as a house with a brutal sense of Justice who can't be named Juggernaut for legal and creative reasons.

The sequel series sees siblings square off with different ideals of peace while King Bran assembles the finest warriors from Westeros with the help of the Godswood a.k.a Cerebro. While Sansa can just bring up the shit treatment Northerners got at the hands of the South, and always has the unwavering loyalty of her people ala Magneto and the BrotherHood.

Arya "Corsair" Stark sails the seas only to discover the world is round, and the other side has been burnt the fuck up by the "folllowers of Azai Azhor(?)" . She realizes home could be next, and sails back toward Westeros with her band of weirdos, and green people.

All the while the forces from beyond Essos who worshipped the Red God beleive Danerys to be a messianic figure of sorts. They now have a misguided Holy mission to continue her work of burning away the old world that was stopped by the Betrayer Jon Snow. And they caught the last dragon and have enslaved it for its evil goal. Maybe they found a way to hatch more fossil dragon eggs with the dragon's fire. Creating a sentinel like flying army of death. Can brother and sister reach peace, and gather their bands of freaks, and Northerners to restore peace??

Will Arya bring her Starjammers analogue group back from across the sea in time to chill everybody out, and reunite House Stark for one more showdown?? Jon shows up eventually with a group of Giants, and children of the forest who hid from the Wight Walkers, but decided they can no longer hide from shit. Big Red whos name I've already forgotten has fucked a giant chick, and has 10 big ass offspring. Jon Snow is obviously Wolverine.

Holy shit, Kit Harrington could play Wolverine.

CaptainWacky

Giant wights as Sentinels...

CaptainWacky

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
There is only Hodor and chaos!

Come here and hug myself and my nephew!

BREAKFAST IS COMING!

CaptainWacky

MADE MORE SENSE THAN THE END WE GOT ETC.

CaptainWacky

If you still can't stop thinking about GOT and have two hours...

CaptainWacky

whisky

Boobie inspector
The GOT prequel series also got canned, so rough day for them.

CaptainWacky

They weren't involved in that.