Gillian Jacobs thread

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
Love.

CaptainWacky

Happy birthday Gillian Jacobs (34)!

(It was actually yesterday but I missed it sorry.)

CaptainWacky

Love season 2: March 10th.

The Question

Eternal
Pop music. Children trying and failing to look cool. Followed by still images of two trailers for upcoming Netflix series, one of which features two people who both look like they escaped from rehab facilities so they could lay on a park bench and compare their tongues.

Sometimes I actually almost understand why the only things the major studios vomit up are remakes.

CaptainWacky

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
She doesn't drink? :(

Also, her name advances the argument for the dark twisted half of humanity that thinks it's pronounced "GHIF" instead of "JIF".

BUT I STILL LOVE HER.

CaptainWacky

Well it makes sense that "Gillian" and "Jillian" would sound different otherwise what's the point of having both of them!?

CaptainWacky

CaptainWacky

Random Love season 2 thoughts having watched the whole season. Spoilers obviously.

- They seemed to tone down Gus and Mickey's unlikableness a bit from season one.

- But they still put in one random "woman wants to fuck Gus out of nowhere" moment with his boss who always hated him before that.

- The stuff with Gus at work where he'd say one comment and someone would completely overreact to it and blame him for a stunt man dying or whatever was annoying and not very funny.

- It's at its best when it's random conversations between two characters saying funny things. The over the top stuf (like the police chase in episode one) doesn't work as well.

- Having said that, the Shrooms episode was the funniest one, when the fat guy kept saying "cayote" in a weird way and talking about murdering women.

- I thought the guy Mickey was cheating on Gus with looked familiar and only just found out he's Harry from Mad Men. He looked different!

- Not enough Bertie.

- What's the fucking point of the "Mickey is friends with Andy Dick!" thing? He was in one pointless scene that wasn't funny and just ground the episode to a halt.

- Okay, seriously, are they sponsored by Uber or what? I get mentioning it when it comes up naturally in the plot when someone needs transportation. That makes sense. But then they had Mickey's Dad design an app like Uber and she explained how much better Uber is. Then worst of all the sex podcaster asked listeners for their "funniest story of sex in an Uber." It was really distracting and stupid.

- I guess we're still supposed to think that Mickey and Gus don't belong in a relationship with each other at the end of the season? Otherwise it doesn't make sense.

Last edited:

CaptainWacky

^I wonder if anyone else has watched Love season two and has thoughts.

CaptainWacky

CaptainWacky

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
She's an adorable nerd.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
YAY RUPAUL'S DRAG RACE SHOUT OUT AND TAKING MOM TO DRAG SHOWS!

I just love her.

CaptainWacky

Is that the real Maggie Smith...

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Yes! Without makeup she looks like this:

aQba4G3.gif

CaptainWacky

I always knew.

CaptainWacky