Geek Squad Question

Mirah

I love you
Does anybody know their process of transferring data from one hard drive to another?

I am wondering if they just hook it up, do a transfer and its done-I mean they don't really care what kind of data is on that hard drive do they?! 0_0

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts

Jibbles

Shit Lord, Esq.
Does anybody know their process of transferring data from one hard drive to another?

Standard operating procedure. A lot of Geek Squad's revenue can be considered a stupid tax. IE, you're too stupid and lazy to do something simple and easy and you'd rather pay them.

I mean they don't really care what kind of data is on that hard drive do they?! 0_0

Ethical questions depend on the subject (person). "Geek Squad" isn't just one person. There is evidence of computer shops being unethical and immoral and illegal (damaging, snooping, etc). The average is good guys, but there are bad guys.

Mirah

I love you
Thanks

Did I mention that one computer is inop? I cannot get it to start. I was told it may be the hard drive or maybe a fan.

I will research more.

eloisel

Forever Empress E
If you aren't getting any power to it try replacing the power supply first. Most of the time when one of my pcs dies it is because the power supply went kaput.

Mirah

I love you
If you aren't getting any power to it try replacing the power supply first. Most of the time when one of my pcs dies it is because the power supply went kaput.

Thank you. I have tested the power supply including the battery.

Jibbles

Shit Lord, Esq.
It depends on how far in the startup sequence your machine is getting.

A bad power supply won't even let your processor start up.

A bad hard drive will give you an error message.

A bad mother board may or may not give you a message.

Unseated ram will give you a message.

Laptops may have defunct batteries but should still work with charger.

There's so many ifs ands or buts with computers it's ridiculous. And even the term "bad" has a lot of meanings from items simply needed to be re-connected, fried, damaged, cracker, reinstalled, reseated, cleaned, etc.

The current rig I'm using had a DOA power supply and it took me an hour or so to troubleshoot all my parts. My fans and LED lights were turning on for a second and then shutting off. Wasn't sure if it was the MB or power supply. Started going backwards. Took the ram out. Tried it. Took the HD out. Tried it. Took the GFX out. Tried it. Reseated the processor. Tried it. Tried all the cabling, uncabling, and recabling. Picked up a power supply at Best Buy tried it. Success.

Mirah

I love you
FUCK ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!