Gillian Jacobs thread

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
Here is a thread for actress Gillian Jacobs.

Here is the trailer for her new Netflix show.

[youtubehd]Ym3LoSj9Xj8[/youtubehd]

I mean I wouldn't watch it if Gillian Jacobs wasn't in it, but she is so I will!

CaptainWacky

Remember that Love will be on Netflix starting TOMORROW!!!

CaptainWacky

So I watched a few episodes of Love. Gillian is great but her character isn't likable at all. I know that's on purprose but it's a bit annoying when I'm wanting a character who looks like Gillian Jacobs to be less annoying. She does show signs of likability at times though! And Gillian is great. The lead guy is good too but...like, he's not good looking but all these hot girls are interested in him? Gillian (eventually anyway), his ex girlfriend, those college girls who wanted a threesome (does that really happen?), the hot girl at the party...it's a bit hard to believe but I guess that's HOLLYWOOD for you. And Gillian's two exes in it aren't exactly lookers either. How about casting a hot guy, Apatow? HOW ABOUT THAT.

Also do cool people like this who do "cool" things like play guitars and stuff really exist? I don't do social stuff so I don't know.

But yeah it's watchable due to Gillian and I do kid of want to see what happens next so I'll watch the whole season.

CaptainWacky

Why did this turn into a "help, too many beautiful women want to have sex with me!" show?

The Tomtrek

Love Wookiee
Yeah, that's the worst part of the entire show.

It's really weird how both Gus and Mickey's problems are basically due to a lack of self confidence, but whereas every woman Gus seems to meet just wants to have sex with him for basically no reason, every guy Mickey meets just tells her that she's a terrible person.

I mean Mickey's dealing with actual substance abuse and Gus' problem is "well I guess I'm just too nice!!" and I think the show still wants us to sympathise with Gus more??

But apart from that really weird thing overall I thought it was okay. Gillian was really good in it and the side characters were nice and I liked that people generally seemed to be nice to each other instead of weirdly forced drama.

CaptainWacky

Gillian was great because if she hadn't been playing the character then I probably woud have hated her because I didn't like the way she was randomly rude to people who didn't deserve it (basically anyone she'd encounter who was just trying to do their job or put on a magic show) and how didn't appreciate her nice Australian friend. I mean I get that she had problems but it was a bit much. Gus got more annoying as it went on because at first he just seemed to have bad luck but by the end he's just being an asshole to everyone and throwing laptops around. But it was pretty funny at times (episode five was probably the highlight) and yeah the side characters felt like real people with their own lives (who write songs for movies that don't have songs.)

Big Dick McGee

If you don't know, now ya know
Yvette Nicole Brown is hotter.

CaptainWacky

Note to self: edit in BrittaInGlasses.gif later.

CaptainWacky

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Gillian Jacobs is super cute, but that show is awful. Dan Harmon shouldn't try to act! :mad:

CaptainWacky

I wish she really was a sentient computer programme who wanted to kill me.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Maybe she is secretly living in your computer tower. If you hook it up to an old tv she will appear.